You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I get what SDS is trying to do, I really do, but they are approaching it completely wrong.

They are trying to prevent the “spamming” of certain pitches (such as low offspeed in 18, or high and tight fastballs in 17), but they are completely going to ruin this game if they simply add more random outcomes to pitching.

If I’m playing an opponent that simply can’t hit a curveball, then I’m going to keep throwing a curveball.  I shouldn’t be punished for exploiting my opponents weakness.  Baseball (in real life) is all about trying to find your opponents’ weakness and taking advantage of it.

For a development company that claims to make a “baseball sim”, they sure are taking away the things that actually occur in real baseball games.

3/14/2019 10:44PM PDT

I agree with you....professional pitchers hit about 40-50% of their spots through out a season some may get as high as 50-60% and some as low as 10-20%. So if you want it to only be user input that is not a true representation of the game of baseball. Once you get use to a card on pure analog you can hit the line and circle almost everytime. WIth a card that does not have good control aka betances, the ball should be thrown more often close to where you wanted it and a few times hit exactly where you want it. I am talking like half a ball length to a ball length not drastic differences. Then if you ahve some on like Max scherzer who has great control, they should hit the exact spot you want far more than being slightly off. (opposite of Betances).

3/15/2019 1:40PM PDT
See original thread.