You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Just played a game, lost horribly. But first batter Andrew Miller faces drills him in the head. Miller drops to the ground, and a box comes up saying he is hurt, needs to be replaced.

I kinda like this, but had no clue it was in the game. Has anyone else had a player get injured in a RS game?

4/11/2019 8:42PM PDT

My friend actually had the same thing happen. It seems to happen only when the pitcher gets drilled in the head

4/11/2019 8:45PM PDT

My friend actually had the same thing happen. It seems to happen only when the pitcher gets drilled in the head

Comment by Liljayne300
4/11/2019 8:45PM PDT

Yep, that's what happened to me. Was kinda creepy, Miller crumpled down like he was dead. I like the addition though.

4/11/2019 9:23PM PDT

Last game I just played I drilled the pitcher in the face in the second inning. He was injured and guy had to go to his pen. Blew the living crap up out of his pen and I got the win. I've drilled pitchers in the head before like that without injury too so I wonder what the rate is. Be careful diving now on balls out of reach

4/11/2019 9:26PM PDT

A few days ago Chris Archer took a shot to the face.  Whereas in 18 he would have just shook or off and thrown the batter out at 1st, this year he lay convulsing next to the mound.   Next batter and I get the message he is tiring.

i love seeing injuries come back into DD. They've been missing for a few years now.

4/11/2019 9:31PM PDT

I drilled a pitcher playing Moments and it said he had to be replaced. Next at-bat I get, it’s the same pitcher.

4/11/2019 9:34PM PDT

I’m so glad that play is still in the game. I haven’t seen it since MLB 15 The Show:

For those who haven’t seen it happen yet, it’s great:

MLB The Show headshot comebacker
https://youtu.be/28uxFKfe_rk

edit: that clip is RTTS not DD

4/11/2019 10:03PM PDT