You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I posted this thread about 2 weeks ago, praising SDS for delivering a truly fantastic online game: https://theshownation.com/forums/2-diamond-dynasty/forum_topics/132647-sds-please-don-t-change-hitting-or-pitching-in-online-play

Since then, something has drastically changed.  Pitching is no longer as effective as it was.  Lineouts are a constant.  What changed??  🤷🏼‍♂️

4/18/2019 9:18AM PDT

The lineouts...for real. Especially the last handful of days. It's almost like they reverted back to 2018 hitting at some point in the last week or so.

Comment by kkonicke
4/18/2019 9:41AM PDT

I have a question, for anyone really; Do you think the increase in line outs and similar from what we saw in the first week is because everyone has had a chance to improve their team? This obviously leads to faster moving outfielders who are less likely to get a bad jump on a fly ball, which would increase the number of flyout/lineout occurrences vs the amount of balls that fall into the gaps.

Comment by Sweedy1407
4/18/2019 9:45AM PDT

I've thought about that, many people have guys Mays/Henderson/Gwynn type players in the outfield. Also most teams have better hitters that are hitting the ball harder, so less looping line drives that go over teh shortstop or 2b but fall in front of the outfielder. That said, maybe SDS needs to tweak their sliders or tweak something a bit. It's going to be boring playing a game that's basically a HR derby again. I don't care how good your outfield defense is, plenty of balls should get down in the outfield.

4/18/2019 9:55AM PDT
See original thread.