You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
65 3149 Active 7 months ago

The past 2 days on the market have been the worst I have seen this early in the game.  I doing well up to yesterday.  Whats hurting it?  Too many available orders, market average, or sell now price being the basement?  Whats your thoughts?

4/16/2019 8:19PM PDT

I just saw someone do an obvious stub transfer on a flip I was making so the market average didn’t seem to stop that.

4/16/2019 8:23PM PDT

I just saw someone do an obvious stub transfer on a flip I was making so the market average didn’t seem to stop that.

Comment by two7offsuit
4/16/2019 8:23PM PDT

Lol. Thats funny

4/16/2019 8:26PM PDT

Cards have flooded the market plus serious under cutting of card vaule not sure if deliberate...makes no sense to sell cards 100s lower then next closest...I mean what are you trying to accomplish?

4/16/2019 8:48PM PDT

Frankly I think SDS flooded the market. Nothing else really explains what I've seen go on since yesterday. Total bunch of crap.

4/16/2019 8:51PM PDT

Frankly I think SDS flooded the market. Nothing else really explains what I've seen go on since yesterday. Total bunch of crap.

Comment by dcmo3
4/16/2019 8:51PM PDT

What be the point they want everyone to have a Mike Trout Card? They have never done it before but something is wrong..I’m flipping cards for barely 50stubs profit...

4/16/2019 8:55PM PDT

I think its the available orders on top of it being slow and the market being flooded.  I have way too much invested in flips at this point.  I think they gotta cut the available orders down to 20 to 30.  Also i hate to say but get rid of the juiced packs.  I remember looking through my inventory last year and having alot of silvers.  Not the case this year.  Hopefully this will tweak the market and make it bit more balanced.

4/16/2019 9:05PM PDT

What be the point they want everyone to have a Mike Trout Card? They have never done it before but something is wrong..I’m flipping cards for barely 50stubs profit...

Comment by Crono304
4/16/2019 8:55PM PDT

And who is Mike Trout, and how does he figure in the end game. I figure the majority will complete LS, but with the market dead how do we buy the end game cards that will come along. Think about all the RS and BR rewards that will be coming. Those that have them will probably already have LS completed. What's their incentive to sell; what is available to purchase. I think these rewards are going to be very costly, and if you're not good enough to win them, you're going to have to pay if you don't have a market to work.

4/16/2019 9:17PM PDT

I think its the available orders on top of it being slow and the market being flooded.  I have way too much invested in flips at this point.  I think they gotta cut the available orders down to 20 to 30.  Also i hate to say but get rid of the juiced packs.  I remember looking through my inventory last year and having alot of silvers.  Not the case this year.  Hopefully this will tweak the market and make it bit more balanced.

Comment by DEF266
4/16/2019 9:05PM PDT

Yeah, but why now. Prices plummeted, and did so all at once. What was a beautiful pickup for sell, now leaves you looking at thousands in losses.

I haven't incurred any losses yet, as I'm just riding the storm out in hopes the market recovers. There is absolutely no reason some of these cards are selling for so low, as they are really good cards.

4/16/2019 9:23PM PDT

And who is Mike Trout, and how does he figure in the end game. I figure the majority will complete LS, but with the market dead how do we buy the end game cards that will come along. Think about all the RS and BR rewards that will be coming. Those that have them will probably already have LS completed. What's their incentive to sell; what is available to purchase. I think these rewards are going to be very costly, and if you're not good enough to win them, you're going to have to pay if you don't have a market to work.

Comment by dcmo3
4/16/2019 9:17PM PDT

Who is Mike Trout? Only the most popular card in game, people buy him for their squads and use him regardless all yr long....I do not understand your logic there

4/16/2019 9:26PM PDT

Why would you play Trout, when there will be a significantly better card. You might like Trout, but loyalty only goes so far.

You telling me you'll play Trout over a SS Griffey.

4/16/2019 9:31PM PDT

Yeah, but why now. Prices plummeted, and did so all at once. What was a beautiful pickup for sell, now leaves you looking at thousands in losses.

I haven't incurred any losses yet, as I'm just riding the storm out in hopes the market recovers. There is absolutely no reason some of these cards are selling for so low, as they are really good cards.

Comment by dcmo3
4/16/2019 9:23PM PDT

I have no choice but to weather it out at this point.  Thank god i get out of the LS Diamonds though after i buy em.  I would have taken a serious loss.  Still even investing in golds at this point that may go diamond wont be as lucrative as past years do as mentioned earlier due to market being flooded.  They arent going to go for much more than 5k.

4/16/2019 9:31PM PDT

I think it’s a deliberate move by SDS this year, but step back a second and look at the bigger picture for a “moment” (har har). In previous years, there were many very good cards which were accessible to a small minority of the player base. Thinking back to last year alone, we had Ichiro starting out at 750k, Trout at 400k all year, then along came the Finest program, which finally offered viable alternatives to players who had not obtained immortals or were simply bored of them at this stage. 650k for Lindor, 500k for JD Martinez and Mookie Betts. 

Now, these were cards that were only ever for a select few. The rich who could afford to pay for them with cash, the market grinders who brought a baseball game to play stock market simulator 2018, spending hours on the market, fixing prices high and constantly one stubbing everyone so regular players couldn’t buy and sell casually, or the fortunate few who got lucky with a pack. This left the vast majority of players, myself included, to say oh well, screw it, that cards just not for me. No point making any effort to obtain it, despite the fact I play thousands of hours a year. I mean the 650k for Finest Lindor represents over $400 in stub value. That’s ridiculous. What’s the point making some really fine content for the game, if most players are never going to experience what it’s like to use it? 

This year - Thankfully! - SDS have seen the sense in this view and decided to make the majority of quality content, which is the most enjoyable part of the game, after all, obtaining and using the best cards, available to all players. So what if everyone has Trout, or collects the MLB for Willie Mays? Why would SDS keep making great cards that nobody ever gets to use because they’re simply too expensive, too time consuming or too difficult (unsellable WS rewards like Immortal Sandburg and Kershaw last year, for example) the average Joe to ever obtain? 

Make no mistake, I’m not really included in the majority of that, although I certainly don’t keep 700000 stubs lying around in case they release a nice Mookie I want to spend $500 on, I grind out events, usually reach WS and complete all missions and grinds in a timely fashion, I can totally see why SDS have taken the direction they have this year and I’m personally not against it at all. If the best cards are available to all, skill should be the deciding factor in the majority of games. That’s not a bad thing.

4/16/2019 9:45PM PDT

I think it’s a deliberate move by SDS this year, but step back a second and look at the bigger picture for a “moment” (har har). In previous years, there were many very good cards which were accessible to a small minority of the player base. Thinking back to last year alone, we had Ichiro starting out at 750k, Trout at 400k all year, then along came the Finest program, which finally offered viable alternatives to players who had not obtained immortals or were simply bored of them at this stage. 650k for Lindor, 500k for JD Martinez and Mookie Betts. 

Now, these were cards that were only ever for a select few. The rich who could afford to pay for them with cash, the market grinders who brought a baseball game to play stock market simulator 2018, spending hours on the market, fixing prices high and constantly one stubbing everyone so regular players couldn’t buy and sell casually, or the fortunate few who got lucky with a pack. This left the vast majority of players, myself included, to say oh well, screw it, that cards just not for me. No point making any effort to obtain it, despite the fact I play thousands of hours a year. I mean the 650k for Finest Lindor represents over $400 in stub value. That’s ridiculous. What’s the point making some really fine content for the game, if most players are never going to experience what it’s like to use it? 

This year - Thankfully! - SDS have seen the sense in this view and decided to make the majority of quality content, which is the most enjoyable part of the game, after all, obtaining and using the best cards, available to all players. So what if everyone has Trout, or collects the MLB for Willie Mays? Why would SDS keep making great cards that nobody ever gets to use because they’re simply too expensive, too time consuming or too difficult (unsellable WS rewards like Immortal Sandburg and Kershaw last year, for example) the average Joe to ever obtain? 

Make no mistake, I’m not really included in the majority of that, although I certainly don’t keep 700000 stubs lying around in case they release a nice Mookie I want to spend $500 on, I grind out events, usually reach WS and complete all missions and grinds in a timely fashion, I can totally see why SDS have taken the direction they have this year and I’m personally not against it at all. If the best cards are available to all, skill should be the deciding factor in the majority of games. That’s not a bad thing.

Comment by ComebackLogic

I don’t agree everyone should have access to elite cards either earn through grinding playing the game no issue you get lucky in a pack congrats, but other then that you need to pony up...like o said earn it or pay what the market has always been about...coming from a regular player who has earned all my diamonds I allowed myself one 100 stub purchase a year to start then work the market and grind for everything else

4/16/2019 10:01PM PDT

Comment by ComebackLogic

I hear where your coming from and you have a valid point.  Playing the market for me though is something i enjoy when i dont have access to game.  Also i like to have a bank roll to buy cards down the line.  I totally agree with what you said about last year about the Finest cards. 1 thing they did right this year is made alot of diamonds available for free.  I enjoy the events and wish there was less down time between them.   

4/16/2019 10:01PM PDT

I just got Trout for 137555 lol.  Who woulda thunk it.

4/16/2019 10:28PM PDT

I just got Trout for 137555 lol.  Who woulda thunk it.

Comment by ChuckCLC
4/16/2019 10:28PM PDT

Lol according to Dcmo3 who wants him? 

4/16/2019 10:30PM PDT

Comment by Crono304

Ill take him for that price.  Also gets me Percival and Vida Blue.

4/16/2019 10:59PM PDT

Ill take him for that price.  Also gets me Percival and Vida Blue.

Comment by ChuckCLC
4/16/2019 10:59PM PDT

I would too...the point is he shouldn’t be at that price.....

4/16/2019 11:11PM PDT

I think it is just the amount of crazy good cards already out there.  The only LS cards that are up are commons. bronzes and silvers.  They are pretty sky high right now.

4/16/2019 11:15PM PDT

I just don’t understand this view that “everyone shouldn’t have elite cards”. Why not, exactly? I’m not this guy, but say Joe Bloggs works 9-5, has a wide and two kids and blah, blah. His average gaming time is maybe 15 - 25 hours a week. Why would he play a game that requires either a time commitment beyond his means or an investment of hundreds of dollars to experience any content beyond a team of Joey Gallo/Gary Sánchez etc for months on end? 

If it’s driving customers away instead of spurring stub sales, it’s not going to work out in the long run for SDS. This year is obviously a trial run, maybe even an apology for last year, they’re throwing top quality content out there for everyone, ensuring prices are reasonable and loading packs with diamonds. They’ve clearly tried to improve gameplay and are still working to take feedback and progress the game. Come the end of the year, if it transpires they’ve lost a significant profit over last year, they’ll likely dial it back for next year.

You also have to understand, however, that SDS do not profit from the stereotypical market grinder who hoards cards for upgrades, one stubs bids and flips cards incessantly. These kind of players will never spend a cent aside from maybe a single purchase at launch in order to provide a start out for market grinding. They’ll more than likely have access to the very best content in the game, completing collections and having a surplus of stubs to buy and try out the end game cards that arrive on the market in due course, cards that most people couldn’t buy with cash if they wanted to, because they’re $400~. It’s not a question of “deserving” the best cards, it’s a question of SDS wasting their time making content for a tiny share of the playerbase, while the rest are put off by it because they feel excluded.

From SDS perspective, it’s senseless. They introduced Vlad last year, but aside from the odd BR run (if you even play it, a lot don’t) most people would never have used him at all. He may as well not have existed to many. This year, if you want Pudge or Mays as a casual player, you have to feel like you have a fair shot at making it by simply playing. You’ll also be playing with all those shiny cards that you were never allowed in previous years. 99 Kershaw, Ichiro, even Giambi are cards some players would have loooked at in years past and dismissed as “unobtainable”, even though they liked that player or card. There’s just no reason to cater solely to players that make it a point to work the market and not spend real money when it comes to high end content.  

4/17/2019 1:02AM PDT

Game is dead. Only 6 people on fleet. 

4/17/2019 2:10AM PDT

Game is dead. Only 6 people on fleet. 

Comment by LAbleed35blueLA
4/17/2019 2:10AM PDT

Come on now this isn’t fallout 76....

4/17/2019 2:26AM PDT

Comment by Crono304

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or is this just going over your head. If I had Trout now, obviously he would start, but I don't think short term but rather long term.

Trout is nothing but a stepping stone to get to Ivan and Mays, and there will be better outfielders yet. Trout is fine for now, but he is not end game material unless you don't care about fielding the best available cards.

4/17/2019 3:24AM PDT

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or is this just going over your head. If I had Trout now, obviously he would start, but I don't think short term but rather long term.

Trout is nothing but a stepping stone to get to Ivan and Mays, and there will be better outfielders yet. Trout is fine for now, but he is not end game material unless you don't care about fielding the best available cards.

Comment by dcmo3
4/17/2019 3:24AM PDT

Endgame? What the heck are you talking about? There is no “endgame” in a sports game meant to played over and over! Everyone sets there teams differently use their favorite players etc. sometime get bored will use an all silver team not about always having the best cards! Im a cubs fan will have Sandberg and Wood on my team all year round regardless if they are the best cards...”long term” on a yearly sports game just enjoy the game bro stop overthinking it...point is market should be reflective better players harder to earn should not be accessible to all so easily and cheaply some people enjoy playing the market

4/17/2019 3:34AM PDT