You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

The fact that the SS cards are just given away at this point is ruining RS. At least with the immortals people had to to work hard and grind for them and thats why I only had chipper last year but its so easy to get the SS cards. Everyone i face has 99 Kershaw and im fine with that card in the game but you should have to grind for it or it should be a flawless reward or something. The best cards need to be hard to get not something you can get a few weeks into the game.

4/17/2019 6:09PM PDT

I don't mind. It's kind of like The Show 17, when everyone had Vida Blue fairly early on, and he was an end-game pitcher.

4/17/2019 6:12PM PDT

I can guareente you that at least one of Griffey, Vlad, and Babe are going to be 12-0 flawless rewards. Im sure by the end of the game there will be 30+ of these SS cards so it doesn't really matter when they release them or how they release them because there are going to be a lot of them come July

4/17/2019 6:13PM PDT

It’s a design flaw/limitation; to equate a 93-94 positional diamond, pitchers are boosted 98-99 to compensate the randomness. So a 99 position player would have to be a 105+ rating. Don’t know if they’ll ever break the OVR cap or change the scaling system 

4/17/2019 6:14PM PDT

The fact that the SS cards are just given away at this point is ruining RS. At least with the immortals people had to to work hard and grind for them and thats why I only had chipper last year but its so easy to get the SS cards. Everyone i face has 99 Kershaw and im fine with that card in the game but you should have to grind for it or it should be a flawless reward or something. The best cards need to be hard to get not something you can get a few weeks into the game.

Comment by kingferret1
4/17/2019 6:09PM PDT

75 levels worth of XP isn't grinding?

4/17/2019 6:44PM PDT

Comment by Whiskey_McClure

No, it's not

4/17/2019 6:52PM PDT

I just don’t understand why they can’t just have a bunch of cards from their best year. Like the Kemp card.....or Ichiro. Why do they have to do this fictionalized stuff like immortals or SS. I’m having more fun using LS cards with the IE this year.

4/17/2019 8:04PM PDT

I think giving away immortal level pitchers at 75 (and another 2 before even hitting gold) was a bad idea. I’m perfectly fine with SS cards and how they are giving away good cards just for leveling up but I think those pitchers were a little much 

4/17/2019 8:19PM PDT

If they make folks wait and have to mindlessly grind for end game cards, they complain. If they give everyone just a few end game cards early on, folks complain too...  Jesus Fu**in Christ... 

4/17/2019 8:58PM PDT

I guess playing a whole bunch of different modes isn't grinding but playing the computer on rookie for endless hours makes you worthy of a 99 rated card. What a horrible Outlook for way to get good cards.  Most people were burnt out by August last year because of the zombie like grinding.

4/17/2019 9:02PM PDT

No, it's not

Comment by Dudeman22_
4/17/2019 6:52PM PDT

because why?

4/17/2019 9:37PM PDT

Seems like a savvy business decision.  If it is obtainable to get your hands on great cards without a season long grind, then you will have more people hooked on the game and sticking with playing it.  Especially early on before people move onto the new hotness

4/17/2019 9:54PM PDT

because why?

playing any game mode for 2 or 3 weeks and getting a 99 overall is not grinding

4/18/2019 8:26AM PDT

I can guareente you that at least one of Griffey, Vlad, and Babe are going to be 12-0 flawless rewards. Im sure by the end of the game there will be 30+ of these SS cards so it doesn't really matter when they release them or how they release them because there are going to be a lot of them come July

Comment by windmillsfordayz
4/17/2019 6:13PM PDT

exactly

4/18/2019 8:27AM PDT

because why?

You're just playing.  It's like getting a scheduled raise every 6 months over requesting one and working your butt off to prove you deserve it.

4/18/2019 8:30AM PDT

playing any game mode for 2 or 3 weeks and getting a 99 overall is not grinding

Comment by Dudeman22_
4/18/2019 8:26AM PDT

Only the hardcore have hit 75 bronze. My guess is your average player has not. I know that I am not there yet. When you get there you can get an end game pitcher that may or may not be chosen when you actually play. I have live series kershaw and I have not had him be selected in a week or more. I added the Bob Gibson card from the Cardinals Affinity and then played like 6 games in the newest conquest map and he was not selected either. 

I don't see it as a big deal.

4/18/2019 8:33AM PDT

Only the hardcore have hit 75 bronze. My guess is your average player has not. I know that I am not there yet. When you get there you can get an end game pitcher that may or may not be chosen when you actually play. I have live series kershaw and I have not had him be selected in a week or more. I added the Bob Gibson card from the Cardinals Affinity and then played like 6 games in the newest conquest map and he was not selected either. 

I don't see it as a big deal.

Comment by Dolenz
4/18/2019 8:33AM PDT

The hardcare have hit well beyond 75 bronze. The hardcore are well on their way to diamond. I'm at 75 bronze and I don't even play the game every day.

4/18/2019 8:35AM PDT

You're just playing.  It's like getting a scheduled raise every 6 months over requesting one and working your butt off to prove you deserve it.

Comment by Ikasnu

Getting rewards organically for just playing the game is alot better than needing 400 hr, 200 sb, 100 doubles etc to get one player. That just consists of playing the cpu on the easiest difficulty over and over, which is a complete joke and fun for nobody. Gwynn, Thomas, Robinson, Morgan, Snider will all be overshadowed by other players at their position. 

Foxx, Pujols, Bagwell, Gherig at first. Brett, Chipper, Boggs, Schmidt at third. In the outfield Vlad, Griffey, Babe Ruth, a better version of Cobb & Henderson. Morgan is the only one who won’t be overshadowed due to it being a thin position. 

Plus, the further you move up in xp the more you need. You have to play a ton. 

4/18/2019 8:36AM PDT

Comment by Ikasnu

Well tbf you should be getting a raise every year just to combat inflation. Otherwise you make less money.

4/18/2019 8:39AM PDT

I love the new way I can play online and finish collections and get good cards without playing modes I dont want to. The exact same thing applies for offline players. 

4/18/2019 8:41AM PDT

Well tbf you should be getting a raise every year just to combat inflation. Otherwise you make less money.

Comment by MrBrownnstone
4/18/2019 8:39AM PDT

It's just an anology.

4/18/2019 8:46AM PDT

The hardcare have hit well beyond 75 bronze. The hardcore are well on their way to diamond. I'm at 75 bronze and I don't even play the game every day.

Comment by ag1982
4/18/2019 8:35AM PDT

We may have different definititions of hardcore. I am well aware that there are many who have blown well past level 75. I have played for over 60 hours since release which is about 20 hours a week and I am somewhere in the mid 60s level wise. I feel like my 20 hours a week may even be more than your average player. 

What SDS can't do is adjust rewards based on those who play 40 hours or more a week, or those who spend lots of money money to finish collections. Doing so will only alienate everyone who does not have that amount of time or money.

4/18/2019 8:48AM PDT

I played the game 1,300 hours last year and still didn’t get the last 3 immortals. The grind was completely insane. I’ll reach silver by tonight, and intend to play this thing another 1,300+ hours this year too!

4/18/2019 8:52AM PDT

We may have different definititions of hardcore. I am well aware that there are many who have blown well past level 75. I have played for over 60 hours since release which is about 20 hours a week and I am somewhere in the mid 60s level wise. I feel like my 20 hours a week may even be more than your average player. 

What SDS can't do is adjust rewards based on those who play 40 hours or more a week, or those who spend lots of money money to finish collections. Doing so will only alienate everyone who does not have that amount of time or money.

Comment by Dolenz
4/18/2019 8:48AM PDT

They already decided day 1 to give a ton of XP for collections. The genie is out of the bottle.

4/18/2019 9:11AM PDT

SS cards are immortals 2.0 imo. What they should've done is make the SS series and just have it be based on the players best year in the majors that way no one would be OP. I doubt anyone will be using LS cards in july or august.

4/18/2019 9:17AM PDT