You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
12 602 Active 4 months ago

I’m debating on picking the SS brooks robinson, anyone have him and have well with him?

4/17/2019 8:18PM PDT

He’s a third basemen...and the card is buttcheeks just saying.  Worst pick I ever took I wish I took Gwynn because I’ve played with gywnn in BR and he’s solid.   I took Robinson because I needed a third basemen I can be absolutely perfect Good/good and with his supposed beast hitting across the board that dude pops out every time.  Card is trash .   And it’s supposed to be a diamond fielder and he makes errors too.  You are better off putting Matt Carpenter at third.  

4/17/2019 8:22PM PDT

He’s a third basemen...and the card is buttcheeks just saying.  Worst pick I ever took I wish I took Gwynn because I’ve played with gywnn in BR and he’s solid.   I took Robinson because I needed a third basemen I can be absolutely perfect Good/good and with his supposed beast hitting across the board that dude pops out every time.  Card is trash .   And it’s supposed to be a diamond fielder and he makes errors too.  You are better off putting Matt Carpenter at third.  

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Oh you actually ended up taking him? That’s rough. I kinda figured he wouldn’t play well but good to get confirmation. 

4/17/2019 8:24PM PDT

Also thanks for confirming. That pick is tough early on. I really need a 3B, but I just can't justify using the pick on Brooks when Morgan, Gwynn and Snider are out there. I think I'll go with Morgan, though.

4/17/2019 8:25PM PDT

Oh you actually ended up taking him? That’s rough. I kinda figured he wouldn’t play well but good to get confirmation. 

Comment by lReversaL-
4/17/2019 8:24PM PDT

Right now he’s in my lineup.  But it’s over.  I gave him another chance...two men on two out down a run ... good/good right down the middle pop up.  It’s like certain cards just don’t get hits no matter what.  

Abd im hitting decent I hit 277 I believe not great but not trash.  Can’t hit with that card.  

4/17/2019 8:27PM PDT

Right now he’s in my lineup.  But it’s over.  I gave him another chance...two men on two out down a run ... good/good right down the middle pop up.  It’s like certain cards just don’t get hits no matter what.  

Abd im hitting decent I hit 277 I believe not great but not trash.  Can’t hit with that card.  

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Maybe if and hopefully when they come out with a patch he will be ok

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

How’s his bat speed tho? Slow like piazza? 

4/17/2019 8:49PM PDT

He’s not a bad choice. He can definitely smack some balls, and I haven’t had an issue with him in the field.

With that being said, he might not be your best pick. If I was choosing my team based on performance instead of for their history I’d have taken either Morgan or Gwynn - Morgan is an end game second baseman already, and Gwynn seems to fit the same for outfielders. 

4/17/2019 9:21PM PDT

I’m a .255 hitter and Robinson is batting .313, so I’d say pretty solid including great fielding 

4/17/2019 10:34PM PDT

Idk I used him in BR and loved him made me consider picking him... 

4/17/2019 10:38PM PDT

He wasn’t on my radar at all, but I used him a little in home run derby just to see what his swing is like and I loved him. Yeah, obviously it’s just home run derby but I liked him enough to semi commit to taking him at gold 1. I took Gwynn at silver 1 and I’m saving first base for Jimmy Foxx (another swing I loved) so I won’t be taking Frank Thomas. 

4/18/2019 4:58AM PDT

I am seriously considering Brooks vs Snider at Silver 0. It is way too easy for people to complain about a card like Brooks because they expect it to be a .400 hitter with dingers half the time. He is an elite 3B fielder and has double gapper machine written all over him. When i get there depending on my squad it will be a 50/50 decision. 

4/18/2019 5:16AM PDT