You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
65 3090 Active 5 months ago

What are you 50 using a melrose place reference? Maybe you are having success, but I find that hard to belive just looking at the post of people struggling...I mean I kinda know a few things about making a profit economics etc owing my own business and all...but hey you continue to think your smarter then everyone and being a giant douche...I will just laugh../

Comment by Crono304
4/17/2019 1:57PM PDT

wah wahhhhh

don't forget how you started here in this one. a gimpish move on your part

4/17/2019 2:40PM PDT

wah wahhhhh

don't forget how you started here in this one. a gimpish move on your part

Comment by TheHungryHole
4/17/2019 2:40PM PDT

How I started my statement was simple felt that the extreme undercutting was hurting the market, let’s look at your statement...you decide to come out smug arrogant and smarter then everyone else..The good thing is at least unlike yourself I do not have to go through lift being a complete and utter tool..:

4/17/2019 5:34PM PDT

I think the low live series cards will keep other cards prices down as well. I’m sure you’ll still see some for 200-300k but no more 500k+ cards like in years past. If trout is going for 140k, who is top tier no matter what, other cards aren’t going to go THAT much higher. I think Trout kind of sets the market for top tier cards. Just my guess though.

4/17/2019 5:58PM PDT

Why would you play Trout, when there will be a significantly better card. You might like Trout, but loyalty only goes so far.

You telling me you'll play Trout over a SS Griffey.

Comment by dcmo3
4/16/2019 9:31PM PDT

I have 99 Mays,  99 Pudge,.99 Hornsby,  99 Big Hurt, and honestly,  I hit better with Trout than I do with all those guys

4/17/2019 6:27PM PDT

I just don’t understand this view that “everyone shouldn’t have elite cards”. Why not, exactly? I’m not this guy, but say Joe Bloggs works 9-5, has a wide and two kids and blah, blah. His average gaming time is maybe 15 - 25 hours a week. Why would he play a game that requires either a time commitment beyond his means or an investment of hundreds of dollars to experience any content beyond a team of Joey Gallo/Gary Sánchez etc for months on end? 

If it’s driving customers away instead of spurring stub sales, it’s not going to work out in the long run for SDS. This year is obviously a trial run, maybe even an apology for last year, they’re throwing top quality content out there for everyone, ensuring prices are reasonable and loading packs with diamonds. They’ve clearly tried to improve gameplay and are still working to take feedback and progress the game. Come the end of the year, if it transpires they’ve lost a significant profit over last year, they’ll likely dial it back for next year.

You also have to understand, however, that SDS do not profit from the stereotypical market grinder who hoards cards for upgrades, one stubs bids and flips cards incessantly. These kind of players will never spend a cent aside from maybe a single purchase at launch in order to provide a start out for market grinding. They’ll more than likely have access to the very best content in the game, completing collections and having a surplus of stubs to buy and try out the end game cards that arrive on the market in due course, cards that most people couldn’t buy with cash if they wanted to, because they’re $400~. It’s not a question of “deserving” the best cards, it’s a question of SDS wasting their time making content for a tiny share of the playerbase, while the rest are put off by it because they feel excluded.

From SDS perspective, it’s senseless. They introduced Vlad last year, but aside from the odd BR run (if you even play it, a lot don’t) most people would never have used him at all. He may as well not have existed to many. This year, if you want Pudge or Mays as a casual player, you have to feel like you have a fair shot at making it by simply playing. You’ll also be playing with all those shiny cards that you were never allowed in previous years. 99 Kershaw, Ichiro, even Giambi are cards some players would have loooked at in years past and dismissed as “unobtainable”, even though they liked that player or card. There’s just no reason to cater solely to players that make it a point to work the market and not spend real money when it comes to high end content.  

Comment by ComebackLogic
4/17/2019 1:02AM PDT

Exactly

4/17/2019 6:30PM PDT

There's at minimum 3 new cards coming out on Friday, probably more like 5 or 6. I'm not making any purchaes until I see the new content and I'm sure there are plenty others in the same boat.

4/17/2019 6:35PM PDT

I think the low live series cards will keep other cards prices down as well. I’m sure you’ll still see some for 200-300k but no more 500k+ cards like in years past. If trout is going for 140k, who is top tier no matter what, other cards aren’t going to go THAT much higher. I think Trout kind of sets the market for top tier cards. Just my guess though.

Comment by KThug09
4/17/2019 5:58PM PDT

Trout is pulled out of packs, packs that are already juiced on top of that. How high did Trout go for last year, and how high did Tiant go. Trout sold for like 400 for a good part of the year, while Tiant sold for 800 or more in the same period.

Prices for elite ws and br rewards are going to be far higher than you think, as the cards are much more rare and better than Trout's.

4/17/2019 6:43PM PDT

Trout is pulled out of packs, packs that are already juiced on top of that. How high did Trout go for last year, and how high did Tiant go. Trout sold for like 400 for a good part of the year, while Tiant sold for 800 or more in the same period.

Prices for elite ws and br rewards are going to be far higher than you think, as the cards are much more rare and better than Trout's.

Comment by dcmo3
4/17/2019 6:43PM PDT

That’s kind of what I’m saying though. The percentages are similar.

Trout in 18: 400k

x2 is 800k = Tiant

Trout in 19: 150k

x2 is 300k

So by those numbers... top tier cards should top out around 300k.

Again.. just a theory.

4/17/2019 8:36PM PDT

I want the old packs back for one reason.  I need inventory lol.  I barely have any silver cards.  Tonight the market was a bit a better but nothing like the sametime the past few years.

4/17/2019 8:43PM PDT

That’s kind of what I’m saying though. The percentages are similar.

Trout in 18: 400k

x2 is 800k = Tiant

Trout in 19: 150k

x2 is 300k

So by those numbers... top tier cards should top out around 300k.

Again.. just a theory.

Comment by KThug09
4/17/2019 8:36PM PDT

You missed part of it though. Packs are juiced this year, and there are far more Trouts on the market. WS & BR rewards should remain fairly consistent though, putting it not as twice the costs but more like four times. I believe it's going to be worse though with the increased pack rates, with Trout getting somewhat cheap. Demand will be high for those other cards however, and those that have them don't have much incentive to sell them, due to the low costs of LS. Cards like Ruth or Griffey could be a million from the time they come out, for most of the rest of the games life cycle.

4/17/2019 8:52PM PDT

You missed part of it though. Packs are juiced this year, and there are far more Trouts on the market. WS & BR rewards should remain fairly consistent though, putting it not as twice the costs but more like four times. I believe it's going to be worse though with the increased pack rates, with Trout getting somewhat cheap. Demand will be high for those other cards however, and those that have them don't have much incentive to sell them, due to the low costs of LS. Cards like Ruth or Griffey could be a million from the time they come out, for most of the rest of the games life cycle.

Comment by dcmo3

I was under the impression that Signature cards were going to be similar to Immortals and that they werent going to be on the market. 

4/17/2019 10:10PM PDT

Well there is an attribute update Friday, it always slows down then fires up after updates

4/17/2019 10:26PM PDT

Comment by dcmo3

Good points made. Thanks for having a civil discussion. I’m curious to see how things pan out.

4/18/2019 2:14PM PDT

i made around 30-40K stubs today flipping - figured it would be relevant with the subject header and all

4/18/2019 3:02PM PDT