You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

This year’s auction house is great. It’s wonderful being able to spend more time playing and less time working the market.  The people complaining are the same people that drove the card prices up every year. Now all cards are affordable. It’s wonderful. A lot of new legends this year, so there will be more cards than years past on there too. One part of the game this guy thinks they did right. Last year completing for Vlad was insane and took too much time away from me getting better. This year I will have Mays at some point and it’s not such a time sink.  So flipping is harder, so what. It’s still possible, the gains just aren’t as big. And now people can’t drive the market up so much. It’s literally perfect. 

4/17/2019 2:07PM PDT

I also really like how the market is constructed this year.  I haven’t spent any additional money in stubs, I flip cards when I can, and I should be able to get Mays within the next couple of weeks.

4/17/2019 2:10PM PDT

Yes, margins have been tight but packs have been generous.

4/17/2019 2:12PM PDT

I agree in general(aside from the market average nonsense), but I'll be curious how it plays out with WS rewards, BR flawless rewards, etc. Everyone will have plenty of stubs, what reason is there to sell your card? Those types of rewards I think will be incredibly expensive when the time comes.

4/17/2019 2:13PM PDT

I disagree. Sorry but it is my money I spend, so I have the right to use it however I feel like. Sds is not anywhere near trust worthy enough to control the market prices. It's funny how elite players that are good enough to consistently win 12 games love the market and dont have to spend extra money while the rest of us have to continually go into our pocket to field a competitive team. I'm sure that was the point.

4/17/2019 2:15PM PDT

I dont know where people get that its affordable or whatever. If you're not spending real money and you have awful pack luck its probably worse since there's very little way to earn stubs in game. Sure you get a few thousand here and there in the xp chain or affinity, but really that's about it.

4/17/2019 2:24PM PDT

I disagree. Sorry but it is my money I spend, so I have the right to use it however I feel like. Sds is not anywhere near trust worthy enough to control the market prices. It's funny how elite players that are good enough to consistently win 12 games love the market and dont have to spend extra money while the rest of us have to continually go into our pocket to field a competitive team. I'm sure that was the point.

Comment by KeepTheChief57

I have no clue what you're talking about when forming a competitive team. You do not need to dig into your pockets to build a good team. I saved stubs and bought players with the stubs I saved. I completed the 3 team collections and have a fair amount of diamonds. Just got to find ways to build your stubs and be patient doing so.

4/17/2019 2:25PM PDT

Lay off the pipe, this year it’s raining diamonds 

4/17/2019 2:29PM PDT

I agree in general(aside from the market average nonsense), but I'll be curious how it plays out with WS rewards, BR flawless rewards, etc. Everyone will have plenty of stubs, what reason is there to sell your card? Those types of rewards I think will be incredibly expensive when the time comes.

Comment by kkonicke
4/17/2019 2:13PM PDT

Been saying this for a while now, but too many are happy taking the crumbs. With the market essentially dead, you'll be forced to pay out cash to get these elite cards that are coming down the road, unless you're elite or really good.

LS may be cheap, and will get cheaper yet, but those cards are going to be really expensive.

4/17/2019 2:30PM PDT

This year’s auction house is great. It’s wonderful being able to spend more time playing and less time working the market.  The people complaining are the same people that drove the card prices up every year. Now all cards are affordable. It’s wonderful. A lot of new legends this year, so there will be more cards than years past on there too. One part of the game this guy thinks they did right. Last year completing for Vlad was insane and took too much time away from me getting better. This year I will have Mays at some point and it’s not such a time sink.  So flipping is harder, so what. It’s still possible, the gains just aren’t as big. And now people can’t drive the market up so much. It’s literally perfect. 

Comment by allmustfall16
4/17/2019 2:07PM PDT

Disagree . I depend on putting in time flipping to pick up stubs,  since going 12-0 and making WS is not a realistic way for me to get Mattingly and Big Train Johnson. 

I dont know where people get that its affordable or whatever. If you're not spending real money and you have awful pack luck its probably worse since there's very little way to earn stubs in game. Sure you get a few thousand here and there in the xp chain or affinity, but really that's about it.

Comment by maskedgrappler

You can literally have a full team of high diamond just by playing the game for a couple months through the XP path and the innings programs without spending one penny. if you cannot be patient then yes you have to do a lot of flipping or get pack luck or spend real money but if you just play the game and slowly acquire a new diamond every several days you will have a great team in no time. The problem with this generation is they need immediate satisfaction.  Not to mention most of the rewards are sellable so if you cannot come up with a couple hundred thousand stubs by now then you are doing something seriously wrong.

4/17/2019 2:31PM PDT

Been saying this for a while now, but too many are happy taking the crumbs. With the market essentially dead, you'll be forced to pay out cash to get these elite cards that are coming down the road, unless you're elite or really good.

LS may be cheap, and will get cheaper yet, but those cards are going to be really expensive.

Comment by dcmo3

Mattingly is a huge name that people have been waiting for and his card is good. It’s 40k. I disagree. I don’t think we will see the days of 3-500k cards anymore. I think they will top out at the 200-250k range and I honestly think it will be closer to 200k. And that will be the Sig cards. There will be a lot of Sig cards this year. Not just a handful of immortals. *** you get a bunch of them just from playing. 

4/17/2019 2:32PM PDT

In 2016 Mike Trout was the most expensive LS card, and he was under 100k all year. Only the 20 win BR rewards were more. This is wonderful. No digital player should cost 300+ dollars, that's ridiculous. 

4/17/2019 2:36PM PDT

You can literally have a full team of high diamond just by playing the game for a couple months through the XP path and the innings programs without spending one penny. if you cannot be patient then yes you have to do a lot of flipping or get pack luck or spend real money but if you just play the game and slowly acquire a new diamond every several days you will have a great team in no time. The problem with this generation is they need immediate satisfaction.  Not to mention most of the rewards are sellable so if you cannot come up with a couple hundred thousand stubs by now then you are doing something seriously wrong.

Comment by DarthKDog09
4/17/2019 2:31PM PDT

I'm specifically talking about live series collections. I'm not losing a bunch of sleep over it or anything. But honestly, I spent the 30 or 40 thousand stubs I had at launch onnoacks and pulled nothing worth mentioning, one gold I think. Whatever I've got from xp or programs I've sunk into affinity exchanges, I currently have 4000 stubs to work with and three diamond players in my lineup. I suppose i could sell everything but that would still only get me 100,000 stubs or so.

Again, I'm not losing sleep, I'll have a decent team eventually, I'm just not sure where people think all this money to buy collections is going to come from if you aren't pulling any diamonds from packs. Personally I know the collection rewards aren't something I'll ever be able to use, I'm alright with that, but it's real.

4/17/2019 2:44PM PDT

I'm specifically talking about live series collections. I'm not losing a bunch of sleep over it or anything. But honestly, I spent the 30 or 40 thousand stubs I had at launch onnoacks and pulled nothing worth mentioning, one gold I think. Whatever I've got from xp or programs I've sunk into affinity exchanges, I currently have 4000 stubs to work with and three diamond players in my lineup. I suppose i could sell everything but that would still only get me 100,000 stubs or so.

Again, I'm not losing sleep, I'll have a decent team eventually, I'm just not sure where people think all this money to buy collections is going to come from if you aren't pulling any diamonds from packs. Personally I know the collection rewards aren't something I'll ever be able to use, I'm alright with that, but it's real.

4/17/2019 2:44PM PDT

I think those team affinity cards are underwhelming and not worth exchanging all those cards for unless you can literally do it super cheap. None of those cards will be in your lineup in 2 months.your pack luck sucks but eventually it will come around the more packs you buy if you decide to do that. You could complete the American league Central for under a hundred thousand stubs and have six or seven really good cards that can last you several months

4/17/2019 2:47PM PDT

I mean, I'm fine, it was just an observation. I keep hearing how easy it is to complete team collections and I'm just seeing a bit of a disconnect. That's all. 

4/17/2019 2:50PM PDT

I have no clue what you're talking about when forming a competitive team. You do not need to dig into your pockets to build a good team. I saved stubs and bought players with the stubs I saved. I completed the 3 team collections and have a fair amount of diamonds. Just got to find ways to build your stubs and be patient doing so.

Comment by Meteam22
4/17/2019 2:25PM PDT

Maybe we're just on different playing levels. The teams I'm playing are full of diamonds and have guys like hornsby already so a couple crappy diamonds isn't really gonna help. When real money is envolved nothing should be controlled. I've completed about 10 teams and have 30 of each. The rewards for most team collections are very underwhelming. I do enjoy my boy lofton though. 

4/17/2019 3:20PM PDT

Conquest is they way to build up your team this year. I am almost done my 2nd play through for the 10 pack, my first pack I pulled Simmions and a couple good golds, sunk the after game rewards into affinity. 

I spent a bit of money and got some pack luck and pulled Altuve in a single pack then JD and Jansen in a 20 pack.

4/17/2019 3:24PM PDT

Conquest is they way to build up your team this year. I am almost done my 2nd play through for the 10 pack, my first pack I pulled Simmions and a couple good golds, sunk the after game rewards into affinity. 

I spent a bit of money and got some pack luck and pulled Altuve in a single pack then JD and Jansen in a 20 pack.

Comment by CDNMoneyMaker93
4/17/2019 3:24PM PDT

That's my problem. I've bought all 9 headliner packs and probably another 100 regular packs plus my 30 for digi deluxe and pulled nodda. Lol

4/17/2019 3:28PM PDT

I think OP's point is that he's happy you don't have to spend as much time playing the market as you do playing the game in order to get decent cards.  It was ridiculous that you had to spend 400,000 stubs to get Mike Trout last year.  I'd have to spend like $300 in real money if I wanted Trout last year.  The guys who flip and drove up the market made the game less enjoyable for the rest of us because we couldn't get a variety of cards.  This year, it's much better.  

4/17/2019 3:29PM PDT

Mattingly is a huge name that people have been waiting for and his card is good. It’s 40k. I disagree. I don’t think we will see the days of 3-500k cards anymore. I think they will top out at the 200-250k range and I honestly think it will be closer to 200k. And that will be the Sig cards. There will be a lot of Sig cards this year. Not just a handful of immortals. *** you get a bunch of them just from playing. 

Comment by allmustfall16
4/17/2019 2:32PM PDT

What do you think Kershaw or Sandberg would have went for last year, if they had been sellable. You can't pull these cards, and they are going to be in high demand. If you think you're going to get a 99 Griffey for 250k, then I want some of what you're smoking.

4/17/2019 3:33PM PDT

Yes, margins have been tight but packs have been generous.

Comment by jdylan09
4/17/2019 2:12PM PDT

I’m gonna agree so far on the packs. I have gotten a couple diamonds already from free packs. I can’t believe it, I don’t think I got any in 17 and definitely not any last year. 

4/17/2019 3:35PM PDT

That's my problem. I've bought all 9 headliner packs and probably another 100 regular packs plus my 30 for digi deluxe and pulled nodda. Lol

4/17/2019 3:28PM PDT

I have had no luck with the headlines packs, bought 7 so far and maybe 1 gold. I will likely always buy 1 from each set just for the rush if I come up empty so be it. I just want that moment I pull a headliner or in those crazy cases 2 diamonds 

4/17/2019 3:35PM PDT

Maybe we're just on different playing levels. The teams I'm playing are full of diamonds and have guys like hornsby already so a couple crappy diamonds isn't really gonna help. When real money is envolved nothing should be controlled. I've completed about 10 teams and have 30 of each. The rewards for most team collections are very underwhelming. I do enjoy my boy lofton though. 

4/17/2019 3:20PM PDT

Skill still needs to be involved. There are plenty of people that buy their team and still suck at the game.  I’ve beaten players with better teams and I have been beaten by players with worse teams. You can say it’s different levels, but really it can be different skill set. I’m not saying you’re a bad player, I’m just saying that skill has to be involved no matter how much you spend.

4/17/2019 4:05PM PDT