You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Not even there yet, about 20 more lvls to go, but how do you not take that Trevor Hoffman?  His card was amazing last year, and now with speed deltas meaning more this year and his card atts are just flat out better, that card is gonna be sick!  I was thinking of grabbing the Ichiro, just because I am having a hard time getting contact hitters out and he has amazing speed and defense, but taking a 93 overall over a signature card just seems a waste to me.  Anyone else already made this choice and what do you think about your decision?

4/1/2019 11:43PM PDT

It was a tough choice yes, but i did do the ichiro! He is a glitch! Im surprised when he does get a hit. You are right that hoffman is nasty used him in BR and he is filthy. Im from seattle and so rightly so am a fan of ichiro but he really shines so far.

4/2/2019 12:55AM PDT

I’ll get there this evening. I’m taking Kershaw, simply because I need an anchor to my staff, but definitely will be taking Hofffman at silver level 40. 

4/2/2019 1:09AM PDT

im not close to the level, but the 2 options have to be Ryan, and Kershaw.  I dont know who to get, leaning Kershaw since I have 0 lefties currently in rotation.

4/2/2019 3:57AM PDT

My thought process is that I’m not gonna make WS and will get all of these players eventually, so my first couple will be ichiro and trammel to get use out of them before they are replaced down the road

4/2/2019 4:03AM PDT

I took Ryan. Only used him one time so far but he was AMAZING. Like, un hittable. 

4/2/2019 4:54AM PDT

I think if you don’t take kershaw you’re making a mistake. He’s nasty. Hoffman is really good too, but kershaw is just too good to pass up.

4/2/2019 5:08AM PDT

I took Ryan. Only used him one time so far but he was AMAZING. Like, un hittable. 

Comment by casedogg310
4/2/2019 4:54AM PDT

I feel like Kershaw will be a lefty version, if you have either one you're doing alright lol 

4/2/2019 5:12AM PDT

I think if you don’t take kershaw you’re making a mistake. He’s nasty. Hoffman is really good too, but kershaw is just too good to pass up.

Comment by Harryhukari33
4/2/2019 5:08AM PDT

Still aways away, but if I had to pick now I would go with Ryan. I'll have Goose soon, so Hoffman would be a luxury at this point and I have too many needs. I already have LS Kershaw, so I wouldn't be adding a diamond to my rotation. For me, Ryan makes the biggest difference at this point.

4/2/2019 5:57AM PDT

I'm not very close yet but I feel like I'd take Ryan or Kershaw first. Tempted to get Ichiro but likely will go with a pitcher first time around.

4/2/2019 6:40AM PDT

I’ll get there this evening. I’m taking Kershaw, simply because I need an anchor to my staff, but definitely will be taking Hofffman at silver level 40. 

Comment by DirtyHarry10
4/2/2019 1:09AM PDT

I should get close tonight as well. I’m VERY torn. The thing is Ichiro would start in RF for me for the time being. So using him while I can is what’s making this tough.

damn it’s tough.

its between 

Kershaw, Ryan , Hoffman, Ichiro for me 

4/2/2019 6:45AM PDT

Still aways away, but if I had to pick now I would go with Ryan. I'll have Goose soon, so Hoffman would be a luxury at this point and I have too many needs. I already have LS Kershaw, so I wouldn't be adding a diamond to my rotation. For me, Ryan makes the biggest difference at this point.

Comment by dcmo3
4/2/2019 5:57AM PDT

I’m not taking Ryan. What I’ve learned from online play so far is that if their control isn’t ideal, then they’re going to miss way too much. It’s nesrly impossible to pitch online with guys who don’t have control because they either are way off the plate or it’s down the middle and gets crushed. I’m definitely focusing on using more control guys this year that have enough velo/break so I don’t have those kinds of problems.

4/2/2019 6:52AM PDT

From what I’ve seen how this game plays on HoF Nolan Ryan might be very good this year. That fastball change up 20 mph difference will be deadly 

4/2/2019 7:03AM PDT

Ichiro is tempting, but I have Harper and he crushes baseballs!

4/2/2019 7:19AM PDT

I should get close tonight as well. I’m VERY torn. The thing is Ichiro would start in RF for me for the time being. So using him while I can is what’s making this tough.

damn it’s tough.

its between 

Kershaw, Ryan , Hoffman, Ichiro for me 

Comment by Therealest_JB
4/2/2019 6:45AM PDT

It's a tough call. Ichiro would definitely be the play if taking a stick. I'm learing quick that these elite defenders who can hit are the way to go. As smooth as this game is, Ichiro would be phenominal. And you're right, Ichiro can start now, but the OF choices are going to get plentiful as the summer goes along. Can always get the pitcher on the next go around. 

4/2/2019 9:31AM PDT

The more i think about this the more I want Ichiro..

man an outfield alignment of 

Jones Trout Ichiro is insane!

hard to pass on getting a Signature series card this early tho..BUT imagine picking Kershaw or Ryan, and he doesn’t get chosen to pitch for a day or two lol

4/2/2019 10:12AM PDT

With how small PCI is for low contact/vision guys on HOF Ichiro is even more appealing but those pitchers are gonna be very tough to pass up. I’m about to be 66 and I’m still so torn between him and Kershaw and maybe even Nolan 

4/2/2019 10:16AM PDT

This is a tough one. I’m a Mariners fan so immediately want Ichiro. But I have Lofton right now. I also have LS Kershaw and I think I can use him to get me by til Sig Kersh. Nolan Ryan is one of my favorite players ever so I think I gotta got with The Express for now

4/2/2019 12:30PM PDT

This was a very tough decision I narrowed it down to Bench, Ichiro, Ryan, or Hoffman (no Kershaw because I already have his live series and want to use that for a bit). Being a Padres fan and how much I loved the Hoffman card last year made the choice for me, but can't wait to get my hands on Nolan Ryan.

4/2/2019 12:38PM PDT

I'm getting really close, and my logic is simple. You go with the best availible. Kershaw's stats are ridiciulous, not to take away from Nolan Ryan. 

4/2/2019 1:12PM PDT

I already have Kenny lofts. So ichro is a no go. I'll probs take one of the 3 mentioned pitchers. Might have to be Ryan. That fastball is nuts, mix in off speed for strikes and he'll be dominate. 

4/2/2019 1:15PM PDT

It’s not a hard decision, it’s an easy one. Kershaw by far.

4/2/2019 1:25PM PDT