You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

To SDS:

Please stop spending time creating Moments, they're awful. It's a good idea but they're not fun, they're pointlessly hard, and they're designed to make us fail them over and over (you even admitted this). I appreciate the respect you have for historic moments in baseball but this isn't how you show it and also make a fun game. Focus on giving us Programs, new Conquest maps, more frequent events, etc.

To my fellow players:

Please stop playing Moments. You know they're tracking everything and if we keep complaining about them while also playing them they won't take the complaints seriously. Let's show them they're just wasting their time on this pointless exercise. 

I know I'm probably just screaming into the void but i had to get this off my chest. I tried to give them a chance but I'm done throwing my time away.

4/12/2019 4:57PM PDT

Agreed

4/12/2019 5:03PM PDT

I love moments, I'm not stopping what I enjoy.

4/12/2019 5:06PM PDT

Related: stop fueling your car, they’ll lower the price 🙄

4/12/2019 5:07PM PDT

I love moments, I'm not stopping what I enjoy.

Comment by fsh8675301
4/12/2019 5:06PM PDT

exactly..... one man's treasure is another man's poison.

for each one of these complainers whining about how they hate it - there is an equal amount of people who enjoy them

the only difference is that the people who enjoy them don't think of running to the internet to talk about how much they enjoy them.  people who whine love to have everyone else hear about their whine - like being in a grocery store long line - everyone waits until that one crusty napkin starts opening their mouth - others quickly fall in suit

4/12/2019 5:13PM PDT

I disagree totally.  I do agree with most that Moments feels wonky.  Pitch speeds feel jacked up, PCI feels a tad jumpy.  In general I *** love Moments, as I expressed earlier in this thread that didn’t get much love.  Didn’t expect it to, but I REALLY hope they don’t take your advice.

4/12/2019 5:20PM PDT

Came to the same conclusion earlier when I jumped into the rookie Judge mission and was thrown 3 consecutive balls, forcing me to swing at the next awful pitch. I realized at that moment that it’s not worth it for me and decided to stop playing them in total. The implementation of Moments is absolutely awful imo. 

4/12/2019 5:24PM PDT

I disagree totally.  I do agree with most that Moments feels wonky.  Pitch speeds feel jacked up, PCI feels a tad jumpy.  In general I *** love Moments, as I expressed earlier in this thread that didn’t get much love.  Didn’t expect it to, but I REALLY hope they don’t take your advice.

Comment by dynnk
4/12/2019 5:20PM PDT

Agreed moments feel like a challenge and it feels that much sweeter to complete them, I finished the Harper ones when sliders where effecting them and it felt like ok that's that. Beating them straight up that's where the reward is. 

I want these kept the way the are as I feel like I am improving my overall skill as I beat them

4/12/2019 5:26PM PDT

I think it’s hands down the best part of the game this year. Honestly I wish there was way more or you at least got another xp reward for doing the actual stats they got. Besides Swanson everyone almost has immortal attributes. Zack Greinke has better hitting than anyone I have on my DD team. 

4/12/2019 5:48PM PDT

Agreed moments feel like a challenge and it feels that much sweeter to complete them, I finished the Harper ones when sliders where effecting them and it felt like ok that's that. Beating them straight up that's where the reward is. 

I want these kept the way the are as I feel like I am improving my overall skill as I beat them

Comment by CDNMoneyMaker93

I feel like nothing.... because some are based off luck, not skill. Such as whether your team scores or not in a player locked pitch mission, or RBIs and no one is ever on base... stolen bases yet some guy with 30 speed is on second.... or no pitches to hit on homerun missions.... or the fielders with Spider-Man capabilities,  or a crappy catcher that is yadier Molina on steaming missions ( will I mays) etc

4/12/2019 6:13PM PDT

I feel like nothing.... because some are based off luck, not skill. Such as whether your team scores or not in a player locked pitch mission, or RBIs and no one is ever on base... stolen bases yet some guy with 30 speed is on second.... or no pitches to hit on homerun missions.... or the fielders with Spider-Man capabilities,  or a crappy catcher that is yadier Molina on steaming missions ( will I mays) etc

Comment by Crimson_Monk
4/12/2019 6:13PM PDT

Most of your issues seem to stem from Storyline Moments.  Most of them do require some luck and there is some RNG involved in the multi-game missions.  Inning Moments and Topps Now moments are an awesome time.  Give the new Yankees v Orioles one a shot.  You play as the entire Yankees lineup and all the cards are jacked.  Gardner has 94 PWR v RHP.  These are fun moments.

Edit: I have not completed a single Storyline Moments program.  I plan to ignore them all year.

4/12/2019 6:19PM PDT

Related: stop fueling your car, they’ll lower the price 🙄

Comment by yankblan
4/12/2019 5:07PM PDT

LOL, good one.

4/12/2019 6:29PM PDT

Comment by CDNMoneyMaker93

What do you mean "when sliders were effecting them"?

4/12/2019 6:31PM PDT

What do you mean "when sliders were effecting them"?

Comment by Tuke7-1
4/12/2019 6:31PM PDT

There was an exploit for the first few days where adjusting your sliders would affect Moments gameplay.

4/12/2019 6:32PM PDT

I've kinda warmed to them. Especially the Topps Now moments. Looking forward to seeing who the reward card(s) is for them.

I can see both sides, but I like them a lot more now than I did at launch.

4/12/2019 6:34PM PDT

I hate moments, but I’ll still play them

4/12/2019 6:37PM PDT

There was an exploit for the first few days where adjusting your sliders would affect Moments gameplay.

Comment by dynnk
4/12/2019 6:32PM PDT

Seriously! Well, I guess if there's a glitch, someone will find it.

4/12/2019 6:49PM PDT

I think I’m done with moments. I’m barely an average player, likely just below average and it sucks spending an hour failing at the same moment cause they wanted them to be crazy hard. My suggestion? Make the moments have a selectable difficulty that matches online on conquest actual difficulty. None of the rewards give you any cards that actually make a diamond dynasty deck so let everybody experience them at their leisure. You want a challenge, crank it up, you sucks? Play it on rookie or veteran. Everybody wins and it is t the stupid gut gud or dumb gamer gate keeping that exists in other communities.

4/12/2019 6:56PM PDT

I hate, hate, hate these moments. Wasted all my playing time tonight trying to beat one - (the 1st inning bosses vs. Walter Johnson and company). Had the four hits easy. Had the three runs eventually. Couldn't hit the homer no matter what I did. It ended after 18 innings because I finally struck out for the 6th time. Three times I had the lead and had to let them tie the game to artificially continue and try to win. That's always fun.  Their bullpen had nobody left so Hoffman threw nearly 100 pitches out of the bullpen. 

Here's my main problem - last year, my DD team could be working on 3-5 missions at the same time. If I couldn't hit a HR with a certain player, at least I had a chance at any of the other missions. Or at the -very- least, I least I could grind team stats for missions. Moments are all or nothing. And too often it's nothing. Extremely frustrating. 

I get some people like them. But when other detest them, that's a problem. It's making me -not- want to play the game. Not the desired goal. 

4/12/2019 7:40PM PDT

Most of your issues seem to stem from Storyline Moments.  Most of them do require some luck and there is some RNG involved in the multi-game missions.  Inning Moments and Topps Now moments are an awesome time.  Give the new Yankees v Orioles one a shot.  You play as the entire Yankees lineup and all the cards are jacked.  Gardner has 94 PWR v RHP.  These are fun moments.

Edit: I have not completed a single Storyline Moments program.  I plan to ignore them all year.

Comment by dynnk
4/12/2019 6:19PM PDT

Yeah you are correct. The non storyline moments are challenging but I completed most of them fast. I just wanna finish these storylines. I just noticed that every pitcher has the “grounded” perk. Even if every other stat they have is awful, they have 95 hr/9... there is no way every pitcher back in the day had that. 

4/12/2019 7:49PM PDT

Yeah, mimic some of the historical moments, like home run records and SDS basically forces us to have to get inside the park homeruns.  Infuriating

4/12/2019 11:52PM PDT

Here's an idea. Don't  play them.

4/13/2019 5:12AM PDT

Daniel Nava program from 18 > Willy Mays moments.

4/13/2019 6:18AM PDT

I don’t play moments at all, I’ve done a few, but I find they’re just a huge waste of time. It’s really going to suck later in the year when they start tying serious rewards to moments in order to force them to become popular. Moments are probably the worst aspect of ‘19 imo, it’s just a horrific time sink that’s not based on skill and rarely gives you a fair chance. You will only complete a moment when the cpu decides it is time to finally allow it. That’s it. It doesn’t matter how well you do in an AB or anything of that sort, there’s simply some background code that states “player will spend X amount of minutes in this moment before completion”, or “Will allow completion after X amount of restarts”. It could have been a cool concept, but first of all it’s been badly executed, second, it’s already pretty clear SDS are going to rely on them too heavily in terms of releasing content this year and finally, they’re pretty boring, even when you manage to complete them with relative ease. It’s not “Oh wow, cool. I’m actually playing out a historic moment in the sport” it’s more like “FFS, I have to sit in this moment until it’s over. Then I have another half a dozen. FFS this is going to take *** forever.” That says to me, that moments just aren’t that fun at the basest level and are just a frustrating menial task that I want out of the way as fast as possible so I can go back to playing proper baseball games.

All that considered, I just stopped playing them. If I don’t get a few Topps Now packs next month, or a crappy gold Harper or Zobrist, so be it. Moments are not worth the time, frustration and effort in their current form. I dread the day when something like a nice Griffey Jr card or similar will be locked behind hours upon hours of repetitive moments though, because I’d seriously have to consider passing it up.

4/13/2019 7:07AM PDT

People complaining now about too much content..... smdh

4/13/2019 7:13AM PDT