You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

This post is intended for the strictly off line grinder. This is totally separate from online play and has nothing to do with it.

After watching the rollout for the 2nd Inning program in yesterday's stream, I came to the conclusion that SDS will more likely than not will not be adding any stat based missions or programs to the game this year. They have fully embraced the concept of Moments and are doing away with the program or arc type missions of years past.

These games are planned out months ahead of time, so the notion of adding stat missions on the fly seems far fetched. Remember last year the huge gap between the 1st half of career arcs and the 2nd half that introduced the remaining arcs and immortals? I would wager that they spent most of their time since the game released until that new content dropped simply working on the missions and all of the coding needed. So just saying they can easily create a new batch of stat based missions is not that simple.

I am not a programmer but it cannot be easy telling the game to add up X stat(s) by X type player(s) and once a certain numbers are hit reward the user with this certain card.

So I am sad to say the grind is gone, and I know that is what many gamers enjoyed about the game. Yes, I know inning 2 drops today, but I am not looking forward to another conquest map and some more moments. I find myself playing less and less everyday and that is something I never did last year or in 17.

There are some of you that love moments and I am truly happy for you, but the moment lovers seem to be in the minority based on what I see on this and other boards.

I know that I am not alone in saying that my interest and desire to play this once great game is waning everyday. 

The beauty of this game was that there was not one way to play the game, an offline grinder could get the same amount of enjoyment as an online player. And the guys that played both got the best of both worlds.

But with the patches supposedly ruining online play and the offline grind being gone, people will stop playing this game and that is not good for any of us.

4/19/2019 6:09AM PDT

I see both sides. I do sorta miss the Career Arcs, but don't see them coming back.

One thing that would've been nice is if we could have grinded for Team Affinity points. Something like 20 HR with Braves players earns 5 points, or 10 wins with Braves pitchers earns 5 points. If someone wanted to grind the CPU for that it would give them a goal.

Maybe a dumb idea, I don't know.

Comment by wingspan1985
4/19/2019 2:07PM CDT

Not a dumb idea at all.

Here's the thing with the team affinity mode...you can buy your way to points (exchanges), you can play MTO for points (slow), but the only other thing is to grind innings.  The elites on here throw their arms in the air anything they hear "grinding" because then the players that maybe aren't as good as them or haven't spent as much money in the game as them actually could unlock cards too.  They also complain they dont want to play "lesser cards", only their all-diamond teams.  If they added some grinding as an option, but left the other options in as well, then everyone could be happy.  Instead of making only one path to unlock the cards, open up several.  They're already doing it with the innings grind (offline path and online path) so why not continue that idea with some other stats other than innings?

Just an example:

Hit 15 HRs with x team players in Offline DD games - 5pts.

Hit 10 HRs with x team players in Online DD games - 5pts.

Comment by Precisionist99
4/19/2019 2:38PM CDT

I like this plan. both offline and online are rewarded, just like now with innings, and if you play both, like I do, you get both. Even if they added say HR and hits, along with wins and saves, that would be 40 points, which would be huge.Or just some combo of a few stats to grind.

I'm not a game developer, so I don't know if this is even feasible for this year, but hopefully next year we have something like this. It would just be a nice way to use your DD team for fun and feel like you are working towards something.

4/19/2019 1:31PM PDT
See original thread.