You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

We all run into these guys - They use a lag switch right as the pitch is coming in to then get bombs. Then magically the lag goes away when it’s your turn to bat. Here’s video of it just happening again tonight. So tired of players like this - Just play the dam game the right way!

https://youtu.be/i2fPM_6OVBg

4/17/2019 7:51PM PDT

Damn he took you 415 to Frank's Hot Dog Stand

4/17/2019 8:02PM PDT

My wife was watching me play the other night and said why when you pitch it's slow motion and when your batting it's like crazy fast and she knows nothing about the game 

4/17/2019 8:05PM PDT

I’ve experienced the pitch slow down thing but I have never had the ball stop like that ever.

4/17/2019 8:06PM PDT

To be honest I don’t think that is the player cheating I’ve had this happen to me.  I think it’s game lag...and he’s seeing the ball on his end regular speed —- the contact and everything just gets lag spiked but I don’t believe it’s like he stopped the game and then homered it’s just that’s how you are seeing it.  Lag switching isn’t something going on in gaming in 2019 man.  That was like 06 it’s very hard for people to alter play when there are dedicated servers running the game.  Once you mess with your connection youll get disconnected and get a loss.  

4/17/2019 8:14PM PDT

I feel you bro. Look what happen to me. Smh

https://youtu.be/IAgxCHgz_y4

4/17/2019 8:23PM PDT

Lag switch lol. This happens to us all. Its just game lag. It wont happen when you hit. But it can happen after you hit and see the ball go places it doesnt really go. 

4/17/2019 8:25PM PDT

Look, If you don’t feel it’s a lag switch - Fine...But this only happened when he was at bat and only right after I pitched. If this was some normal game lag or whatever then it would have effected both of us throughout the game. 

4/17/2019 8:59PM PDT

Known issue. Play at minor league ball parks to fix pitch lag. 

4/17/2019 9:33PM PDT

Usually the other guy is on WiFi or his upload speed is crap

4/17/2019 9:35PM PDT

Happens a lot. Best way to beat it is a few good 20-30 pauses by you after he does it two pitches in a row during an AB .You can sometimes force his side to finishing lagging out and disconnect...

They do use a device on their end to force an upload while you pitch. They add bandwidth usage on their side purposely causing the lag. When you go to a pause menu, they inadvertently time themselves out.

4/17/2019 9:40PM PDT

My wife was watching me play the other night and said why when you pitch it's slow motion and when your batting it's like crazy fast and she knows nothing about the game 

Comment by HonkyKong2115
4/17/2019 8:05PM PDT

SDS explained in detail why this would happen.  Think it was sometime back in 17.  It sucks, but that is their answer to allowing people with crap internet to play people with good internet. Sure wish that wasnt a thing.

4/17/2019 10:26PM PDT

Happens a lot. Best way to beat it is a few good 20-30 pauses by you after he does it two pitches in a row during an AB .You can sometimes force his side to finishing lagging out and disconnect...

They do use a device on their end to force an upload while you pitch. They add bandwidth usage on their side purposely causing the lag. When you go to a pause menu, they inadvertently time themselves out.

Comment by hoboadam
4/17/2019 9:40PM PDT

I will try this next time it happens, Thx!

4/18/2019 3:02AM PDT

The reason why this doesn't happen when you hit is because of how the game handles lag. When you hit, the game stops after you swing to catch up with your opponent. When you pitch, the pitch slows down or stops to catch up with your opponent. 

The reason that happens is once you release the pitch when you are pitching. The game plays out for the hitter normally. After the swing is made, the game "freezes" until the pitcher catches up so baserunning and defense are synched.

Stop complaining about lag switching when all that happens is the game becomes painfully slow and gives no competitive advantages. 

4/18/2019 3:42AM PDT

Lag switch lol. This happens to us all. Its just game lag. It wont happen when you hit. But it can happen after you hit and see the ball go places it doesnt really go. 

Comment by CallMeTinCup
4/17/2019 8:25PM PDT

Definitely happens when I'm hitting. I'm not saying it's a lag switch going on but get the stuttering on both offense and defense. 

4/18/2019 4:37AM PDT

Lag switch?  LOL Y'all are better than trump with your excuses! 

Watch the pitch and where it's at when it freezes - there is no way he could have started a swing then AND PULLED IT!  It's obviously just game lag

4/18/2019 5:04AM PDT

This is intentional on SDS's part, the same thing happens when your opponent is pitching to you.  They slow your pitcher down to make sure the hitter gets a smooth animation when the pitch comes in.  The worse your opponents internet is, the more dramatic of slow down is needed.  

When you are batting you don't see the slow down but rest assured it is happening.  Before they implemented this if you were playing a game with someone who had a terrible connection you would have balls teleport on you and end up in different parts of the zone than they appeared headed towards.

4/18/2019 6:27AM PDT