You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I’m not saying Harper should have gone gold but damn he needed a downgrade for sure

6/22/2018 12:21PM PDT

The "3 year cycle" kicks in for his downgrade I think. Nerfed his contact last update which was needed, but I feel 2 updates in a row is too much considering his last 2 years

6/22/2018 12:22PM PDT

I mean how low of an avg does a guy have to have for a downgrade? Avg isn’t the biggest hitting stat but I mean cmon he’s hitting like 210

6/22/2018 12:24PM PDT

How in the world is hader not a diamond yet? How come Cole never went diamond. Whoever does attributes there is clueless

6/22/2018 12:26PM PDT

His OBP, and OPS are still really good though. He's having a lot of bad luck with balls in play. I think he will pull out of this slump, but he is still producing. Full disclosure, I'm saying this as a very relieved Harper owner. I really did think he would be downgraded, and maybe he deserved it. But thrilled they didn't touch him.

Dammit Bryce start hitting!

6/22/2018 12:29PM PDT

Harper had a down 2016 though. Goldschmidt has been more consistent and they dropped him 2 points despite struggling for a shorter period of time.

6/22/2018 12:59PM PDT

no way a guy hitting 210 should have the stats he has, idc how many bombs he has

6/22/2018 1:04PM PDT

BETTER QUESTION --- Why did they not boost Trout?

He's on pace for the best single season since Babe Ruth's in 1923 and considering how many times Trout has won MVP, finished 2nd in MVP and Top 4 in MVP, it's a no-brainer to say the guy is very consistent.  #SMH 

6/22/2018 1:07PM PDT

The guy in charge of roster updates should not be doing this, it’s just embarrassing how clueless he is

6/22/2018 1:09PM PDT

I'm more confused about how Sanchez got a downgrade in power, the guy is leading in all categories for catchers, HR, RBI RS, how does he get a downgrade in power, contact I could see but not power.

6/22/2018 1:12PM PDT

It’s astonishing that this site/game have so many diehard players that know so little about modern baseball. Batting average is a useless stat. Check his wRC+, OPS, WAR, hard hit %, ISO, wOBA, wRAA...

It’s not 1954 anymore, good lord. 

6/22/2018 1:17PM PDT

You may consider it a "useless stat" but it isn't at all when it comes to this game. It is supposed to be the deciding factor in player contact ratings, just as walk rate is for discipline, strikeout rate is for vision and so on. So to downgrade a guys contact versus righties, but still keep it as high as 72, when he is hitting an almost impressively awful .176 against righties is obviously pretty strange.

6/22/2018 1:20PM PDT

That's kinda what I was getting at, his advanced stats are pretty solid. He has really had bad luck with balls in play. I think if he can keep playing the way he is, hits will start coming. I am worried though that if his avg. drops more in 2 weeks SDS may drop him down to an 86 or something. Hope not, hopefully his luck turns around.

6/22/2018 1:22PM PDT

You guys don’t see it, but he has immortal Bryce Harper Under Armour gear on. It secretly gets equated into his stats. Only thing I can think of that makes sense.

6/22/2018 2:59PM PDT

Many in the roster update just make no sense at all. The new players like Soto definitely deserve better rankings too. If Immortals aren’t dudes soon, this game is history. One of the selling points of the games was the Immortals, and you can only get 2 of them. One for buying every card and one for playing online (which I don’t). I actually love the game but I want the Immortals to enjoy playing with for more than a 1/3 of a year. Really just a poor decision by SDS. I’m assuming they are waiting for Madden to be released to release the Immortals. Such a dumb decision. 

6/22/2018 4:01PM PDT

Yeah I mind how they go about downgrading players I think they’ve done a good job there... I think they’ve had some misses on the upgrades though. For example look at Jon Lester dude hs really been lights out and has plenty of room on his macros for an upgrade. I guess they focus more on the flashy players. 

6/22/2018 4:25PM PDT

This is a contract year for him too, RIP $400 mill unless he really heats up and boy I sure hope does, I spent $165K stubs on him when he had a hot April.

6/22/2018 5:08PM PDT