You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Server maintenance scheduled for 3 AM PT on 9/24/19. Please complete all games prior to that time. Thank you.

Participate in MLB The Show research studies! Sign up here: https://playstation-research.com

"...so I can go back to playing proper baseball games."

How many editions back did you end up going? I know that online support has been dropped for anything '16, and before...

4/13/2019 7:18AM PDT

Came to the same conclusion earlier when I jumped into the rookie Judge mission and was thrown 3 consecutive balls, forcing me to swing at the next awful pitch. I realized at that moment that it’s not worth it for me and decided to stop playing them in total. The implementation of Moments is absolutely awful imo. 

Comment by jfenton8287
4/12/2019 5:24PM PDT

Yeah so? It’s on Rookie and you have 4 ABs per game plus a quick restart. Did it first try 3rd at bat. I don’t know, wait for your pitch?

4/13/2019 7:24AM PDT

"...so I can go back to playing proper baseball games."

How many editions back did you end up going? I know that online support has been dropped for anything '16, and before...

Comment by seethe3
4/13/2019 7:18AM PDT

This year is better than last. They did make contact hitting relevant, but there’s something off with power hitters and home runs now. It shouldn’t be a binary choice whereby we can either have power hitters mashing homers, or contact hitters being useful. It would be nice to have both. I don’t believe in the “scripted game” theory, “comeback logic” or most of the garbage that gets thrown around on here. Gameplay wise, it’s about on par with ‘17 and could be as good as ‘16 if they adjust the sliders for HoF and Legend online slightly to allow power hitters to actually hit for power. It’s not easy to square the ball up on the higher difficulty levels and to have guys like 99 Thomas incapable of hitting more than a hard single on a good swing is doing their career a disservice.

4/13/2019 7:41AM PDT

People complaining now about too much content..... smdh

Comment by SIguy7
4/13/2019 7:13AM PDT

No, people complaining about *** content.

4/13/2019 8:21AM PDT

Daniel Nava program from 18 > Willy Mays moments.

Comment by mhager
4/13/2019 6:18AM PDT

youre so far wrong, it isnt even close. 

4/13/2019 8:31AM PDT

Personally I like Player Programs better then the moments. I actually enjoyed the single game missions and accumulation stats. 

Moments are eh. Idk it’s just missing something. Completing 10 moments(which arnt easy btw) and getting 500 stubs is a joke.

the vouchers I get, I like CAP moments for sure, the rest are just meh tho. I mean the Warm up event thing is a nice touch. I’m pretty in the middle as you can see. But after playing a moment or two and failing I go right back to RS and it’s much more fun

4/13/2019 9:03AM PDT

Moments would have been great as it's own separate mode, like MTO. Tying g it so heavily into DD is what makes it bad.

4/13/2019 9:05AM PDT

My biggest gripe with moments is you don't get to use your Diamond Dynasty squad nor players to help with affinities. Like if we're going to be forced to grind, at least grinding with the cards we like or towards other challenges simultaneously is what made the grind last year so worth it

4/13/2019 9:30AM PDT

Yeah so? It’s on Rookie and you have 4 ABs per game plus a quick restart. Did it first try 3rd at bat. I don’t know, wait for your pitch?

Comment by yankblan
4/13/2019 7:24AM PDT

Congratulations, you have a different opinion than I do.

4/13/2019 9:38AM PDT

Judge moment took me almost an hour. Walked three or four times.

4/13/2019 9:48AM PDT

Moments would have been great as it's own separate mode, like MTO. Tying g it so heavily into DD is what makes it bad.

Comment by maskedgrappler
4/13/2019 9:05AM PDT

*** right there!

I actually find myself playing Moments once in a while, like when I'm waiting for a phone call...or someone to get home...basically anytime I don't know how long I have to play and don't want to get locked into either a MTO episode or Conquest game.  It's a side mode and nothing more.

4/13/2019 10:30AM PDT

youre so far wrong, it isnt even close. 

Comment by MoBigDaddyDongs
4/13/2019 8:31AM PDT

Just my opinion. With the Nava program at least I can take the team to extras to get that needed double. Took 2 weeks, but I got it. I'm not even close on Willy.

4/13/2019 11:15AM PDT

Love moments. Always wanted something like this in a baseball game. 

Just did Haderr 3 ks in the 9th. 

Took me 10/12 times but was so rewarding when I finally did it. 

Some moments are are really hard. But overall loving it. 

4/13/2019 12:45PM PDT

I want more pitching moments. 

4/13/2019 1:05PM PDT

I'm learning to avoid any Moment that requires a HR - power is nerfed. Got lucky with Trout who hit a HR in the short field on the RF corner. Some great squared up hits with Griffey but not even close. Not sure about SDS logic in these Moments unless thay want us to waste time which is not unlimited for some of us. 

4/13/2019 2:09PM PDT

Same here. If it involves a HR I avoid it. Spent almost 2 hours trying Griffey the other night and not so much as a warning track. 

4/13/2019 2:13PM PDT

To SDS:

Please stop spending time creating Moments, they're awful. It's a good idea but they're not fun, they're pointlessly hard, and they're designed to make us fail them over and over (you even admitted this). I appreciate the respect you have for historic moments in baseball but this isn't how you show it and also make a fun game. Focus on giving us Programs, new Conquest maps, more frequent events, etc.

To my fellow players:

Please stop playing Moments. You know they're tracking everything and if we keep complaining about them while also playing them they won't take the complaints seriously. Let's show them they're just wasting their time on this pointless exercise. 

I know I'm probably just screaming into the void but i had to get this off my chest. I tried to give them a chance but I'm done throwing my time away.

Comment by SunPaintedBlack
4/12/2019 4:57PM PDT

This 100% 

4/13/2019 4:05PM PDT

This year is better than last. They did make contact hitting relevant, but there’s something off with power hitters and home runs now. It shouldn’t be a binary choice whereby we can either have power hitters mashing homers, or contact hitters being useful. It would be nice to have both. I don’t believe in the “scripted game” theory, “comeback logic” or most of the garbage that gets thrown around on here. Gameplay wise, it’s about on par with ‘17 and could be as good as ‘16 if they adjust the sliders for HoF and Legend online slightly to allow power hitters to actually hit for power. It’s not easy to square the ball up on the higher difficulty levels and to have guys like 99 Thomas incapable of hitting more than a hard single on a good swing is doing their career a disservice.

Comment by ComebackLogic
4/13/2019 7:41AM PDT

After playing this year until now, knowing what the game was like at launch, and knowing what it's like right now; would you recommend buying it? I don't know how I feel about getting the game this year yet, but I probably have different reasons for losing interest in the franchise as a whole, anyway. Last year's gameplay and seemingly underhanded business practices is what finally killed my long history of devotion to this game. 

I still miss playing it though, too many years of enjoyment, not to.

4/14/2019 4:52AM PDT

I haven't played since launch week, but i remember the Joey Bats one. Sure, i hit a line drive HR, but where was the bat flip animation????

Another required you to get all putouts and not let a run score, yet the infield was playing in, lol. I got strikeouts, but they didn't coun't.

I will definitely go back, although i can understand both sides of the argument.

4/14/2019 7:09AM PDT