You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

i like challenges, i do.  But come on, the games are so dam boring, and everything feels random AF.  Constant low scorin games because nobody can hit.  HOF difficulty needs a tweak.  Yes it should be harder then Allstar settings, but the gap is way to big imo.  

4/15/2019 2:10PM PDT

Good/goods on Legend aren't being rewarded as much as they should, but in my opinion HOF plays really well. I've had low scoring games, yes. But also a lot of high scoring ones too. The people that can hit are still hitting really well on HOF. The higher divisions are supposed to be hard. The problem isn't HOF being too hard, it's All-star being too easy. 

4/15/2019 2:27PM PDT

Good/goods on Legend aren't being rewarded as much as they should, but in my opinion HOF plays really well. I've had low scoring games, yes. But also a lot of high scoring ones too. The people that can hit are still hitting really well on HOF. The higher divisions are supposed to be hard. The problem isn't HOF being too hard, it's All-star being too easy. 

Comment by thizzlyadams

Completely agree with this. Although I think the HoF pitch speeds are just a touch too fast for the average-above average player but the exit velo stuff that happens up there is the only real issue with HoF 

4/15/2019 2:31PM PDT

Play casual online. You can set it to all star. That’s what I’ve been doing. Games are fun again! 

4/15/2019 2:32PM PDT

Comment by thizzlyadams

Completely agree with this. Although I think the HoF pitch speeds are just a touch too fast for the average-above average player but the exit velo stuff that happens up there is the only real issue with HoF 

Comment by lReversaL-

Maybe HOF isn't for the average player then. Lol

4/15/2019 3:00PM PDT

I think the difficulty/speed should stay as is I can square balls up...but obviously it’s harder and I don’t believe the randomness should be there...it’s hella frustrating to work a great count then get a pitch to hit line it up absolutely perfect and then it’s a warning track line out...over and over again...I mean it’s obvious this needs to change.  It’s terrible. 

4/15/2019 3:03PM PDT

Comment by thizzlyadams

i agree completely

a lot of us are playing friendsly on HOF its much preferred across the board.  AS is just too big of a PCI for our personal taste

4/15/2019 3:06PM PDT

I think the difficulty/speed should stay as is I can square balls up...but obviously it’s harder and I don’t believe the randomness should be there...it’s hella frustrating to work a great count then get a pitch to hit line it up absolutely perfect and then it’s a warning track line out...over and over again...I mean it’s obvious this needs to change.  It’s terrible. 

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ
4/15/2019 3:03PM PDT

Yeah, it is frustrating. But keep squaring up balls and I promise you'll be rewarded over the long haul. There's a reason the leaderboards have the same names every year.

Stop looking at how bad you're getting screwed by the game and start looking more at the things you can improve on. Plate discipline, timing, PCI accuracy, etc. You'll play better when you're focused on the next pitch instead of the previous one. Keep putting yourself in positions to succeed and eventually you will. Or you can keep b!tching every day on the Forums that SDS is personally sticking it to you and that you're the unluckiest best player of all time. The choice is yours. I know which one you're picking though... 

4/15/2019 3:14PM PDT

Comment by thizzlyadams

Comment by lReversaL-

Comment by thizzlyadams

700 isn’t exactly that high up the leaderboards 

4/15/2019 3:40PM PDT

It’s less about the pitch speeds at 700+, but more about how bad the game rewards you. I’ve had so so so so so many squared up balls go absolutely no where. Not a line drive catch, not a warning track shot. I’m talking completely squared up with good timing and the center fielder has to come in the catch it. Good feedback is being rewarded much worse than 18 ever did (at least that I saw). 

Ive played a bunch of casual online on All Star today and it’s night and day. If I square it up, it’s hit hard. We’re scoring 3-6 runs each per game. We’re hitting line drives into the gap. Teams are hitting 1-2 home runs each (I saw zero power in RS after 700). The game is FUN. 

4/15/2019 4:13PM PDT

i like challenges, i do.  But come on, the games are so dam boring, and everything feels random AF.  Constant low scorin games because nobody can hit.  HOF difficulty needs a tweak.  Yes it should be harder then Allstar settings, but the gap is way to big imo.  

Comment by DaBearsfan217
4/15/2019 2:10PM PDT

I notice that every game is either decided in the first or seventh inning. Literally no one hits anything in between those games. I’ve taken 2 no hitters in the last week into the 7th and all of a sudden give up 5 runs. So frustrating. Almost feels scripted. 

Also, since I’ve gotten into CS I notice 99 Gwynn can’t hit anything but weak fly balls and occasional line outs. (On good/good swings)  

hooefully somthing changes. This could be a great game 

4/15/2019 4:18PM PDT

SDS got too cute screwing around with pitch speeds.  Pitch speeds should be the same no matter what difficulty setting BUT and its a big but...the accuracy of the PCI placement and the PCI size should be what changes NOT PITCH SPEEDS.  Changing pitch speeds between difficulties just throws off everyones timing.  It's just stupid.  Tell me what you guys think.  As far as I can remember I think thats the way its always been in previous versions of the show.  Thats the right way to separate difficulty levels not by changing pitch speeds imo.  

4/15/2019 4:22PM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ
4/15/2019 6:03PM EDT

Yeah, it is frustrating. But keep squaring up balls and I promise you'll be rewarded over the long haul. There's a reason the leaderboards have the same names every year.

Stop looking at how bad you're getting screwed by the game and start looking more at the things you can improve on. Plate discipline, timing, PCI accuracy, etc. You'll play better when you're focused on the next pitch instead of the previous one. Keep putting yourself in positions to succeed and eventually you will. Or you can keep b!tching every day on the Forums that SDS is personally sticking it to you and that you're the unluckiest best player of all time. The choice is yours. I know which one you're picking though... 

Comment by thizzlyadams
4/15/2019 6:14PM EDT

This is pretty spot on. I’ve adjusted my hitting approach to stop trying to take my pci to everything and try to get in sync with the pitcher. I think the purpose of HoF being difficult was to avoid super computer type hitters to be able to square up every ball for a bomb all over the strike zone. The results have gotten so much better now. I’d definitely say though it’s still difficult to hit, but adjusting to the game is how you can put yourself in a position to be successful.

4/15/2019 4:29PM PDT

Comment by lReversaL-

Comment by thizzlyadams

700 isn’t exactly that high up the leaderboards 

Comment by lReversaL-
4/15/2019 3:40PM PDT

But 800 is, and you need a level that starts to separate the men from the boys so to speak. So starting to struggle at 700, which is still an above .500 player for the most part does what it's supposed to do. 

4/15/2019 4:38PM PDT

SDS got too cute screwing around with pitch speeds.  Pitch speeds should be the same no matter what difficulty setting BUT and its a big but...the accuracy of the PCI placement and the PCI size should be what changes NOT PITCH SPEEDS.  Changing pitch speeds between difficulties just throws off everyones timing.  It's just stupid.  Tell me what you guys think.  As far as I can remember I think thats the way its always been in previous versions of the show.  Thats the right way to separate difficulty levels not by changing pitch speeds imo.  

Comment by BASEBALL__24_7
4/15/2019 4:22PM PDT

There's two different settings, batting and pitching.

There's five different difficulty levels (rookie on up to legend) for each one.

For batting, the pci size changes, and the swing timing.

For pitching, it's pitch speeds and difficulty in spotting your pitch.

SDS keeps messing with all of these settings because they won't decide what the best settings are, or should be. If they did, then they could leave them alone and stop with the patching, so that people wouldn't always have to keep adjusting to their moving target.

4/15/2019 4:42PM PDT

An average player will struggle on HOF. I see a lot of people playing tons of games just to make ws means its harder and the games are low scoring so you must capitalize on scoring chances.

4/15/2019 5:09PM PDT

Although pitch speeds are definitely faster I think what is making it difficult is that the timing window on the higher levels is so small.  Sds referenced this a few times in the stream.  So basically you have to be almost perfect to get the exit velo you expect.  They said in the streams that the lower levels were going to be for more casual gamers and the higher levels were for the more serious competitive players. We really can’t fault them for doing what they said they were going to do.  Once people get used to it I think we will see more offense. 

4/15/2019 5:59PM PDT

Although pitch speeds are definitely faster I think what is making it difficult is that the timing window on the higher levels is so small.  Sds referenced this a few times in the stream.  So basically you have to be almost perfect to get the exit velo you expect.  They said in the streams that the lower levels were going to be for more casual gamers and the higher levels were for the more serious competitive players. We really can’t fault them for doing what they said they were going to do.  Once people get used to it I think we will see more offense. 

Comment by pfcorporate
4/15/2019 5:59PM PDT

The pitch speeds are faster now, and because that naturally translates to a smaller swing timing window, it makes it more difficult. SDS referenced this new revelation in their streams, so good on them for meaning what they said. It may take some time getting used to it though, because this is something new, and different than ever before..

4/15/2019 6:20PM PDT

Yeah just had to play a game on all star since the guy I played was under 700 and this game actually makes no sense. Why is it that the exit velo makes total sense on all star but on hall of fame the ball just dies and you can have good timing with the pci on the ball and get weak contact 

4/15/2019 6:25PM PDT