You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Idk what it is. I mean, the game isn't perfect but it is better than last year. For whatever reason though, I just don't feel the itch to play as much as I have in years past. Maybe it's just time for me to move on from MLB because I just don't get as excited to play anymore. Anyone else feel this way?

4/15/2019 10:56AM PDT

I personally haven't felt that way

4/15/2019 10:57AM PDT

I stay offline. Franchise mode/Exibition/RTTS and I'm loving this years game. Most fun I've had in a couple years playing it.

I feel like the offline players enjoy the game much more than everyone who tries to grind out stuff for DD. 

4/15/2019 11:00AM PDT

Idk what it is. I mean, the game isn't perfect but it is better than last year. For whatever reason though, I just don't feel the itch to play as much as I have in years past. Maybe it's just time for me to move on from MLB because I just don't get as excited to play anymore. Anyone else feel this way?

Comment by hoy56
4/15/2019 10:56AM PDT

I think I secretly miss the grind...I always felt like I had something to do last year which got me excited. I feel the same way. The grinds were absurd last year but it gave me hope that I was going to get some good players soon enough. 

4/15/2019 11:02AM PDT

I’m at roughly 4 days of pure playtime so far...

4/15/2019 11:03AM PDT

the game is good imo much better than previous years just needs some tweaks to make it great

4/15/2019 11:06AM PDT

I don’t feel that way at all, but I only buy The Show every other year. Played a ton of 17 while it was active, and then every once in a while the next year. Ramped up on 17 leading up to 19 and I’m loving the way everything is set up. Moments are a fantastic idea, even if some of them are way too hard. It reminds me a bit of NES remix but for baseball. Little bite sized missions for when I have a few free minutes.  I get diamond level players at different levels for experience and get to actually choose them based on my teams needs, AND I eventually get everyone if I play enough. Amazing.  I also love that they are doing more with conquest. The large map is too long to play over and over again for me, but adding these smaller maps is great.

The gameplay might not always be perfect, but the content is top notch.  My suggestion is to take a break. You don’t want to get burned out if you’re not enjoying it just for the sake of grinding XP.

Edit: I forgot about the market and pack odds. While I was a bit annoyed at the whole market average thing at first since it seemed to make flipping more difficult, I have still done well enough and prices are WAY lower then they have been in the past. Pack odds also seem way better with The Show packs, and they are finally telling us what the odds are. I’ve already pulled three diamonds (Freeman, Sale, Judge) our of free packs you get just for playing the game. I also got 2-3 pieces of diamond equipment I was able to sell as post game rewards. For me, it’s easier than ever to build a quality squad if you’re just playing the game. 

4/15/2019 11:07AM PDT

I enjoy the heck out of it... And I play March to March

4/15/2019 11:07AM PDT

I like the game and think it’s fun.  The comeback logic and errors are frustrating and annoying and can make me feel like I don’t even want to play at times though.  I do think an adjustment also needs to be made to how many good/squared balls are outs/In play verses how many late/weak balls are outs/In play. Not to say they should completely make everything good and squared a hit or late weak an out...but it seems like the game is rewarding failure more then success and that’s just bad gameplay. 

4/15/2019 11:08AM PDT

I dig the game. Tons of content this year. Not in love with the Team Affinity reward paths. They rely too much on the MTO gameplay and exchanges. I wouldn't mind if there were some stats grinding rewards for Team Affinity.

4/15/2019 11:10AM PDT

This game is a fresh of breath air compaired to 17 and 18. They will always be room for improvement. But I for one think the hitting is rewarding. I have been hitting almost 400 in BR and events and was in the 320 before I got to DS and CS in ranked. HOF is hard and I like it that way. I am sorry that most people arent going to like a very small% of the game. DS and above in RS. If you cant hit on allstar that is your fault and you need to practice more you arent squaring the ball up as much as you think. Sure there are to many very late hits but over all the hitting is good. 

4/15/2019 11:13AM PDT

I am.. just ain't as appealing 

4/15/2019 11:18AM PDT

I'm getting my keester handed to me regularly, and it can be incredibly frustrating, but I'm really enjoying it still.  

4/15/2019 11:25AM PDT

The cards you get through the XP and Innings are cool and all, but I miss the individual player programs. Like, last year I could pick a player I wanted and work on his program. It was a grind but everyday I made progress, I miss that. 

4/15/2019 11:27AM PDT

Maybe time to take a break. I felt the same about MUT, and I stopped playing back in Jan. I had been playing hardcore 4 yrs straight, and now I don't miss it. I doubt I'll get this year's version, so a break is good. 

4/15/2019 11:28AM PDT

Yes, I am feeling the same. There is something just overall frustrating about the game.

18: You can grind anytime you wanted and just relax and be achieving things. The people complained about the "hours in a row on Rookie at Coors doing hit and quit" chose to do it that way and chose to do it all at once. I did it more slowly and had fun chaning up my squad depending on what I was trying to do and always making some progress at something.

19: First, all of the hits means it's just frustrating/not as fun overall that it seems like so random on whether all those hits turn into runs. Plus people are also getting hits on the most random stuff and it's harder than ever to just pitch well. Then there are Moments that are all of the annoying single game grind missions combined into one. You can literally spend hours doing the same moment and not achieve it which each failed mission making no difference in completing the next one. Then you finally do and the rewards are so minimal. When i finished the long grinds in 18, I had a really good diamond that was better or equal to any live series card in the game. Now after I spend hours on the Bryce Harper moments (even if you finished them all first try it still would take quite some time) I get... Gold Bryce Harper that might make my bench. Or in the other ones you get what, a couple hundred stubs for your troubles? But even if the rewards were as good as they should be, I don't think anybody considers those Moments to be "fun" until the difficulty gets easier.

On the other hand, RTTS got a lot better so at least I can do that when I get pissed off too much.

4/15/2019 11:47AM PDT

Yes, I am feeling the same. There is something just overall frustrating about the game.

18: You can grind anytime you wanted and just relax and be achieving things. The people complained about the "hours in a row on Rookie at Coors doing hit and quit" chose to do it that way and chose to do it all at once. I did it more slowly and had fun chaning up my squad depending on what I was trying to do and always making some progress at something.

19: First, all of the hits means it's just frustrating/not as fun overall that it seems like so random on whether all those hits turn into runs. Plus people are also getting hits on the most random stuff and it's harder than ever to just pitch well. Then there are Moments that are all of the annoying single game grind missions combined into one. You can literally spend hours doing the same moment and not achieve it which each failed mission making no difference in completing the next one. Then you finally do and the rewards are so minimal. When i finished the long grinds in 18, I had a really good diamond that was better or equal to any live series card in the game. Now after I spend hours on the Bryce Harper moments (even if you finished them all first try it still would take quite some time) I get... Gold Bryce Harper that might make my bench. Or in the other ones you get what, a couple hundred stubs for your troubles? But even if the rewards were as good as they should be, I don't think anybody considers those Moments to be "fun" until the difficulty gets easier.

On the other hand, RTTS got a lot better so at least I can do that when I get pissed off too much.

Comment by ag1982
4/15/2019 11:47AM PDT

Well said sir...well said

4/15/2019 11:49AM PDT

I'm hanging em up after this year. My opponents still spam secondaries and you can still turn around on a steal. 

These people are liars. 

4/15/2019 1:03PM PDT

This game is a fresh of breath air compaired to 17 and 18. They will always be room for improvement. But I for one think the hitting is rewarding. I have been hitting almost 400 in BR and events and was in the 320 before I got to DS and CS in ranked. HOF is hard and I like it that way. I am sorry that most people arent going to like a very small% of the game. DS and above in RS. If you cant hit on allstar that is your fault and you need to practice more you arent squaring the ball up as much as you think. Sure there are to many very late hits but over all the hitting is good. 

Comment by kessel81_leafsds
4/15/2019 11:13AM PDT

I was hitting around .450 on all star lol, but hall of fame is so much more difficult than AS its crazy. I’ve had to re-tool my hitting approach and it’s still a work in progress, but I’m finally scoring 5-6 runs a gsme now.

Granted all star was a small sample size because I started out by going 18-2 during my RS climb (1 loss was due to a connection error). 

All star to me acrually plays the best from a hitting standpoint. I love playing BR and events because when I place the pci properly, the ball is absolutely smoked. 

4/15/2019 1:10PM PDT

I think I secretly miss the grind...I always felt like I had something to do last year which got me excited. I feel the same way. The grinds were absurd last year but it gave me hope that I was going to get some good players soon enough. 

Comment by IaMbAtMaN7777777
4/15/2019 11:02AM PDT

This is what I miss too.  The game is still fun (after avoiding getting sucked into Moments) with the RTTS, MTO and Conquest modes.  However last year I played a lot more due to the grinds (so many felt like light at the end of the tunnel).  This year it's more of a...to quote a friend from long ago...just a beer & pretzles game.  Last year it felt insane to get back on and grind out that next stat.  Now it's just, meh!

4/15/2019 2:00PM PDT

IM HAVING A BLASTEY BLAST WHOOOOOOO BABY

4/15/2019 2:03PM PDT

I miss the grind. Not the 18 grind, but the 16 and 17 grinds. I was starting to get bored with playing vs. CPU, so I started messing around with Conquest, and I'm finding that drive to play again. Maybe that'll go away once I finish the mountain peaks map (I finished the classic map and Jackie Robinson map today).

Perhaps I've hit a bit of a lull until the 2nd Inning program comes out, and I'll get excited again.

4/15/2019 2:03PM PDT

I like the game and think it’s fun.  The comeback logic and errors are frustrating and annoying and can make me feel like I don’t even want to play at times though.  I do think an adjustment also needs to be made to how many good/squared balls are outs/In play verses how many late/weak balls are outs/In play. Not to say they should completely make everything good and squared a hit or late weak an out...but it seems like the game is rewarding failure more then success and that’s just bad gameplay. 

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ
4/15/2019 11:08AM PDT

The errors have gotten out of hand.

4/15/2019 2:30PM PDT

the game is good imo much better than previous years just needs some tweaks to make it great

Comment by STI1489
4/15/2019 11:06AM PDT

Fielding tweaks, errors are ridiculous... 

4/15/2019 2:47PM PDT

I have fun but the game on hall of fame can be frustrating with the random errors and good/good not getting rewarded so I haven’t been playing as much ranked seasons just play HoF friendlies and some offline stuff in between but it’s been tough recently to be able to sit through a 30-40 minute ranked game without having to go do something or worry about my stuff randomly saying “LAN cable not connected” thanks Comcast! 

4/15/2019 2:58PM PDT