You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I have not been having fun with moments what so ever, I really liked position programs from last year. Yes I feel like that there wasn't enough content but it was just a sense of fun while you were trying to complete the programs. The only one I really didn't like was Future star Tyler O'Neil that one really got me angry. I wonder if they could put them a hand full of position programs in the game this year. 

4/15/2019 4:12PM PDT

I miss working on individual player programs too. They could have just added a bunch of them into the game, similar to Immortals from last year, but did the grind a different way. 

The cards from XP and all are great, but it’s kinda nice to pick a player you want and work on his program. 

4/15/2019 5:02PM PDT

How did you not like FS O’neill?  He was better than Brett.

4/15/2019 5:03PM PDT

Position Programs sucked. Please never bring back rookie grinds. 

4/15/2019 5:05PM PDT

Please never bring these back, don’t reward people for mindlessly grinding on rookie 

4/15/2019 5:06PM PDT

Please never bring these back, don’t reward people for mindlessly grinding on rookie 

Comment by skepple15

Yeah, this game should take away all freedom of choice. In fact, they should pick a handful of players to dictate how everyone else will play. 

4/15/2019 5:14PM PDT

Comment by Nash_Bandicoot19

What made you do them on Rookie? Ummm........yeah, nothing did. You chose it, right? But go ahead and complain about what YOU chose to do. 

4/15/2019 5:18PM PDT

Comment by skepple15

Yeah, this game should take away all freedom of choice. In fact, they should pick a handful of players to dictate how everyone else will play. 

Comment by chuckers_09

Sorry that moments are too hard for you my guy, I hope they bring back mindless rookie grinding for you.

4/15/2019 6:07PM PDT

Why is it when people complain about Moments, everyone says just don't do them.  But when someone brings up the Programs from last year the complainers from last year say don't bring them back.

That logic makes no sense to me..

4/15/2019 6:10PM PDT

I had a lot of fun with the program grinds and I also enjoy moments. Why can’t we have both?

4/15/2019 6:14PM PDT

Comment by skepple15

Comment by chuckers_09

Sorry that moments are too hard for you my guy, I hope they bring back mindless rookie grinding for you.

Comment by skepple15

Mind showing me where I said anything about Moments....homie. 

Some of y’all just like to make stuff up, or make assumptions. Not a good quality to have, might come back to get you. 

4/15/2019 6:52PM PDT

Why is it when people complain about Moments, everyone says just don't do them.  But when someone brings up the Programs from last year the complainers from last year say don't bring them back.

That logic makes no sense to me..

Comment by Precisionist99
4/15/2019 6:10PM PDT

Because the arrogant pieces of *** that play this game think that unless you make it to World Series then your opinion means nothing even though you paid the same amount for the game as they did

4/15/2019 7:22PM PDT

Remember when we were so happy that SDS added multiple lineups and the in-game mission tracker because they would make dealing with missions so much better? Good times.

4/15/2019 7:45PM PDT

Baby come back

4/15/2019 8:08PM PDT

Ah yes, the fun of having Brock Holt and Sean Rodriguez in your lineup.... 🙄

4/15/2019 8:11PM PDT

Comment by skepple15

Comment by chuckers_09

Comment by skepple15

You’d rather mindlessly grind for moments? Or hoping that a man is on base on rbi moments? It’s worse ( and I did all the moments) I’m not getting into the bs of moments, but why not have more options for team affinity? Last year was fine with the exception of the huge numbers needed for some players, or the 200 inning pitches per team. All that to say, moments is just as much of a grind as last year, even if you think you are good , it is  annoying.

4/15/2019 8:27PM PDT

Dynnk  I just thought the Fs tyler O'Neil grind was a little much, but hey I got through it and when I got him he was on my sqaud  for the rest of the year into the off season. When they added the Stat tracker I thought that there were still gonna be the position programs in the game but just with newer cards. But it's good not really mad about it, just getting tired of moments where you have to get a certain thing done but it feels impossible to get done. Such as the Rhys Hopkins  moment where you have to hit 1 HR but feels like the CPU isn't gonna give even the smallest chance. I have tried to do this mission 15 times and I have been walked 8 times and HBP 4 times. So I have to hit restart, restart, restart, and restart  Oh and I haven't gotten it done yet. I am just giving up for a while. 

4/15/2019 8:34PM PDT

Comment by chuckers_09

Comment by skepple15

You’d rather mindlessly grind for moments? Or hoping that a man is on base on rbi moments? It’s worse ( and I did all the moments) I’m not getting into the bs of moments, but why not have more options for team affinity? Last year was fine with the exception of the huge numbers needed for some players, or the 200 inning pitches per team. All that to say, moments is just as much of a grind as last year, even if you think you are good , it is  annoying.

Comment by Crimson_Monk

Oh, how I would love a better option for getting team affinity by playing DD. Right now there's only mindlessly grinding innings, mindlessly buying and exchanging cards, or playing a different game mode entirely.

4/15/2019 8:38PM PDT

Comment by Nash_Bandicoot19

What made you do them on Rookie? Ummm........yeah, nothing did. You chose it, right? But go ahead and complain about what YOU chose to do. 

Comment by chuckers_09
4/15/2019 5:18PM PDT

Dumb response from you.

They forced you to play offline which is a waste of time. Which means the only option is to get it done as quickly as possible was to play on rookie. 

And don’t try to say you could do them online. Unless you want to be at a disadvantage every game.

4/15/2019 8:43PM PDT

It’s tough. On the one hand I really do appreciate what moments do. You get to use certain cards and do the grind with those players along with a little narrative. I don’t think moments are any more rigged than online games - that is to say, not at all.

On the other hand, if I don’t feel like doing moments I don’t really have anything to work towards. I’ve made World Series but I’m not amazing enough to get any higher, so RS isn’t an option, and I suck at BR. That leaves conquest, which I’ve completed already. In effect, I have nothing except moments, which I have no incentive to do as of now except for the story.

What makes it so difficult is just how precise you have to be with the difficulty of the grind if you reintroduce position player programs. Make the grind too hard and you end up with career arcs and immortals, or else people will feel it isn’t worth it. Make the grind too easy and you practically defeat the whole purpose of a grind, and there’s little sense of accomplishment when getting your reward, as everybody else can get it just as easily.

MTO could have been the solution to this, but instead you can also get the rewards by exchanging players, which is a lot less time consuming. 

4/15/2019 10:45PM PDT

Comment by chuckers_09

Comment by skepple15

Comment by Crimson_Monk

Yes I would because moments at least are different not just play a 9 inning game vs the CPU 

4/16/2019 5:10AM PDT

Comment by skepple15

Yeah, why would you ever want to make Bronze, Silver, and Gold cards available to anyone who wants to work for them. It's so much better to stick those Silver and Gold cards behind Moments that a huge chunk of the player base will never be able to beat.

4/16/2019 5:57AM PDT

I'm hoping stat based missions make a comeback in Inning 2.

4/16/2019 6:17AM PDT