You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
19 1478 Active over 1 year ago

Simple Question: Would you grind vs. the CPU on higher difficulty levels if there was a stats multiplier?

For Example, if you play on All Star your stats are x2. If you play on Legend your stats are x3. Therefore if a mission calls for 40 Homeruns you would only need to hit 20 if you play on All Star difficulty.

Of course this multiplier would not apply to stats like innings pitched.

Grinding on Rookie is so boring and provides zero challenge. Incentivizing folks to play on harder difficulties would be a welcome change. Am I way off base here?

7/8/2018 12:00PM PDT

That would be cool. I thought they should have had an online and offline grind with the online being less of a stat accumulation since it would be more difficult. Would allow online players to play more RS, BR, or events, without having to mindlessly grind CPU on rookie. 

7/8/2018 12:05PM PDT

Yes definitely it would mean you could actually grind for immortals online and not just vs the cpu on rookie which is painfully boring. 

7/8/2018 12:17PM PDT

Good idea but there should simply be better rewards than there are now.  

Maybe there could be a stat booster thing you could charge up and apply to a time period of play once charged up that would apply this multiplier.  You charge the booster buy achieving certain things, even on rookie vs CPU, but mainly by winning at higher difficulties and playing online.   Then you go apply the booster and play the CPU on rookie and get your increased productivity.  

7/8/2018 12:38PM PDT

I’d prefer some kind of “achievement points” system for grinding players instead of statistical benchmarks. 

For example, make singles worth 1 point, rbi 1 point, home run 4 points and so on, and set a grind goal of 1000 points to complete the mission. Add multipliers for difficulty level. 

7/8/2018 1:42PM PDT

No. All this would do is to allow someone that is great at hitting, just get the card that much sooner. Sounds good in theory, but not so much in application.

7/8/2018 3:45PM PDT

As opposed to what? People that play the game for 12 hours straight and finish immortals not even a day after they are unlocked.  Did you really think that response out before paying, I sure hope not.

7/8/2018 5:28PM PDT

Isn’t that pretty much how these card collecting modes are supposed to work?

7/8/2018 5:37PM PDT

OP has a good idea.

The game, including grinding, should be a CHALLENGE --- not a CHORE, which is what grinding offline versus the computer on Rookie is right now.

7/8/2018 5:43PM PDT

They would never do this because this entire game is designed to waste your time, that would be counter-productive to them

7/8/2018 6:39PM PDT

No way dude, it’s way too logical. 

7/8/2018 7:34PM PDT

A stat multiplier would be a bad idea because it would affect some stats and not others, which would imbalance missions.also probably wouldn't affect single game missions and they'd become a nightmare.

An alternative would be 2versions of the same mission- X stats in Veteran or lower, and X stats in All star and greater. Each mission would give same % to progress and rewards and completion of the one would lock the other so only one could be done. stat amounts would be tuned based on expected offense of the difficulty.

It would be an interesting feature, but can't help but think there would be too many problems with it.

7/8/2018 8:09PM PDT

I am currently grinding conquest extreme mainly on HoF and Legend. I am starting to get a few games now on rookie since I am halfway through the map but I have been simulating those just to see if I can finish conquest faster *12 turns or less*.

7/8/2018 8:32PM PDT

They would increase the All-Star level to the current Legend level and the Legend level to 'know way in hell'.  Oh, and they won't tell you that they've done this.

7/9/2018 6:17AM PDT

Maybe even put in a playoff mode where as you win the games it  goes up difficulty levels and if you win the World Series you get a reward card . Doesn’t even have to be that great of a card but it gives us something to play for . 

7/9/2018 6:28AM PDT

What do you want them to do; finish it in four hours instead. All that the op suggested would do is shorten the time for them as is.

What would be far better is for stats to only count for a complete game.

7/9/2018 7:21PM PDT

I don't think SDS is really wanting people to finish these missions in under a day, let alone in a few hours.

7/9/2018 7:24PM PDT

If they cared about whether people were going to finish the immortals quick they would not have just unlocked all of them at once the way they did.  There are so many things they could do to make these even harder than they did, but they didn't which should be enough to tell you they don't care.  I don't understand what point you're trying to make here.  You want these immortals to take even longer?  You must not understand how people get these cards unlocked so fast.  They either boost in RS or Events by getting matched up against players they know and gather a bunch of stats in one go or they have multiple people that play on one account.  I watched a video on youtube where a guy was given permission to log into an account and show off this account's card collection.  They had almost every program unlocked and all but like 3 or 4 immortals.  Those guys will never be affected no matter what you do, you would be punishing the casual players.

The OP's point is to remove the redundancy of playing against the CPU on rookie.  I would love to be playing on HOF or Legend difficulty and be able to get done with stats grinds in a similar time fashion as if I were playing on Rookie.  It would not be faster for the majority of people, heck even with stat multipliers if they were a thing it may take a little longer.  At least it wouldn't be so mundane and tedious.  

7/10/2018 7:09AM PDT

Tossing a no hitter should be a bonus 20 innings

7/10/2018 8:17AM PDT