You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I posted this thread about 2 weeks ago, praising SDS for delivering a truly fantastic online game: https://theshownation.com/forums/2-diamond-dynasty/forum_topics/132647-sds-please-don-t-change-hitting-or-pitching-in-online-play

Since then, something has drastically changed.  Pitching is no longer as effective as it was.  Lineouts are a constant.  What changed??  🤷🏼‍♂️

4/18/2019 9:18AM PDT

I have a question, for anyone really; Do you think the increase in line outs and similar from what we saw in the first week is because everyone has had a chance to improve their team? This obviously leads to faster moving outfielders who are less likely to get a bad jump on a fly ball, which would increase the number of flyout/lineout occurrences vs the amount of balls that fall into the gaps.

Comment by Sweedy1407
4/18/2019 9:45AM PDT

I think that's a big part of it, yes. Outfields with Gwynn, Ichiro, Mays, Lofton, etc. 

Comment by thizzlyadams
4/18/2019 9:56AM PDT

Yeah, that occurred to me also. Thing is, if they start nerfing that, we will just have tons of people crying about “jogging outfielders” or “99 Willie Mays is trash because defense sucks”. Plus, as Kkonicke said, less soft hits because players have more power. Ichiro is godly for me online which would support that hypothesis, he hits line drives, but a ton more bloopers overall. 

With that in mind, as a possible solution, would you rather they slowed down outfielders speed on defense so we see more gap hits, increase hitters power so we see more of these flyouts turn into home runs, or reduce hitters power to see more of them fall into the shorter gaps? I’d hate to see anything too drastic in any direction myself, but clearly hitting above “easy mode” level has begun to feel unrewarding.

Comment by Sweedy1407
4/18/2019 10:05AM PDT

My preference would to go back to the hitting engine used in MLB 17.

4/18/2019 10:25AM PDT
See original thread.