You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Before I get to my point I want to first say that online hitting this year is so much better than it was in 18.

For the most part, hitting is pretty good. However, one thing that MUST be fixed soon is the incessant lineouts. 

You know there is an issue in online hitting when good/good, or good/squared up is not as effective at producing base hits versus getting jammed and getting a bloop single. Being late and getting jammed is consistently producing more base hits than squaring up a ball. How backwards does that sound?!

I cant help but feeling that same RNG aspect to hitting this year that I felt last year. With pitch speeds increasing and PCIs being very small in DS and up in RS, it is infuriating when you do square up a pitch only to have it produce line outs and warning track shots.

Which leads me to my next point about online hitting; Give power hitters their power back!! I'm starting to worry that SDS making HR/9 no longer a sim stat, is really effecting online hitting and in a negative way. I played 4 RS games last night and had numerous squared up fastballs and breaking balls that would either die on the track or would be a bullet to an OF.

I love the challenge of the game this year. But If the game is going to be this challenging, you MUST reward great PCI placement and timing....Because that isn't currently happening in online play.

4/10/2019 6:04AM PDT

well freaking said!! I couldn’t agree moreee 

4/10/2019 6:08AM PDT

Agreed. I even have low line drives hit with guys where my pci reflects me being in the ideal position to hit fly balls/home runs. It feels like hitting home runs is pretty random for me. 

4/10/2019 6:13AM PDT

The HR/9 stat is such a BS stat to have in online competitive play. 

4/10/2019 6:17AM PDT

I don’t understand their statement in the streams about timing meaning more than PCI placement either.  

They talked about different avenues to be a good hitter etc.  

I don’t see this at all in this game. 

The HR/9 stat is such a BS stat to have in online competitive play. 

Comment by saintsfan_1029

Yeah agreed. It seems like it just increases the RNG outcome where user input isn’t rewarded. With the timing windows being smaller this year, hitting at CS is already pretty difficult, it stinks that they neuter zone hitting more with weaker exit velocities and inconsistent ball flight/launch angle.

4/10/2019 6:23AM PDT

In real life, the batting average on any ball hit over 100mph is over .500, once you get past 105mph it gets up towards .700. Human beings cannot react to balls hit that hard

4/10/2019 6:27AM PDT

The lineout issue is not just an online issue. 

4/10/2019 6:35AM PDT

Yeah agreed. It seems like it just increases the RNG outcome where user input isn’t rewarded. With the timing windows being smaller this year, hitting at CS is already pretty difficult, it stinks that they neuter zone hitting more with weaker exit velocities and inconsistent ball flight/launch angle.

Comment by Harryhukari33
4/10/2019 6:23AM PDT

Well said!

I really hope SDS sees this. I mean I'm sure they know of the issues stated in this thread but man, hitting in CS and above feels so tedious and is not fun at all. 

They must find a correct balance and give power hitters the exit velos and launch angles that produce more HRs and not weak warning track shots.

I have faith that they will get it right with time and patches but the current state of online hitting is sooo frustrating. 

4/10/2019 6:39AM PDT

In real life, the batting average on any ball hit over 100mph is over .500, once you get past 105mph it gets up towards .700. Human beings cannot react to balls hit that hard

Comment by emilempenza87
4/10/2019 6:27AM PDT

Yup, the laws of physics don't really care who threw the ball

4/10/2019 6:40AM PDT

SDS biggest challenge is finding balance.  How do you create a game that rewards user input but also produces lifelike results?

Hitting 100+ mph line outs all the time is just as bad as squaring up and popping up all the time.  

For starters, they need to get rid of the ridiculous check swings in this game. They also need to turn most of these foul tipped swings into swings and misses.

In regards of how they should reward squared up swings, they really need to make it harder to do.  Then when you hit a rocket and get a hit you feel good about.  

People feel cheated because it’s just way too easy to square up and stay in an at bat in this game. 

4/10/2019 6:44AM PDT

Well said!

I really hope SDS sees this. I mean I'm sure they know of the issues stated in this thread but man, hitting in CS and above feels so tedious and is not fun at all. 

They must find a correct balance and give power hitters the exit velos and launch angles that produce more HRs and not weak warning track shots.

I have faith that they will get it right with time and patches but the current state of online hitting is sooo frustrating. 

Comment by doobiebross66-72
4/10/2019 6:39AM PDT

Yeah, and also they made the pci accuracy this year even more important (based off of my games so far).  There isn’t much that’s acrually hit hard unless the ball is within the pci and on time, so why are all the low velocity line outs necessary (with good placement and timing). Maybe the signature cards they’re releasing are what they based gameplay off of? Not sure. 

4/10/2019 6:51AM PDT