You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
65 3091 Active 5 months ago

The market is great. 

4/17/2019 3:43AM PDT

still think a factor in price drop is the "average" price restriction in listing cards, where you have to essentially drop your listing price to the average and not being able to up the prices.  Makes flipping a fast requirement.  If you wait a day after a card is bought, your potential 500-1000 stub profit turns into a negative number in a hurry.

4/17/2019 4:01AM PDT

There’s a card going for around 120-160. Sell orders for 60 or above. Then someone puts 50 bids on the item for 80 stubs?? That item takes forever to recover. Crazy?!?!

4/17/2019 4:05AM PDT

I just got Trout for 137555 lol.  Who woulda thunk it.

Comment by ChuckCLC
4/16/2019 10:28PM PDT

I would and did, for one. In a month or less, you'll know that you way overpaid for him.

SDS has thrown everyone a bone, and people are eating it up. That satisfaction is going to change though when the truly elite cards start arriving as WS & BR rewards. If SDS is truly flooding the market with cards, then the market is dead so far as a source of making stubs. Unless you can go 12-0 or go WS, you'll have to spend real cash to get these players.

I was completing minor LS collections and am only Arenado away from getting Nenn, but I'm done paying these prices for LS that will ultimately turn out to be way high. I'll just get the rewards from xp rewards to build my team, and put every stub aside that I might get a shot at some of these elite reward cards and snap up the LS when they're almost giving them away.

4/17/2019 4:13AM PDT

Because its getting boring already? 

4/17/2019 4:17AM PDT

Honestly I think the fact they nerfed all live series cards and the collection rewards last year has just made them less valuable. When completing the Nats collection got you that godly Andre Dawson card, of course Nats players were expensive, same for Mets with David Wright. Now you get cards that are worse than the cards you have to lock in and the cards you have to lock in are all seriously under powered because they wanted to artificially inflate the quality of flashbacks.

Just look at immortal Tony Gwynn. Sorry, Signature Series Tony Gwynn, definitely not an immortal as they got rid of them. The guy has more power than Live Series Lindor, despite being a single digit homerun hitter most of his career. (particularly the span of his career when he was fast like his card) Why would anyone pay big money for Lindor when he's so underwhelming?

4/17/2019 5:05AM PDT

The lack of stat grinds also plays into this. There is really no reason to keep tons of cards, including most rookie, veteran, and AS.  So people just ditch them and flood the market.  I feel like specialty cards used to always be worth something, now there is no point.

4/17/2019 5:33AM PDT

Cards are on sale?  Oh the humanity!!

4/17/2019 5:58AM PDT

The lack of stat grinds also plays into this. There is really no reason to keep tons of cards, including most rookie, veteran, and AS.  So people just ditch them and flood the market.  I feel like specialty cards used to always be worth something, now there is no point.

Comment by CRobby22
4/17/2019 5:33AM PDT

Events, legends and flashback collections and completionists who like to collect every card in the game.

4/17/2019 6:32AM PDT

market is healthy as ever making tons of stubs over here baby

4/17/2019 6:36AM PDT

In the last two years I pulled a total of zero diamonds out of packs...this year I pulled; trout, 2 vottos, 2 degroms, Syndergaard, goldy, Harper, hader, diaz, Stanton, Judge, Chapman, Jansen, 2 philips, and McCann, 

needless to say...that’s a lot of diamonds.  They put way more diamonds in packs. 

4/17/2019 6:41AM PDT

I am enjoying the "new" market this year.  It's still not cheap though.  Trout effectively costs $100 in stubs.  IMO, no card should cost more than that on a videogame with a life span of exactly 1 year.  

4/17/2019 6:54AM PDT

i am enjoying the fact that i amnot being gouged by greedy players. if you truley are upset by the low prices, go to the real world and play with real baseball cards and see how you do.

4/17/2019 7:12AM PDT

Revert order limit back to 20!

4/17/2019 7:18AM PDT

MMGA!

4/17/2019 7:29AM PDT

In the last two years I pulled a total of zero diamonds out of packs...this year I pulled; trout, 2 vottos, 2 degroms, Syndergaard, goldy, Harper, hader, diaz, Stanton, Judge, Chapman, Jansen, 2 philips, and McCann, 

needless to say...that’s a lot of diamonds.  They put way more diamonds in packs. 

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ
4/17/2019 6:41AM PDT

Packs feel the same as17 and 18 to me.  Haven't pulled one diamond.

4/17/2019 8:24AM PDT

Totally agree with Sweedy, the Show is a baseball game first and foremost.  It's not a stock market game.  I love that there is real access to the bests players for all kinds of players.  Heck, in COD or other games, if I put the time in, I'll eventually get all the super cool stuff.  I finally feel like that's the case with this version of the Show. 

4/17/2019 8:44AM PDT

Totally agree with Sweedy, the Show is a baseball game first and foremost.  It's not a stock market game.  I love that there is real access to the bests players for all kinds of players.  Heck, in COD or other games, if I put the time in, I'll eventually get all the super cool stuff.  I finally feel like that's the case with this version of the Show. 

Comment by SILVER-FOX-1138
4/17/2019 8:44AM PDT

But you won't. There are going to be plenty of elite WS & BR rewards that you won't even get to sniff. Unless you're an elite player, with them putting a stake in the market, your only avenue left to acquiring these players is to spend money. They threw the LS at people along with the collection rewards, and a lot of people are happy enough to get the scraps from the table.

Wait until you're looking at Ruth, Griffey, Vlad, as well as others, without the ability to acquire them without spending cash.

4/17/2019 9:52AM PDT

market is healthy as ever making tons of stubs over here baby

Comment by TheHungryHole
4/17/2019 6:36AM PDT

Yeah sure okay buddy!

4/17/2019 1:31PM PDT

There’s a card going for around 120-160. Sell orders for 60 or above. Then someone puts 50 bids on the item for 80 stubs?? That item takes forever to recover. Crazy?!?!

Comment by NapDaddy528
4/17/2019 4:05AM PDT

That is what is driving me crazy! The extreme under cutting to the point ur actually losing stubs..it makes absolutely no sense for anyone to do it unless you are trying to be a giant douche

4/17/2019 1:33PM PDT

That is what is driving me crazy! The extreme under cutting to the point ur actually losing stubs..it makes absolutely no sense for anyone to do it unless you are trying to be a giant douche

Comment by Crono304
4/17/2019 1:33PM PDT

I think a lot of people have lost stubs over the last few days. So many cards fell over the last few days. You can see tiers where guys are waiting/hoping the price gets back up to a certain point just so they don't lose stubs...and once it does there's like 15 people trying to unload their cards and the price plummets again. I think many prices are artificially held high right now by the flippers...and prices will probably drop pretty quick. I'm so glad I completed collections earlier this week, the market has been tough especially the last week or so.

4/17/2019 1:44PM PDT

Yeah sure okay buddy!

Comment by Crono304
4/17/2019 1:31PM PDT

i don't have to convince you, you are just doing it wrong if you ain't making that paper boo boo

ill sit here flush with my stacked team + stubs in the bank

market is easy no stress tons of flips to make stubs

the less you know the better for me

figure it out yourself, grow a pair and be a man

4/17/2019 1:45PM PDT

i don't have to convince you, you are just doing it wrong if you ain't making that paper boo boo

ill sit here flush with my stacked team + stubs in the bank

market is easy no stress tons of flips to make stubs

the less you know the better for me

figure it out yourself, grow a pair and be a man

Comment by TheHungryHole
4/17/2019 1:45PM PDT

Your so cool dude! 

4/17/2019 1:49PM PDT

Your so cool dude! 

Comment by Crono304
4/17/2019 1:49PM PDT

not trying to be - see my original post - it was short, polite and to the point

you wanted to turn this into melrose place over here you absolute bellend

4/17/2019 1:51PM PDT

What are you 50 using a melrose place reference? Maybe you are having success, but I find that hard to belive just looking at the post of people struggling...I mean I kinda know a few things about making a profit economics etc owing my own business and all...but hey you continue to think your smarter then everyone and being a giant douche...I will just laugh../

4/17/2019 1:57PM PDT