You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

If you have been victimized by the XP issue, please post here. I've emailed SDS and keep getting the runaround about how it will be fixed soon.

Really? How? When?

Today was the SECOND time I had my XP reduced without ANY warning. The first time I was bumped from a mid Level 30 to a low Level 29. Then today, after reaching Level 35, I log on, and it says I am low Level 33 despite having redeemed by Level 35 reward.

I don't feel like this issue is being dealt with by SDS with the promptness it deserves, and if this issue cannot be fixed, since it is preventing be from accumulating rewards properly that I paid into, I want a full refund of my game and every stub I have paid over $200 for. This is ridiculous. It's been going on since launch.

Don't @me that I am being harsh. This is my hard-earned money I have spent, and if a product is defective and not working as intended, I should not have to wait weeks for it to be fixed, if it ever is at all. I sincerely worry that SDS's servers are properly logging every XP properly, because if they were, this should not be taking so long to fix.

Again, feel free to share your XP experience here so SDS finally realizes just how many people it has impacted. I am fed up, which sucks, because SDS seems like good people who work very hard. But at some point, very soon, this problem must be resolved, quickly.

4/2/2019 9:43PM PDT

sometimes it's not as easy as flipping a switch. have a little patience. I understand it's frustrating and shouldn't be happening but if they say they're on it then they're working on addressing and fixing the issue. Whatever that may be. Besides, we have all season to level up. The past 2 years I easily hit XP cap long before the post season started. 

4/2/2019 9:47PM PDT

If you have been victimized by the XP issue, please post here. I've emailed SDS and keep getting the runaround about how it will be fixed soon.

Really? How? When?

Today was the SECOND time I had my XP reduced without ANY warning. The first time I was bumped from a mid Level 30 to a low Level 29. Then today, after reaching Level 35, I log on, and it says I am low Level 33 despite having redeemed by Level 35 reward.

I don't feel like this issue is being dealt with by SDS with the promptness it deserves, and if this issue cannot be fixed, since it is preventing be from accumulating rewards properly that I paid into, I want a full refund of my game and every stub I have paid over $200 for. This is ridiculous. It's been going on since launch.

Don't @me that I am being harsh. This is my hard-earned money I have spent, and if a product is defective and not working as intended, I should not have to wait weeks for it to be fixed, if it ever is at all. I sincerely worry that SDS's servers are properly logging every XP properly, because if they were, this should not be taking so long to fix.

Again, feel free to share your XP experience here so SDS finally realizes just how many people it has impacted. I am fed up, which sucks, because SDS seems like good people who work very hard. But at some point, very soon, this problem must be resolved, quickly.

Comment by tfrog76

Hard earned lol always hard earned

4/2/2019 9:49PM PDT

Hard earned lol always hard earned

Comment by squishiesgirl
4/2/2019 9:49PM PDT

Always a smart *** out there. Always a smart ***.

Talk to me when you're 42 years old and raising a teenager by yourself on one income like I am and don't have a ton of extra money to *** away like some people on here.

4/2/2019 9:52PM PDT

sometimes it's not as easy as flipping a switch. have a little patience. I understand it's frustrating and shouldn't be happening but if they say they're on it then they're working on addressing and fixing the issue. Whatever that may be. Besides, we have all season to level up. The past 2 years I easily hit XP cap long before the post season started. 

Comment by Sarges24
4/2/2019 9:47PM PDT

I think nine days of patience since launch is patient enough so far.

If you buy a product and it is repeatedly defective, you are entitled to a refund if they cannot address the problem in a timely manner.

I don't care who that offends, nor do I care who that upsets. If you walk into a store and buy a PS4 and it doesn't work properly, should I tell you "be patient" if it takes weeks to fix?

4/2/2019 9:56PM PDT

Always a smart *** out there. Always a smart ***.

Talk to me when you're 42 years old and raising a teenager by yourself on one income like I am and don't have a ton of extra money to *** away like some people on here.

Comment by tfrog76

I agree with you..just the phrase "hard earned" makes me laugh how EVERYONE says it

I agree with you..just the phrase "hard earned" makes me laugh how EVERYONE says it

Comment by squishiesgirl

Next time I will type "easy-earned money turning tricks" instead.

4/2/2019 9:57PM PDT

Just saying everyones money isn't hard earned

4/2/2019 9:59PM PDT

I’d like my win added to my record. I won a game because other guy dashboards day. Yet it didn’t give me a win. However it gave me the points, it ranked me up, it shows as a win in the 1st inning program. All that.. but when i look at my profile it says 5 games played, 4-0 record... wtf!!! Tack my win on as well @sds

4/2/2019 10:04PM PDT

Really? How? When?

Comment by tfrog76

"It's been going on since launch."

Launch was about a week ago.

Have you ever worked in a programming environment as complex as one for a worldwide system which has tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of players at any single moment in time?  Putting aside the myriad nightmarish issues involved in even the most basic socket and packet handling and interlacing involved in online play, have you ever worked on any kind of system with the complexity and intense multi-level interdependencies in something like MLB The Show?

I have, on both counts, and I'm sorry but I have to say that your tone above is nothing short of ridiculous.  Frankly, you come across as an unreasonably impatient millennial who wants what he wants, when he wants, and any explanation of why his wants can't be fulfilled this very second are nothing but excuses.

As someone who's worked in online gaming for over a decade, please allow me to educate you a little bit.  

In the first place, you need to understand that no matter how much testing is done in a controlled environment (Alpha, Beta releases), there has never in the history of programming been a release of any sufficiently complex online game which did not have a few significant errors which crop up in the first 96 hours of an initial wide release.  Negative effects are seen particularly often in areas which contain cases which simply don't occur within the testing environment.  Also, no matter how much you test a piece of software before you put it out to your customers, there will be things that were not tested for various reasons.  The reasons can be as simple as a time crunch, an oversight, or a requirement of a simultaneous player pool spread out over the Internet which simply cannot be replicated in a testing environment.

It is a truism and bane of work on such systems, and programmers/developers who don't learn to accept it tend to burn out very quickly.  Note that acceptance of this reality doesn't imply or require a lack of concern or desire to identify and repair the issue(s) as quickly as possible.  Having said that, before a fix is rolled out once an area which needs work is identified, any such fix goes through many stages on its way to the next update.  Part of the reason for this is that there is very little more horrifying to a developer than a "fix" which either doesn't make an issue any better, or worst of all, makes the problem significantly worse.  Any site/system can lose credibility with a significant subset of its customer base very quickly when such things as exacerbating a problem in the process of attempting to repair the issue(s).  About the only thing worse is to know about a problem and do nothing at all.

That last bit above is quite important.  Do you seriously believe that those at SDS who are responsible for creating MLBTS are going to allow this problem to fester one second longer than required by responsible mitigation?  Judging by the quality of the games they've put out over the years, I have no doubt that the various issues which have appeared in the first week of open play are being addressed, with many individuals in various departments burning an awful lot of midnight oil.

It's frustrating, sure... but it's part and parcel of playing such games, especially within the window of the initial release.  A player can either accept that and be patient (within reason) or they can get unreasonably frustrated every time they buy an extremely complex game within the first few days of its release.

From personal work experience, let me assure you that the agitation and upset within those who create the games we play is far, FAR greater than ours when problems appear, things which upset and/or irritate players, which they feel they should have spotted before release, etc.  The pressure in such environments is intense, requiring a special type of person to be part of any valuable creation and even more importantly, to be part of the solution(s) to any problem(s).

Cut 'em some slack.  Please. :)

4/2/2019 10:23PM PDT

Have you ever worked in a programming environment as complex as one for a worldwide system which has tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of players at any single moment in time?  Putting aside the myriad nightmarish issues involved in even the most basic socket and packet handling and interlacing involved in online play, have you ever worked on any kind of system with the complexity and intense multi-level interdependencies in something like MLB The Show?

I have, on both counts, and I'm sorry but I have to say that your tone above is nothing short of ridiculous.  Frankly, you come across as an unreasonably impatient millennial who wants what he wants, when he wants, and any explanation of why his wants can't be fulfilled this very second are nothing but excuses.

As someone who's worked in online gaming for over a decade, please allow me to educate you a little bit.  

In the first place, you need to understand that no matter how much testing is done in a controlled environment (Alpha, Beta releases), there has never in the history of programming been a release of any sufficiently complex online game which did not have a few significant errors which crop up in the first 96 hours of an initial wide release.  Negative effects are seen particularly often in areas which contain cases which simply don't occur within the testing environment.  Also, no matter how much you test a piece of software before you put it out to your customers, there will be things that were not tested for various reasons.  The reasons can be as simple as a time crunch, an oversight, or a requirement of a simultaneous player pool spread out over the Internet which simply cannot be replicated in a testing environment.

It is a truism and bane of work on such systems, and programmers/developers who don't learn to accept it tend to burn out very quickly.  Note that acceptance of this reality doesn't imply or require a lack of concern or desire to identify and repair the issue(s) as quickly as possible.  Having said that, before a fix is rolled out once an area which needs work is identified, any such fix goes through many stages on its way to the next update.  Part of the reason for this is that there is very little more horrifying to a developer than a "fix" which either doesn't make an issue any better, or worst of all, makes the problem significantly worse.  Any site/system can lose credibility with a significant subset of its customer base very quickly when such things as exacerbating a problem in the process of attempting to repair the issue(s).  About the only thing worse is to know about a problem and do nothing at all.

That last bit above is quite important.  Do you seriously believe that those at SDS who are responsible for creating MLBTS are going to allow this problem to fester one second longer than required by responsible mitigation?  Judging by the quality of the games they've put out over the years, I have no doubt that the various issues which have appeared in the first week of open play are being addressed, with many individuals in various departments burning an awful lot of midnight oil.

It's frustrating, sure... but it's part and parcel of playing such games, especially within the window of the initial release.  A player can either accept that and be patient (within reason) or they can get unreasonably frustrated every time they buy an extremely complex game within the first few days of its release.

From personal work experience, let me assure you that the agitation and upset within those who create the games we play is far, FAR greater than ours when problems appear, things which upset and/or irritate players, which they feel they should have spotted before release, etc.  The pressure in such environments is intense, requiring a special type of person to be part of any valuable creation and even more importantly, to be part of the solution(s) to any problem(s).

Comment by Onyx_Hokie_2

I understand where you are coming from, but I also feel his frustration.  This is not a minor problem, it is something that should demand immediate attention and/or at least better responses to the pleas for information in regards to is this being seriously looked into, ETA on a fix, and an assurance that all our wasted time will be given back. Trying to explain how the "inside" of a place works isnt going to make the consumer happy.  I have worked in restaurants, technical support and other fields that have to constantly deal with angry consumers, and you arent going to make them understand why their food is taking longer than normal, or their service is still down.  Without experiencing they will never understand and honestly dont have to.  The key to making people happy in most cases is simply communicating properly and promptly and providing assurance. I would imagine that would make 90% of people dealing with this, myself included, perfectly happy.  I cannot speak for OP though lol.

4/2/2019 10:35PM PDT

I could be wrong, but based on my own experience of it happening twice to me, it seems as though it’s the XP earned from things outside of playing games that it happens to (Collections,completing Conquest etc), but, if you play a game, any game, it ‘hard saves’ and you won’t lose anything. So before you shut the ps4 or log off for the night, make sure u play a game.

Like i said, I could be wrong, but it’s worked for me since.

4/2/2019 11:28PM PDT

Hold on a second... turning tricks is not easy or so I've heard, from a friend. Well more like an acquaintance but I definitely didn't hear it from a hooker I met. One time. Anyways, she had a bad back. So it's not easy.

4/3/2019 12:18AM PDT

You’ve got about 355 more days until The Show 20 comes out to up your XP. You have plenty of time.

4/3/2019 12:30AM PDT

i dropped a level from last night. I didnt read on the forum about this being a problem until yesterday. Now im wondering how much exp ive actually lost. So, SDS, you tell me. Ive completed 15 teams, collected 20 of two, 30 of the rest. Collected all free agents. Done other collections outside of live series players, along with playing games. Im at level 52. Where should i be? Reimburse please! Im in love with the game this year, have already spent $ on stubs, and was probably going to continue to spend throughout the year. You dont wanna lose me as a customer!

4/3/2019 2:28AM PDT

Finished stadium collections too, adding to last post.

4/3/2019 2:31AM PDT

I havnt been level reduced thankfully, they can reduce my level a bit if they want to after i get silver 1 lol

4/3/2019 3:01AM PDT

I’ve lost a lot of XP too. I’m level 68 and should’ve been in the low 70s by now at least. But I’m sure they’ll figure it out. Maybe just bump everyone 5 lvls, that’d do right by me. 

4/3/2019 3:11AM PDT

Yesterday someone posted a reply from SDS saying they are working on it and will make good on the XP.

4/3/2019 4:13AM PDT

Comment by Onyx_Hokie_2

No one should have to cut a company slack that makes diamond dynasty a huge profit in their pockets. You shouldn’t release something if it isn’t working properly. And esp something like XP being so important this year this guy has every right to be angry and express his frustration. This is something that should have been patched already idc how many hundreds or thousands of people are playing this game this is their product that should be fixed ASAP. 

4/3/2019 4:33AM PDT

Just saying everyones money isn't hard earned

Comment by squishiesgirl
4/2/2019 9:59PM PDT

my money is not hard earned:) my job toooooo easy

4/3/2019 5:46AM PDT

my money is not hard earned:) my job toooooo easy

Comment by Cholo2019
4/3/2019 5:46AM PDT

is it that moron SquishyPants again?  oh god she is like a giant KAREN - probably the worst librarian or nagging schoolteacher you'd ever find out in the wild

4/3/2019 5:51AM PDT

Comment by Onyx_Hokie_2

He may sound like a millenial, but you sound like your best buddies are working on the project and you feel the need to protect them from their own incompetence.

People don't like to be cheated.  People are right now being cheated out of their money and out of their time.  Those are typically the 2 most valuable currencies a human being owns.

I'm sure the OP and many others (including me, who has lost xp at least 3 times) would not feel like you're just babbling out a bunch of sorry excuses if SDS would, oh, I dunno, try to COMMUNICATE something, anything really, instead of needing for an end user to do that part of their job for them by posting the email they received.  The complete lack of communication about it is why people see this as if they are being cheated out of both time and money, and to just dismiss that very fact because "Making games is hard, yo!" doesn't cut it.

I've been QA for many, many years.  You obviously wouldn't have kept a job long with me around if all you had to offer were sorry excuses for broken features.

4/3/2019 6:17AM PDT

is it that moron SquishyPants again?  oh god she is like a giant KAREN - probably the worst librarian or nagging schoolteacher you'd ever find out in the wild

Comment by TheHungryHole
4/3/2019 5:51AM PDT

Lol I am so far from a "Karen"... you on the other hand should take a good long look at yourself and maybe reevaluate before calling others names..kinda sad honestly.

4/3/2019 6:25AM PDT