You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I thought this was supposed to be fixed this year?

Maybe they can’t figure out how to do that while maintaining the timing of everything on defense. 

When you think about it, so much as going on in the field that it must be hard to sync up all fielder and base runner movements. 

4/16/2019 7:28AM PDT

Fielding is broken this year

4/16/2019 7:34AM PDT

I’ve had this happen to me twice so far. It’s annoying, but at least when you consider the huge sample size of games I’ve played it doesn’t occur too often. Both times the ball landed past my outfielder and then he just casually strolled to the ball with no sense of urgency. One turned into a triple for a guy with like 40-50 speed.

4/16/2019 7:48AM PDT

i said this day 1 everyone called me crazy and a dummy

the outfield is a major issue

swaggyd4803 said "major" and laughed

well, yeah its a freaking major issue....................

4/16/2019 8:06AM PDT

Last year this was a problem that occurred at any random moment and was annoying.  This year I've only seen it on balls down the line, which I understand to a point.  While I may want to hold a runner to a single every time, the majority of those hits do end up for 2B's IRL.  It's pretty common to see a LF or RF jogging to the ball getting into a good position to play the ball off the wall to keep it from getting past him.  Super slow runners can be held to singles, but average and above runners stretch those like they should.

If I see it in on balls in the gaps I am not going to be happy, but like I said earlier I haven't seen it occur in that situation to date.

4/16/2019 8:31AM PDT

Last year this was a problem that occurred at any random moment and was annoying.  This year I've only seen it on balls down the line, which I understand to a point.  While I may want to hold a runner to a single every time, the majority of those hits do end up for 2B's IRL.  It's pretty common to see a LF or RF jogging to the ball getting into a good position to play the ball off the wall to keep it from getting past him.  Super slow runners can be held to singles, but average and above runners stretch those like they should.

If I see it in on balls in the gaps I am not going to be happy, but like I said earlier I haven't seen it occur in that situation to date.

Comment by Chuck_Dizzle29
4/16/2019 8:31AM PDT

I’ve experienced it as a single to the right of my left fielder with a runner on first.  He ended up getting 2nd and 3rd.  It really should have been 1st and 2nd.  The left fielder was Acuna.  

4/16/2019 8:49AM PDT

Outfielders jog to balls down the line or start to slow up so they don't crash into the wall. You may think every player runs high speed into the wall because those are the only highlights you see, but for the most part outfielders will start stutter stepping in order to slow up towards the wall without bobbing their heads. This is a non-issue

4/16/2019 9:00AM PDT

Most of the jogging I've seen has been on balls in front of them that they won't catch by running. However, because they do not run until the ball lands, the play that should be a single turns into a double.

4/16/2019 9:08AM PDT

I’ve experienced it as a single to the right of my left fielder with a runner on first.  He ended up getting 2nd and 3rd.  It really should have been 1st and 2nd.  The left fielder was Acuna.  

Comment by soreal35
4/16/2019 8:49AM PDT

So it was towards the line, which is similar to what I have seen.  Did the ball make it to the outfield wall or bounce off the side wall in foul territory?  If the ball was to the right of the LF I don't think it's unreasonable to see him jog to the ball.  While Acuna is fast, 88 speed I believe, he also only has like 58 arm strength which is below average.

Obviously it's hard for me to really tell since I don't have the video of what happened to watch.  Like I said though, it's pretty common to see corner OF's jogging to balls down the line, unless it is a really slow runner or the ball isn't hit hard enough that he has to worry about it getting to a wall.

4/16/2019 9:12AM PDT

So it was towards the line, which is similar to what I have seen.  Did the ball make it to the outfield wall or bounce off the side wall in foul territory?  If the ball was to the right of the LF I don't think it's unreasonable to see him jog to the ball.  While Acuna is fast, 88 speed I believe, he also only has like 58 arm strength which is below average.

Obviously it's hard for me to really tell since I don't have the video of what happened to watch.  Like I said though, it's pretty common to see corner OF's jogging to balls down the line, unless it is a really slow runner or the ball isn't hit hard enough that he has to worry about it getting to a wall.

Comment by Chuck_Dizzle29
4/16/2019 9:12AM PDT

He wasn’t close to the wall.  He just kind of went into the bullpen pitcher jog when he was going after the ball. 

4/16/2019 11:46AM PDT