You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I’ll start with the general statement that 19 is an improvement over 18.

I believe that content is vast, with very equally distributed ways to earn rewards. I love that there will be multiple SS cards and I love that contact is valuable again. I think SDS nailed it in terms of content and mission progression this year.

Online hitting:

I love the gap shots, the hard line drives, and contact hitters producing high exit velocities. Very refreshing and a great improvement. HOWEVER, power has been significantly nerfed and SDS MUST find a balance soon or the community is going to erupt soon.

THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY LINEOUTS. I cannot explain how frustrating it is to consistently smoke the ball off someone and not be rewarded. Meanwhile, your opponent has no plate discipline and is rewarded via bloop hits. This must be fixed!! This is detrimental to the skill gap and competitive nature of the game.

Power hitters must produce more home runs if you get the “squared up” hit result. There is no damn reason my CAP with 104 power from both sides, squares up a hung breaking ball just for a warning track shot. And no, I do not think it should be a homerun derby but my god please give power hitters the hit results they (and we) deserve.

Online pitching;

I only use analog pitching. I love pitch speeds but I believe that analog takes the most skill to master and therefore, should produce the most accurate pitch results given accurate input. However, analog pitching is way too random yet again this year. I cannot tell you how many times I had perfect input and the ball hangs...and this is with higher control, diamond pitchers. TAKE THE RNG OUT OF PITCHING

Fielding is good imo, fielding matters and outfielders finally have the arms they deserve.

Overall, I give the game an 8/10 but it needs fixes to hitting and pitching online.

What do you guys think?

4/9/2019 6:55AM PDT

I agree, but I actually think good squared up should produce a hard line drive with a power hitter. What I’m finding is the pci, while extremely small in RS in DS and above, is working as it was outlined to us prior to the launch of ‘18. In order to get the required launch angle for a home run you need to be slightly under the ball and strike it with the top of the PCI. The problem is it is extremely difficult to get the PCI on the ball at all when you’re facing Vida Blue or SS Kershaw on HoF difficulty in H2H, much less accurately place it in order to create specific launch angles. 

Comment by ComebackLogic
4/9/2019 8:31AM PDT

Great point.

I think that we experienced very easy hitting early on due to playing on low difficulties in RS. Now that players, including myself, have moved up to higher difficulties, its natural to struggle.

But still, on those higher difficulties that have smaller PCIs, you should be rewarded for managing to square up a pitch.

It is so extremely frustrating to break through against a great pitcher, to start squaring up his pitches bc you caught on to his tendencies, only to have the game determine that your great input is going to be a lineout....8 times out of 10.

4/9/2019 8:35AM PDT
See original thread.