You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I’ve noticed two changes (defects?) to Button Accuracy Fielding, and I’m wondering if it’s just a setting change I need to make, a permanent change or defects.

Scenarios:  

1.  Two outfielders running towards a ball in the gap:  I preload the throw on the RF (who I’m controlling), but the CF gets the ball first.  In previous years, the preloaded throw would transfer from the RF to the CF, but it’s not in 19.  Is this a defect?

2.  I have my opponents runner caught in a rundown:  In previous years I could hold down the button (for the base I’m going to throw to) and the meter would continue to cycle until I decided I want to throw.  In this year, when I hold down the button, the meter stops at the end (in the red) and the fielder automatically throws wildly.  Is this a defect?

3/27/2019 10:17AM PDT

1. I have had this happen to, preloaded throws not registering in the OF.

2. I haven't tried this one yet.  I would think it would have to be a designed change, I do recall that always being the case where the meter would run continuously.  

I was always a pure analog fielder, but the absence of the arrows and overall wonkiness continued from the Alpha so I have picked up button accuracy again.

3/27/2019 10:32AM PDT

I use button accuracy and it mostly works okay (despite me not liking the arrows being gone).

But I just had a play that may be similar.

Man on first, ball hit to the pitcher. I preload a throw to 2B but then notice the ball is too slow, so I cancel and preload a throw to 1B.

Pitcher gets to the ball and just stands there. I have to do another throw, by which time it's way too late.

And if it's not cycling the meter, that's just silly.

3/27/2019 10:39AM PDT

I use button accuracy and it mostly works okay (despite me not liking the arrows being gone).

But I just had a play that may be similar.

Man on first, ball hit to the pitcher. I preload a throw to 2B but then notice the ball is too slow, so I cancel and preload a throw to 1B.

Pitcher gets to the ball and just stands there. I have to do another throw, by which time it's way too late.

And if it's not cycling the meter, that's just silly.

Comment by Qeltar_
3/27/2019 10:39AM PDT

Yes, it’s not cycling the meter (thanks, that’s a much better way to express it). 👍🏻

3/27/2019 10:41AM PDT

I’ve noticed two changes (defects?) to Button Accuracy Fielding, and I’m wondering if it’s just a setting change I need to make, a permanent change or defects.

Scenarios:  

1.  Two outfielders running towards a ball in the gap:  I preload the throw on the RF (who I’m controlling), but the CF gets the ball first.  In previous years, the preloaded throw would transfer from the RF to the CF, but it’s not in 19.  Is this a defect?

2.  I have my opponents runner caught in a rundown:  In previous years I could hold down the button (for the base I’m going to throw to) and the meter would continue to cycle until I decided I want to throw.  In this year, when I hold down the button, the meter stops at the end (in the red) and the fielder automatically throws wildly.  Is this a defect?

Comment by MiJuJuKaLa

1) The transfer will still happen if the switch happens automatically, but we're going to investigate this further.

2) This is by design. The meter will no longer hold the throw.

3/27/2019 6:19PM PDT

Scenarios:  

Comment by MiJuJuKaLa

1) The transfer will still happen if the switch happens automatically, but we're going to investigate this further.

Comment by Victor_SDS
3/27/2019 6:19PM PDT

Just to chime in here, I also experienced something bizarre with button accuracy in my last game. I had a flyball to mid RF with Eddie Rosario (95 arm strength) camped out under it. I got a green throw to my catcher (Wilson Ramos) and the ball went no where close to the catcher. In fact, it went out of play and two runs scored. Was this a glitch? I though button accuracy ensures a perfect throw if you get in the green.

3/28/2019 11:22AM PDT

Scenarios:  

Comment by MiJuJuKaLa
3/27/2019 12:17PM CDT

Comment by Victor_SDS
3/27/2019 8:19PM CDT

Victor, I just want to add that #1 has absolutely not been the case in my experience so far. I am having the same issue as OP

3/28/2019 11:25AM PDT