You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
21 461 Active 6 months ago

it would be nice if players could be penalized during online games for continually throwing to first base during a pick-off attempt several times in a row. For example anything over 3 consecutive attempts should start to affect the pitchers stamina. During online play some players will throw to first 7-8 sometimes more in a row. When this happens it should affect the pitchers stamina as if they are throwing pitches. It would deter this behavior and make people think twice if that’s what they want to do. Sometimes it absolutely ridiculous because the game allows the runner to take one extra step to get back to the base safely. The constant attempted pick off is unrealistic when it’s happening 7-8 times in a row as an example. 

2/25/2019 7:07AM PST

Pick offs do reduce a pitcher's stamina.

You obviously feel your entitled to the extra lead with no penalties.  How do you think it's fair you can continue to get back to the bag safely and not have your runner tire at all?  Why is the cheesy runner (you) allowed to take advantage of the system with no penalty, but the pitcher ( other user) has to deal with lost stamina for picking off.  

I'd simply step off every time you took that extra lead, that doesn't reduce stamina ;)

2/25/2019 7:13AM PST

Seriously, it's Feb and I still have games where I'm spending 10 minutes stepping off because some cheeser things he deserves an extra step lead at 2nd base.

2/25/2019 7:30AM PST

They already have a system in place for that, it’s called don’t take an extra step lead lol

2/25/2019 7:36AM PST

"the game allows the runner to take one extra step to get back to the base safely."   Pretty sure it doesn't allow you to get back safely.  I've picked off plenty of people who continuously take that extra step. 

2/25/2019 7:39AM PST

Yup, this x100

I feel like Jim Carey in Liar Liar when he yells at his client to "stop breaking the law"

"STOP TAKING AN EXTRA STEP"

2/25/2019 7:40AM PST

Can’t wait for 19 when one of you guys thinks it’s 7 year old teeball ball game and no leads are allowed. 4 hour game of throwing to first 9 times, then throwing a ball, then throwing to first 9 times, then throwing a ball, then back to first nine times and watching you pop one into the outfield. Then continue the process inning after inning. When the messages come in it’s like the first time you make WS. That’s when I add the step off and pause breaks in between throws the first. 

Hopefully SDS has addressed this considering I got banned for exposing it once this year already. 

See you boys on first base ;) please get on though, I hate intentionally walking players just to waste your time some more. 

2/25/2019 1:37PM PST

They already have a lead before you try to take that extra step. Hopefully they'll eventually fix it so it's an out more often for taking that extra lead.

2/25/2019 1:52PM PST

I just wish they'd make picking a player off more skill oriented, kind of like button timing with your catcher when attempting to throw out a stealing base runner. If it weren't so easy to get back, even with crappy baserunners, people wouldn't continue to do it.

2/26/2019 9:48AM PST

In my mind the easiest solution to speed up the game after someone takes a lead three times and the pitcher steps off or throws over three times , make it where the runner can’t take the extra lead and the pitcher can’t throw over . Equal for each side . Nothing worse than 10 minutes worth of pick off attempts for both sides. And both sides are too hard headed to stop . 

2/26/2019 9:59AM PST

U take an extra step, im throwing over or stepping off every single time. Its already hard to throw runners out, not gonna get an extra lead

2/26/2019 10:10AM PST

I'd be good with that. I mean you take your step, you see your opponent isn't going to give it to you, you stop plain and simple.

2/26/2019 10:13AM PST

When I was playing events (to get Feller and Ted), I would take the extra step, but not necessarily for stealing. I got a lot more fastballs up in the zone as my opponent was worried about the steal. I did steal at times (usually without the extra step/ and in advantageous counts), but I noticed an increase in fastballs when i took the extra step, and less when I took the normal lead.

I'm pretty bad offensively, so that helped me out in getting through the 70 win grind quicker.

I do see why it is considered a bad thing as well. I'm not advocating, but explaining why I did it. 

2/26/2019 10:15AM PST

it would be nice if players could be penalized during online games for continually throwing to first base during a pick-off attempt several times in a row.

They do.  It only lets the pitcher throw over 2 or 3 times then you cannot anymore.  Unless the base runner is continually taking and extra lead bigger than the lead he already has automatically.  In that case it is all on the baserunner how many times the pitcher throws over.  No way any pitcher, IRL or game, is going to let a runner get an extra lead for free.  Unless he just isnt paying attention.

2/26/2019 10:37AM PST