You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

On pace for the greatest single season since Babe Ruth's 1923, Mike Trout needs an across-the board upgrade.

His numbers are other-wordly:

1)  Trout is leading the major leagues in everything from homers (23), runs (60), total bases (176), extra-base hits (42), walks (62), and a mind-blowing 1.152 on base plus slugging percentage

2)  Since May 18th, Trout has gone off to the tune of a .388/.504/.827 slash line. That would be a 1.331 OPS over 31 days

3)  Entering Monday, 21 lineups in Major League Baseball have produced 6.0 or more Wins Above Replacement, according to FanGraphs. Well, 21 lineups and Mike Trout, who comes into the week at 6.1.The best player in baseball has singlehandedly produced more value than nine entire lineups, including the Blue JaysRangersMets, and White Sox.

4)  Since he became a regular in April 2012, he has never gone longer than two games without reaching base. In the last week alone, he reached base 25 times in seven games, with a double, four homers and seven RBI.

5) In the history of baseball, only five players have a higher career batting average, on-base percentage and slugging percentage than Michael Trout: Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ted Williams, Rogers Hornsby and Jimmie Foxx.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1559250

halosheaven.com/2018/6/18/17473932/mike-trouts-unprecedented-margin-for-error-slump-busting-angels-baseball-greatest-season-of-all-time

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/as-angels-struggle-amid-mike-trouts-greatest-season-one-number-2020-looms-larger/ar-AAySjwq

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2018/06/19/mike-trout-angels-mvp-free-agent-2020/714476002/

6/20/2018 7:19PM PDT

Wow, you even cited your sources, this must be very important to you... in all seriousness though I read somewhere (don’t remember where) that he may already have a hall of fame worthy career and he’s not even 30 yet. I don’t know if most of us really understand just how good this guy is. And he finally moved out of his mom’s house last offseason, so that’s good.

6/20/2018 7:27PM PDT

Dude is the best in our lifetime.  5 tool player.

6/20/2018 7:35PM PDT

Great post. Agreed 100%.

Somehow the best player on the planet is underrated.

6/20/2018 7:52PM PDT

Well he has an immortal card coming already.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a boost to 95, his immortal card would be babe-esc imo.

6/20/2018 7:56PM PDT

Has there ever been a more under the radar superstar than Trout?  Could you imagine tom brady or lebron james getting the miniscule recognition like trout?  

6/20/2018 7:59PM PDT

With the season he’s having, he should definitely get another bump. It’s crazy because he’s so good, but his card isn’t actually doing him justice on how good he is/has been this year. 

6/20/2018 8:05PM PDT

I heard d he can pitch very well too 

6/20/2018 8:14PM PDT

Imagine the headlines if he played for the Yanks.

6/20/2018 8:16PM PDT

The only thing about the career ba is that trout hasn't reached his downfall in hi career yet. For example, Babe ruth had a lower ba at the end of his career than during his prime, just as everyone does.

6/20/2018 8:19PM PDT

Give this man a bump!!

6/20/2018 8:43PM PDT

Trout all around will be 100x better than Babe. Unless you're talking about hitting only.

6/20/2018 8:47PM PDT

Just imagine his offensive number when he gets into an awesome hitters park in Philly in 3years and at less than 30yrs old.

6/20/2018 11:02PM PDT

Doesn't throw well enough to be a 5 tool player tbh, probably 3 +tools and 1 decent tool (fielding) 

6/21/2018 4:15AM PDT

It's crazy to think that he's already had multiple MVP seasons, plus even more MVP worthy seasons, and clearly been by far the best player in baseball for like 5-6 years.... yet he's just now starting to hit his prime... Look out world!

6/21/2018 4:18AM PDT

You mean years from now?

6/21/2018 4:50AM PDT

You’re EXTREMELY ignorant if you think trout is an average defender. Advanced metrics has him as the best/2nd best center fielder in the league. How in the heck is that average? I’d suggest you actually look at his statistics and advanced metrics before posting something that dumb. 

He does have an average-slightly above average arm in terms of strength, but he doesn’t everything else at an elite level (defensively). We know he’s unbelievable offensively

6/21/2018 5:43AM PDT

I've been saying it since last year that some stats needed raised.   Speed, Arm and accuaracy.bunting, The dudes very first jit was a  bunt single

6/21/2018 6:08AM PDT

I mean, if you look up clips of the best plays of the past few years, you can't miss the ridiculous robbed home runs. Not that a few crazy plays makes someone a great defender (i.e. Derek Jeter), but still, to say he's below average is blasphemy! Just because his fielding isn't exactly on par with his hitting... which in my opinion is literally impossible.

I get that they want immortals to be better than live series cards, because they should be. But let's be honest: has Trout not been just as good as any of the immortals during their best seasons?

6/21/2018 6:16AM PDT

Trout should be on immortal level. He shits on Griffey as a player (that’s no knock on Griffey, but better portrays trouts greatness). Trout is the 2nd coming of Willie Mays, and that still probably doesn’t do him enough justice.

6/21/2018 6:24AM PDT

Trout shits on Griffey??? Idk if you were able to watch prime Griffey but this is a bit of an exaggeration. Griffey was every bit the fielder Trout is with a stronger arm. Possibly the most pur swing of anyone to play in the show. 

6/21/2018 7:11AM PDT

Trout shits on Griffey. He’s the undisputed best player in the league, where hitting is so much more difficult now than it was 20 years ago. Trout would have hit .400 against the guys Griffey was facing for the most part. 

Look at their war numbers. Mike trout has 2 10+ war seasons, and he’s on his way to his 3rd this year. Griffey had 0.  Trout will pass Griffey’s career war before he turns 29 at the pace he’s going. 

Theres little doubt in my mind that mike trout is leaps and bounds better than Griffey, and he’s being elite at a time where hitting is BY FAR the hardest it’s ever been for big leaguers.

6/21/2018 7:20AM PDT

Koogs must LOVE this thread.....

6/21/2018 7:21AM PDT

Griffey was awesome, but he wasn’t even the best player of his day.

6/21/2018 7:32AM PDT

During the time in which sports coverage and fandom is at an all-time high, it truly is amazing that Trout gets so little attention from the national media. We are witnessing greatness like never seen before. It is amazing what Trout is accomplishing in his career to-date. He is truly a once in a lifetime type talent. And the crazy thing is, people still call Bryce Harper the "face of baseball".  I just don't get it. Harper is certainly one of the top 10 talents, but he may be as over-rated as Trout is under-rated. 

6/21/2018 7:40AM PDT