On pace for the greatest single season since Babe Ruth's 1923, Mike Trout needs an across-the board upgrade.
His numbers are other-wordly:
1) Trout is leading the major leagues in everything from homers (23), runs (60), total bases (176), extra-base hits (42), walks (62), and a mind-blowing 1.152 on base plus slugging percentage
2) Since May 18th, Trout has gone off to the tune of a .388/.504/.827 slash line. That would be a 1.331 OPS over 31 days
3) Entering Monday, 21 lineups in Major League Baseball have produced 6.0 or more Wins Above Replacement, according to FanGraphs. Well, 21 lineups and Mike Trout, who comes into the week at 6.1.The best player in baseball has singlehandedly produced more value than nine entire lineups, including the Blue Jays, Rangers, Mets, and White Sox.
4) Since he became a regular in April 2012, he has never gone longer than two games without reaching base. In the last week alone, he reached base 25 times in seven games, with a double, four homers and seven RBI.
5) In the history of baseball, only five players have a higher career batting average, on-base percentage and slugging percentage than Michael Trout: Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ted Williams, Rogers Hornsby and Jimmie Foxx.
It’s like you were created in a lab for the sole purpose of providing the worst take imaginable.