You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I thought this was supposed to be fixed this year?

Maybe they can’t figure out how to do that while maintaining the timing of everything on defense. 

When you think about it, so much as going on in the field that it must be hard to sync up all fielder and base runner movements. 

4/16/2019 7:28AM PDT

So it was towards the line, which is similar to what I have seen.  Did the ball make it to the outfield wall or bounce off the side wall in foul territory?  If the ball was to the right of the LF I don't think it's unreasonable to see him jog to the ball.  While Acuna is fast, 88 speed I believe, he also only has like 58 arm strength which is below average.

Obviously it's hard for me to really tell since I don't have the video of what happened to watch.  Like I said though, it's pretty common to see corner OF's jogging to balls down the line, unless it is a really slow runner or the ball isn't hit hard enough that he has to worry about it getting to a wall.

Comment by Chuck_Dizzle29
4/16/2019 9:12AM PDT

He wasn’t close to the wall.  He just kind of went into the bullpen pitcher jog when he was going after the ball. 

4/16/2019 11:46AM PDT
See original thread.