You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I waited a few days before posting, because I wanted to play a good number of online and offline games.  Here are my thoughts.

Online Play:  I think this is the best version of online play that I’ve ever seen.  Hitting feels completely realistic, and pitching seems fair.  Fielding stats matter, and baserunning has been improved.  I am super impressed.

Offline Play:  Offline is actually much harder than last year, which can be frustrating, but also rewarding when I finally complete something.

Content:  Amazing

Quality Of Life Changes:  SDS has made soooo many QOL improvements.  Pack animations, ease of use on the market, notifications of when a buy/sell order is completed, notifications of when a friend packs a diamond, posting pack odds, (and more and more).

I was very nervous that 19 was going to be a repackaged version of 18, but it is not.  19 is amazing.

SDS, awesome job!  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

3/29/2019 9:46AM PDT

Here’s the thing, if the offline moments are hard for you (a very good hitting WS level player) then they are too hard, since virtually no one else can get these done without extreme levels of luck. 

3/29/2019 9:47AM PDT

Here’s the thing, if the offline moments are hard for you (a very good hitting WS level player) then they are too hard, since virtually no one else can get these done without extreme levels of luck. 

Comment by GradektheBard

OK SURE luck what???

3/29/2019 9:48AM PDT

Comment by GradektheBard

some things in life have to be earned, cant just hand out stuff, i find moments challenging but its only gonna make me a better player......and 19 rocks

3/29/2019 9:50AM PDT

Comment by GradektheBard

OK SURE luck what???

Comment by SwaggyD4803

I’m talking about what the average player is going to need to beat something like that andruw Jones mission. It’s clearly not on veteran and clearly has lower power sliders set up. If Mij finds those hard, what do you think the majority of their player base thinks.  

3/29/2019 9:51AM PDT

I very much agree with everything, I feel like online hitting is great too! The game seems very rewarding, I feel like the lower tiers of offline need to be little easier as they are supposed to be rookie and veteran, like I know there are a lot of us that are already good at the game, but I feel like these lower difficulty missions should be easier just for the sake of the new guys

The only thing I would maybe like to see is faster swing animations, I feel like some guys it is a lot easier to turn on pitches just because of the quick bat swing ( aka Corey Seager swing from 17) if they dont fix it I feel like its going to be somewhat of a repeat of 17 especially end game when everybodys is throwing 95 plus fastballs

3/29/2019 9:54AM PDT

The more i play the better im getting at hitting in offline which was my only gripe, i do think it needs minor tweaking to power but thats about it imo.  Honestly dont play alot of baseball games but really want to love this one, its definitely a good game now that i dont completely suck lol.

3/29/2019 9:56AM PDT

Gradek is actually right here.

A top player thinking offline play "nailed it" means 99% of players are going to find it super frustrating.

I'm glad it is better for you guys, but it's tough for a lot of the rest of us.

As for QOL -- some improvements yes but also many steps backward. Search "UI" for my thread listing just some of the issues.

3/29/2019 10:01AM PDT

Oh, and I wonder how fair pitching is online if you still can't strike people out. I'm actually afraid to throw changeups now, even below the knees they are way too easy to hit.

3/29/2019 10:04AM PDT

I completely agree with the post. I’m amazed at how well this game turned out. I’m praying that don’t try to patch anything with hitting and mess something up.  My only complaint is this game is definitely going to make me neglect things I need to get done at work this year. 

3/29/2019 10:10AM PDT

Online:

VERY LATE/LATE hits need to be fixed. Guy I played for 10/13 hits on late or very late. I jammed him with a FB up and in (was off the plate) and somehow pulls it for an RBI single with Very Late timing??? Idk how that’s possible (unless he hit it with nob of his bat lol)

Fix making contact on every swing! No matter where you throw (unless it’s 10ft out of the zone) the hitter will make contact even if they are late or early and no where near it. 

Offline: I agree some of the moments should be challenging, but they need to tweak it a bit. It’s much harder than hitting online. Also the user shouldn’t be punished for working a walk. If you walk you should be able to repeat the AB for challenges where you need a hit. Not force me to swing at balls. And for the moments that require “total bases” a walk doesn’t count as a base. When it totally should. 

3/29/2019 10:13AM PDT

I am not anywhere close to an elite player and I agree that they nailed it this year. I love the gameplay both online and offline. Moments are hard, but I have been successful in all I have tried within 5 tries or so. The difficulty offline also feels like it is actually preparing me for online games where it has never done that in the past. 

3/29/2019 10:16AM PDT

I just got on and noticed ive dropped from level 25 to 18... whats that all about?

3/29/2019 10:30AM PDT

Online:

VERY LATE/LATE hits need to be fixed. Guy I played for 10/13 hits on late or very late. I jammed him with a FB up and in (was off the plate) and somehow pulls it for an RBI single with Very Late timing??? Idk how that’s possible (unless he hit it with nob of his bat lol)

Fix making contact on every swing! No matter where you throw (unless it’s 10ft out of the zone) the hitter will make contact even if they are late or early and no where near it. 

Offline: I agree some of the moments should be challenging, but they need to tweak it a bit. It’s much harder than hitting online. Also the user shouldn’t be punished for working a walk. If you walk you should be able to repeat the AB for challenges where you need a hit. Not force me to swing at balls. And for the moments that require “total bases” a walk doesn’t count as a base. When it totally should. 

Comment by SatrdaysR4DaBoys

I agree on the consistent contact with pitches outside the strike zone. It seems that players either fight it off, or hit a blooper the other way on occasional very late / late swings. Anyone else?

3/29/2019 10:39AM PDT

Comment by GradektheBard

OK SURE luck what???

Comment by SwaggyD4803

The longer you go saying this without playing them, the more foolish you look. I made this mistake as well. The game probably couldnt handle enough predetermined situations for the amount of moments they want us to play this year. This probably left them with a very basic simulation for all moments, and the missions you are required to complete are at war with the simulation. 

RBI missions with no base runners for 5 games...

Every first inning starts with two outs and any single is met by a 2 strike count for your team mate, you’ll need a ball to complete a steal or the inning will end without even giving you a chance. 

If you hit a single with a guy on first, your base runner he will never go to third, you won’t get a chance at a steal here either.

If your on second and your teammate is on third they never run home on sac flys, so you can’t steal third in that situation either.

Opponents common fielders in polo grounds throw errors at an enormous rate which nullify about 30% of your infield homeruns

The moments aren’t hard. Finding yourself in a situation to complete them is the biggest factor. These are only the strange circumstances for Willie Mays, imagine once we have 20-30 different storylines with the same basic simulation. 

3/29/2019 10:58AM PDT

Online:

Comment by SatrdaysR4DaBoys

Akmost impossible to K someone unless is 6 ft outside the zone and they somehow miss it, which would still be very unlikely. 

3/29/2019 11:45AM PDT

Offline hitting needs fixing other than that I love the game

3/29/2019 11:47AM PDT

I love the game so far, just not a huge fan of the all or nothing way that the MTO works.....especially since those five big team affinity points. Also, I agree with regard to to offline hitting...squared up balls hit at 108 + MPH are not going out when they should

3/29/2019 12:02PM PDT

I agree 100%. The game is incredible and plays more like real baseball than any version of the Show ever released. Last year, I centered my lineup completely around power and did not care at all about speed defense. Now I am making sacrifices to my lineup to keep speed in my OF and good defense in my IF.

I've also been sequencing in ways that closely reflect real life pitch sequencing. Not only can I use the entire plate, but now I HAVE to! There are also benefits to using all types of pitchers.

3/29/2019 12:42PM PDT

Online is great (which is most important beside fielding being a little iffy)

offline is awful specifically moments

3/29/2019 12:44PM PDT