You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I get what SDS is trying to do, I really do, but they are approaching it completely wrong.

They are trying to prevent the “spamming” of certain pitches (such as low offspeed in 18, or high and tight fastballs in 17), but they are completely going to ruin this game if they simply add more random outcomes to pitching.

If I’m playing an opponent that simply can’t hit a curveball, then I’m going to keep throwing a curveball.  I shouldn’t be punished for exploiting my opponents weakness.  Baseball (in real life) is all about trying to find your opponents’ weakness and taking advantage of it.

For a development company that claims to make a “baseball sim”, they sure are taking away the things that actually occur in real baseball games.

3/14/2019 10:44PM PDT

I don't disagree but there is not much of a difference especially playing analog between a guy with bad control versus a guy with good control when it comes to user input. May be they should of adjusted the green line thickness or the speed of the line dropping down, but even doing that everyone can get use to a pitcher and be able to then have 100 control with a guy like AJ Burnett. IF pitching is strictly user input only,,,control stat does not matter than IMO.

3/15/2019 8:40AM PDT
See original thread.