You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.
8 458 Active over 1 year ago

So looks like his DL stint is over and he is coming back. Since he isnt pitching.... I guess this means he will have an OF card of some sort now?

7/6/2018 6:19AM PDT

position change for his live series seems likely but he does have a POTM card that is OF only so who knows really... might just leave his Live Series as a SP card.

7/6/2018 6:23AM PDT

His POTM card is OF only i believe 

7/6/2018 6:24AM PDT

This would be in relation to his LS card.  His POTM card cannot change.  But he will be a live DH only it looks like for rest of season.

7/6/2018 6:28AM PDT

He came back three games ago. 

They should update (or add) his LS card to allow him to start in the field, but I suspect they will just let his POTM card fill that function.

7/6/2018 7:18AM PDT

Nah, this is LS.  They gotta change his position from SP to RF or something.

7/6/2018 7:19AM PDT

I’d be surprised if they do that. This isn’t as simple of a change as moving someone from left field to center field. Ohtani is still a pitcher and people will want to pitch with him. I don’t even know if it’s been confirmed he won’t pitch again this year, although I suspect that may be the case. The real solution is to allow his one LS card to either be in the rotation or the lineup. The second solution would be to just add a second LS card for position player. But they’ve had plenty of time to do either, and have done neither. I don’t think the answer at this point is to take away his ability to be a starting pitcher in the game.

7/6/2018 7:33AM PDT

IDK man.  That is why I asked.  Will be interesting next Friday.

7/6/2018 7:38AM PDT