You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I am getting quite frustrated that we are not allowed to sell or buy at whatever price the market will bear. I had a card that none were for sale and the offers were over 1k and the most it would let me put it up for was 1199 ... that is bad programming. Fix the market please. This is not a dictatorship 

4/17/2019 12:29PM PDT

Actually.....it is a dictatorship......lol!

4/17/2019 12:40PM PDT

What I really want to know and haven't been able to figure out yet is what is the actual percentage difference ceiling. Hoping Chuck the analytics guru chimes in on this one...

4/17/2019 12:49PM PDT

@Chuck_Dizzle29 chime in on this bro

4/17/2019 12:59PM PDT

What I really want to know and haven't been able to figure out yet is what is the actual percentage difference ceiling. Hoping Chuck the analytics guru chimes in on this one...

Comment by jreypr
4/17/2019 12:49PM PDT

What do you want to know?  I've got a database with nearly daily pulls of pricing for all cards. 

I didn't think it was a percentage, I thought it was based off historical sales. 

4/17/2019 1:11PM PDT

What do you want to know?  I've got a database with nearly daily pulls of pricing for all cards. 

I didn't think it was a percentage, I thought it was based off historical sales. 

Comment by cardinalsfanokc

I'm thinking its a percentage window because you can sell as low as quick sell value (or the highest buy now order if there is one) but you can't go as high as you want. It seems you can only go as high as a certain percentage over the highest "buy now' price. 

4/17/2019 1:19PM PDT

I find it incredibly obnoxious that SDS hasn't addressed this yet. They throw out this limitation that nobody understands and don't address it as people complain about it. I can understand the purpose behind it, but they should address it and explain how it works.

4/17/2019 1:45PM PDT

I find it incredibly obnoxious that SDS hasn't addressed this yet. They throw out this limitation that nobody understands and don't address it as people complain about it. I can understand the purpose behind it, but they should address it and explain how it works.

Comment by kkonicke
4/17/2019 1:45PM PDT

Agreed...

4/17/2019 1:48PM PDT

So there are currently as I post no Tony Perez cards for sale from the last event. An offer to buy at almost 3000. I'm not going to sell for that but I can't even list him at 8000. I should be able to list him for what I want as he is no longer available. The market average along with The new market imposed floor has killed the game within a game for me. Sorry Reds fans that arrive late and may want this card and my goodness might even pay 20k or more but you won't have the choice.

4/21/2019 5:05AM PDT

Has there been a statement from sds anywhere on this "issue" and/or the mechanism that determines any given asset's market value?

4/21/2019 5:25AM PDT

Comment by cardinalsfanokc

Seems simple but what if the historical sale you want to make is outside this average?

4/21/2019 5:27AM PDT

Seems simple but what if the historical sale you want to make is outside this average?

Comment by Zooropa_Returns
4/21/2019 5:27AM PDT

Look, the market average is in constant movement rising and falling for both sell and buy now orders, depending on current orders. What the period calculates I don't know, but probably no more than a rolling two or three day period. Just yesterday I put up a sell order, took it down about an hour later, and ended up trying to relist for the same price, but it was already out of market average.

Doesn't do you any good to cry about it. Learn to work the market under the constraints its been placed under. Weekends are great for making stubs, and I made 80,000 yesterday. It's a lot of work, spending far more time in the market than playing, but it can be done.

4/21/2019 6:09AM PDT