You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

How can Bryce Harper be a 86 overall with gold hitting, bronze fielding, and average speed??  LOL

4/15/2019 9:32AM PDT

Cus he’s only diamond because he’s on the cover.  

4/15/2019 9:33AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Or because he’s one of the better players in the mlb 

4/15/2019 9:37AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

I was thinking the same thing hahaha.  As a Giants fan he blew us off cuz he knew he wasn't good enough to hit in our park lol so he had to go to the ban box of all ban boxes in Philly lol but he still isn't even close to the HR lead.  Granted its only mid April but he's got 4 HR's.  Just a decent power hitter should hit 35 HR's a year in Philly.  Thats prolly about what he will do but doing that in Philly is just not all that impressive.  Almost all those guys that get those mega contracts never live up to it either cuz of the pressure of living up to it or they just get lazy and there's nothing to motivate them anymore once you give em all that money LOL. 

4/15/2019 9:40AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

I was thinking the same thing hahaha.  As a Giants fan he blew us off cuz he knew he wasn't good enough to hit in our park lol so he had to go to the ban box of all ban boxes in Philly lol but he still isn't even close to the HR lead.  Granted its only mid April but he's got 4 HR's.  Just a decent power hitter should hit 35 HR's a year in Philly.  Thats prolly about what he will do but doing that in Philly is just not all that impressive.  Almost all those guys that get those mega contracts never live up to it either cuz of the pressure of living up to it or they just get lazy and there's nothing to motivate them anymore once you give em all that money LOL. 

Comment by BASEBALL__24_7

Bandbox.

4/15/2019 9:43AM PDT

Hellllooooooooo cover boyyyyyyyy!!!!

4/15/2019 9:47AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Or because he’s one of the better players in the mlb 

Comment by lReversaL-
4/15/2019 9:37AM PDT

He’s really not even close to one of the better player in the MLB he has the WOrst UZR of any outfielder...(which is overall defense if you didn’t know) and he hits basically 265ish with some pop.  He’s grossly overrated.  And I can give you a ridiculous amount of outfielders I’d take over him.  Let alone if you start talking about other players he’s not even top 50 players in the mlb.

4/15/2019 9:48AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ
4/15/2019 11:33AM CDT

4/15/2019 11:40AM CDT

Or maybe he didn’t want to play for a team where most of its best players are closer to moving into a retirement home than they are to being competitive.  Sorry, I’m a Harper fan. He is exciting to watch.

4/15/2019 9:49AM PDT

" Just a decent power hitter should hit 35 HR's a year in Philly. "

Phillies have played 14 games.

4/14*162 = 46 and change.

Home runs also come in streaks.

I've always thought Harper was a bit overhyped, but he's got an OPS over 1.000, he's not underperforming.

4/15/2019 9:50AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

soooo it didn't have to do with the fact that the giants have a team full of older players and bloated contracts?

4/15/2019 9:53AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

I don’t like him much either but he’s a good player. Maybe 87 overall in the same mood as judge is more fair, but their ratings are definitely harsh for DD across all players. Not complaining one bit, but the legend cards destroy the fun of playing with live cards. 

He's actually off to a very good start this year. 

4/15/2019 9:55AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

I don’t like him much either but he’s a good player. Maybe 87 overall in the same mood as judge is more fair, but their ratings are definitely harsh for DD across all players. Not complaining one bit, but the legend cards destroy the fun of playing with live cards. 

Comment by GTRandyNYC

Like I said.  He’s way overrated.  If you look at his overall defensive analytics he’s pretty horrible defensively which hurts him bad considering his bat is heavy power and his average has been either good or sub par. 

Not to mention he’s a clubhouse cancer.  Not running to first fighting with papelbon is one example but also just his non hustle mentality is just poor. 

4/15/2019 9:58AM PDT

considering we've seen bronze/bronze golds, it's that he does well what the game prioritizes

4/15/2019 10:05AM PDT

Harper is definitely overrated but to act like he’s some scrub is ridiculous 

4/15/2019 10:07AM PDT

" Not to mention he’s a clubhouse cancer. "

Whether this was true or not before (I don't know) it doesn't seem to be the case in Philly.

He seems to be behaving nicely, actually being pretty humble, and appears liked by the fans and teammates.

4/15/2019 10:09AM PDT

All Star x 6

Silver Slugger 

MVP

career ops of .900+

age 26.  

Anyone who thinks he’s overrated has been drinking the owners kool-aid. 

4/15/2019 10:14AM PDT

Bryce Harper is one of the best players in the game... generational talent even... let's just stop

you might not like him for whatever reason you want to give and that is perfectly fine

but lets not kid ourselves here... like really

I don't know how the attributes are weighted but the formula based off his position puts him at 86 overall which is diamond tier

4/15/2019 10:16AM PDT

It's barely over .900 (.902) and that's not superstar territory by any means.

Nelson Cruz (to pick a random example) is at .861. Is he worth $350m+?

JD Martinez is .888 and he signed for $20m.

Harper is overrated. And just wait until he hits his mid-30s.

4/15/2019 10:17AM PDT

It's barely over .900 (.902) and that's not superstar territory by any means.

Nelson Cruz (to pick a random example) is at .861. Is he worth $350m+?

JD Martinez is .888 and he signed for $20m.

Harper is overrated. And just wait until he hits his mid-30s.

Comment by Qeltar_
4/15/2019 10:17AM PDT

You named two of the better hitters of the last decade and they’re all below him. Harper hasn’t hit his prime. How is this a discussion? Jealousy? 

4/15/2019 10:19AM PDT

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Comment by GTRandyNYC

Bryce is over rated. However I’d take him on my team in a heartbeat. Not for that amount of money though. But he is a very good player.

i used to be a legends guy in this game but for some reason I’m having more fun using LS players and taking advantage of Inside Edge this year.

Comment by xST3ROiiDzZ

Comment by GTRandyNYC

Bryce is over rated. However I’d take him on my team in a heartbeat. Not for that amount of money though. But he is a very good player.

i used to be a legends guy in this game but for some reason I’m having more fun using LS players and taking advantage of Inside Edge this year.

Comment by coxmania03

If you won’t take him for that price then you don’t get him. That’s what he’s worth. 

4/15/2019 10:22AM PDT

Comment by GTRandyNYC

Comment by coxmania03

If you won’t take him for that price then you don’t get him. That’s what he’s worth. 

Comment by CincyRedlegs3219
4/15/2019 10:22AM PDT

Not a chance. That contract is gonna end up being so bad 

4/15/2019 10:23AM PDT

The issue is that value is defined differently by different people. A person like Bryce Harper could see the Dodgers offers with 40m+ AAV and not see the value that an older player sees. Maybe he values the stability of a long term deal. Maybe the team saw the value in having a bona-fide superstar with top end marketability and a personality that fit the city as worth the risk of 330m and 13 years.

Also lmao Nelson Cruz is 38 years old. If he was 26 after last season(with the last 7 seasons being his only 7) he would've been paid Harper/Machado money easily.

4/15/2019 10:31AM PDT

Contracts like his aren't based solely on just what happens on the field. Reason he got the money is because of what happened the first day it was announced... Broke jersey sales records. What happen the night he hit a HR on his return to DC... it blew up Twitter.

Phillies are going to make more than $300 million off his name during his contract. From a business aspect... it's a great deal.

May end up not being great on the field for the entire length... but at the end of the day - it's a business.

4/15/2019 10:41AM PDT