You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

wow, changing the sliders in the home menu DEFINITELY has an impact on gameplay 

4/1/2019 12:04PM PDT

which sliders do you fix to help you out? was thinking about doing this.

4/1/2019 12:31PM PDT

This was the best thing I did so far. Moved all human sliders to max and all cpu sliders to min. Finished Willie's moments first time straight through the order.

4/1/2019 12:34PM PDT

This was the best thing I did so far. Moved all human sliders to max and all cpu sliders to min. Finished Willie's moments first time straight through the order.

Comment by Groat_28
4/1/2019 3:34PM EDT

This 

4/1/2019 2:03PM PDT

Wow, I didn’t even think of doing this

4/1/2019 2:08PM PDT

Changed Sliders last night and rocked Cy Young in the 9 inning game and had 11 K’s  and a Shutout with Blyeleven. 

4/2/2019 6:28AM PDT

It feels like this shouldn't be an option. 

But when it is so damn hard, it's difficult not to do it. 

4/2/2019 6:29AM PDT

Completed Andruw Jones 6 games stuff on second try, was going well but ran out of K's lol. People need to approach them like baseball; the Ruth shot call, I struggled until I started taking pitches and waiting on MY pitch. Gone. Same with Willie.

PLAY THE GAME LIKE A BASEBALL GAME AND IT WILL WORK!

4/2/2019 6:42AM PDT

After struggling for hours on the 4HR and 4SB Mays moments, I adjusted the sliders to see what would happen.  Finished it in 5 minutes.  Felt too easy.

4/2/2019 10:56AM PDT

How are you folks getting the sliders to stick?  I'm finding that the sliders seem to reset as soon as I enter moments -- when I exit the moments (going through Diamond Dynasty > Moments > First Inning, as an example), I find that the sliders are back to default, despite me loading the sliders before going into moments.

So it seems to be a case of Moments are broken and are resetting the difficulty no matter what a user asks for :(

4/15/2019 5:10PM PDT

How are you folks getting the sliders to stick?  I'm finding that the sliders seem to reset as soon as I enter moments -- when I exit the moments (going through Diamond Dynasty > Moments > First Inning, as an example), I find that the sliders are back to default, despite me loading the sliders before going into moments.

So it seems to be a case of Moments are broken and are resetting the difficulty no matter what a user asks for :(

Comment by terpfan1980
4/15/2019 8:10PM EDT

The sliders thing was patched a week or more ago. It doesn't work anymore.

4/15/2019 5:12PM PDT

Just to add some data points, I think I've confirmed that there is a big difference between going into Moments via the main page, vs. going into Moments from the Diamond Dynasty sub-menu.  Through DD results in resetting the sliders back to defaults.  Through main page, after setting or loading the sliders, the sliders stick.

4/15/2019 5:34PM PDT

Just to add some data points, I think I've confirmed that there is a big difference between going into Moments via the main page, vs. going into Moments from the Diamond Dynasty sub-menu.  Through DD results in resetting the sliders back to defaults.  Through main page, after setting or loading the sliders, the sliders stick.

Comment by terpfan1980
4/15/2019 5:34PM PDT

That's what I used to do but I think it's still nerfed.  I was working on the Baez (SS) moment, which is All-Star, the night before the patch.  Even with maxed sliders in my favor and a huge PCI zone I kept getting just 2 bases each attempt.  It was late so I decided to try again in the morning.  The next morning loaded the sliders, went to the Moments from the main screen like I had been doing, and the PCI is shrunk to the size of a grapefruit.

4/15/2019 5:57PM PDT

I had serious thoughts as I was playing last season that I might not actually buy this year's game and this crap with the difficulties on Moments has me thinking that I will probably follow through next year and beyond and just not waste my money.

I'm sorry, I know I suck as a gamer, but honestly the difficulty level with Moments is just either stupid difficult, or is broken badly.  Rookie is far from it.  Veteran as well, and screw All-Star.

Each of those is seemingly a level or two higher than they are labeled and that is just ridiculous.  Had I know that the I could adjust the sliders and have completed more of the programs, I would have, but still, why should I have had to do that?  Why nerf it after the fact?  (oh, wait, because they want to make this a total grind and make it nearly impossible for anyone to actually complete)

The other approach is what will likely happen to me this season - I'll just quit on the game and move on to another game to occupy my time.  I don't get enough gaming time to get this frustrated at something that is supposed to be fun.  I'm not asking for exceedingly easy, I'm asking for achievable for a regular gamer.  I'm asking for the difficulty levels to be reasonable.

4/15/2019 7:44PM PDT