You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
25 610 Active 4 months ago

Is Cobb starting lineup worthy or just an elite pinch hitter? His contact ratings are insane

I currently have:

RF -- Gold Blackmon -- (who has been an XBH machine)

CF -- Diamond Andruw Jones

LF -- Diamond Rickey Henderson

4/18/2019 6:58AM PDT

Everyone has their own preferences I’m sure, but Cobb so far has been the biggest disappointment for me. Also, with all the outfield options this year there’s no way he’d stick in any Reasonably good team’s outfield more than a month or so anyway

4/18/2019 7:10AM PDT

My Cobb is hitting like a madman every damm pitch.

4/18/2019 7:16AM PDT

I've been fairly successful with Cobb getting base hits.  I think I've hit maybe one gap shot, but lots of bloopers.  Huge PCI helps and his defense has been fine so far.  ::Knocks on wood::

I wouldn't completely ignore what he can do, but also am looking for a replacement (maybe Ichiro) when I can get one.

4/18/2019 7:16AM PDT

He's on the bench for me - he's good for a hit off the bench against a RH pitcher.  But his defense and speed is too poor to start over Dave Parker, Andruw Jones and Yelich for me personally. 

4/18/2019 7:17AM PDT

I mean he’s good for a single or two per game. Would be a great leadoff hitter. I’would have used him more I didn’t have Lofton at the time and now Ichiro 

4/18/2019 7:19AM PDT

Pinch hitter for me. I'm all about defense and his defense/speed is too slow. My OF Henderson LF, Kiermaier CF, Finley RF. Finley is borderline defense for me, but I'm crushing with him. Cobb is on my bench.

4/18/2019 7:20AM PDT

He is in my starting lineup but I play offline and don't have the issues with errors that seem to happen online. 

Hitting wise, he does not miss the ball when he swings and he seems to find holes in the infield and outfield that other players cant. 

4/18/2019 7:21AM PDT

pinch hitter only !!!! who would actually play him in the field LOL

Is Cobb starting lineup worthy or just an elite pinch hitter? His contact ratings are insane

I currently have:

Comment by ElAltoProfesor

I have him in RF over gold Blackmon. But I prefer slap hitters with tons of vision. I haven't had a problem defensively. I hit him 8th and usually get to SAC bunt him over with my pitcher when he singles. Although I have pulled a couple into the gap with him too. Lots of singles though for sure. 

4/18/2019 7:37AM PDT

This is end of career Cobb A’s card . . . . I think the are better options now.  When his Prime career Tigers card comes out later in the game he’ll definitely be in a lot more lineups.  That card will have ultra hitting plus close to 99/99 speed / stealing

BUT he’s one of the worst fielders of all-time and committed most errors ever in OF as I recall.  

4/18/2019 9:03AM PDT

I currently have:

I played a lot of innings with Cobb before putting him on the bench and he’s not worth it. He’s a hitting machine with his high contact but he’s so awful in the outfield it’s not worth it. Even offline he makes horrible plays in the outfield so I put him on my bench and got Yelich instead 

4/18/2019 9:05AM PDT

He’s better having as a pinch hitter if you need a single or a double with runners on base in a clutch situation but I wouldn’t play him in the outfield especially online 

4/18/2019 9:10AM PDT

pinch hitter only !!!! who would actually play him in the field LOL

Comment by TheHungryHole

Offline he is a serviceable RF. 

I realize that online is more susceptible to errors (I am not sure why that should be) but apparently there is a pretty big difference between online and offline when it comes to errors. 

4/18/2019 9:27AM PDT

Offline he is a serviceable RF. 

I realize that online is more susceptible to errors (I am not sure why that should be) but apparently there is a pretty big difference between online and offline when it comes to errors. 

Comment by Dolenz
4/18/2019 9:27AM PDT

I agree he’s doable offline but even offline he’s made silly mistakes more often than your typical silver or gold fielder. It’s becuase his reaction time is bad so he doesn’t move or jump onto the ball too well 

4/18/2019 9:33AM PDT

Bench bat always

4/18/2019 9:33AM PDT

Cobb is a weak pop out machine. 

4/18/2019 9:43AM PDT

I haven't played online yet, but for me, Cobb's usually my go-to pinch hitter vs. RHP.

4/18/2019 9:51AM PDT

I have to admit, I hated that he was the reward for conquest. But, after using him I was dead wrong. He hits everything! If you have a really good outfield then put him on your bench and sub when you need a hit. He’s a beast.

4/18/2019 9:57AM PDT

This is end of career Cobb A’s card . . . . I think the are better options now.  When his Prime career Tigers card comes out later in the game he’ll definitely be in a lot more lineups.  That card will have ultra hitting plus close to 99/99 speed / stealing

BUT he’s one of the worst fielders of all-time and committed most errors ever in OF as I recall.  

Comment by seamusmq
4/18/2019 9:03AM PDT

Sounds like he will be a career DD Pine Rider until the manager says... "Hey Cobb, grab a bat... You are up"

4/18/2019 10:01AM PDT

I’ve been hitting pretty well with him and since I don’t spend money on this game, I feel like I’m stuck with him in my lineup for awhile because he’s “free” and you can’t sell him. Most of the comments above are true, he average at best in the field which hurts, but that big PCI is nice. I bat him 8th after some fast guys so there’s a chance to hit and run, etc. I’m probably 1 night away from Level 75, so I’ve been debating picking Ichiro to replace Cobb, but will likely go with one of the 99 SP’s or Hoffman.

4/18/2019 10:13AM PDT

I'm not a great hitter and never have been. Just love playing. With that being said; I hit really well with Ty Cobb and he is my starting LF. His defense has been fine for me also. I'm batting .427 with him. Best wishes!

4/18/2019 11:03AM PDT

I currently have:

Blackmon is so good this year at the plate, I have him in RF. I'll risk the defense and arm for now.  Cobb is the first PH off my bench.

4/18/2019 11:10AM PDT

Ty Cobb has been great for me but I've only gotten up to division series. He is a doubles machine for me and is batting over .350 online for me. He has made a couple of bad plays in the outfield though but so have my other outfielders. I might keep Cobb in my lineup for a while, his doubles have been so clutch for me. 

4/18/2019 11:16AM PDT

Defense is tough, but he is currently hitting over 500 for me in the leadoff in about 15 RS games. Contact machine

4/18/2019 11:16AM PDT