You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I know many of you are going to violently disagree with me on this one, but it occurs to me that analog pitching is a big part of why the show 18 was often disappointing for me.

I’m talking strictly online here.

My point is, if you match up against any good player using analog pitching and solid pitchers, it is very likely that you are simply not going to see enough good pitches to hit to be competitive.

I suppose you guys all will say get good and just put your pci on the ball.

Hear me out here though. How many pitchers in real life can dot the corners as consistently as the top players in this community?

Add to that the guys throwing unlikely pitches like sinkers perfectly placed at the top inner or outer quadrants online.

I, for one, am looking forward to 19 and am favourably inclined towards the so-called anti-pitch-spam.

There, I said it. Average player spoken.

3/22/2019 6:55PM PDT

I think it’s about averages, ironically. The portion you tip the scale at and your ability to do that with precision is the task. It can be difficult, I’d imagine. 

You have all these metrics in place. Perk boosts. H/9 Vs contact/vision/power for just a tiny slice of the clustertruck of dueling program code. 

That being said, I’m not sure how this secondary penalty will play out. 

3/22/2019 7:18PM PDT
See original thread.