You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the dozens of people at SDS thought it would be enjoyable to have to repeat the same at-bats by the same batters against the same pitchers over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

All while making NO progress towards anything.

The fact that pitchers almost never actually throw anything you can hit just adds insult to injury.

This needs a LOT of work.

4/18/2019 12:52PM PDT

I concur . I've been stuck on Dansby Swanson and Lou Gherig's 4HR forever...

4/18/2019 12:54PM PDT

Just wait until a gold goes diamond or a diamond gets a ratings boost and you can't sell that card for any higher because there is no market data on it

4/18/2019 12:55PM PDT

MOMENTS IS ATROCIOUS.

PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT MIND NUMBING GAMEPLAY VS THE CPU.

HOW... IN.... THE... F.... IS... THIS... ANY.... DIFFERENT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

4/18/2019 12:56PM PDT

It's actually worse.

Against the CPU I could work on different missions, mix things up, play in different parks.

You'd get matched against random starters. The situations would be different.

And you made progress towards something, even if it was slow.

This nonsense?

1. Start moment.

2. Try to hit HR.

3. Fail.

4. Reset moment.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 endlessly, each time EXACTLY the same.

It is the very definition of boring, tedious, un-fun gameplay.

They should rename it from "Moments" to "Groundhog Day" -- because that's what it is.

4/18/2019 12:58PM PDT

The idea was great the execution was not..need to make it to where moments are beatable within 1-2 play through otherwise gets boring and repetitive...also agree regardless if you beat or fail should at least get a card roulette at the end every time...seems like SDS made it harder to get regular cards franchise mode now you get nothing after games which is sad and I do not understand why they took that out 

4/18/2019 1:00PM PDT

So let me guess you rather play the CPU 40 times? This community is just getting so bad man. 

4/18/2019 1:14PM PDT

I cannot for the life of me understand how the dozens of people at SDS thought it would be enjoyable to have to repeat the same at-bats by the same batters against the same pitchers over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

All while making NO progress towards anything.

The fact that pitchers almost never actually throw anything you can hit just adds insult to injury.

This needs a LOT of work.

Comment by Qeltar_
4/18/2019 12:52PM PDT

Its called a challenge. While some have taken some retries the longest ones maybe took me 20 tries while most I accomplish within 5.

Maybe next year they will have a mode where you just get everything handed to you for doing nothing. 

4/18/2019 1:17PM PDT

I agree that the idea was good, but the execution was lacking a bit. A couple days ago I was on 4 hr 4 sb with Hank, I had all the HR done by teh last 2 games but needed 2 steals...literally every time I was up to bat I had a slow mofo on 1b. so basically i needed to hit a gapper and then stop at 1b to even have a chance to get the steals. I'm still stuck on that one. I also have struggled quite a bit on the Harper HR vs hamels on all-star. Dude must have like 7 power against lefties...it's also super fun trying to hit circle changes inside off the plate over and over again.

4/18/2019 1:21PM PDT

Love moments. Want more. 

4/18/2019 1:27PM PDT

I'll take 1 AB over 200 innings.

4/18/2019 1:30PM PDT

It is very stale....I understand the theory and koodos to SDS for trying something new but no....it just isn't fun at all.

4/18/2019 1:32PM PDT

the people that come up with this stuff get paid, thats the mind blowing shat right there.

4/18/2019 1:33PM PDT

How about the Cubs WS ones..... Driving me nuts.

Score 20 runs in "8 games".  Two of the games you don't even hit!  You basically have 8-9 innings total across that whole mission to get 20 runs.

It shouldn't be so easy that you can keep knocking them out in 1 or 2 tries but they should be attainable or at least get paid for the work you put in.

Best one so far is the Red Sox comeback because it's decent pay for the work it takes to beat it.

4/18/2019 1:34PM PDT

I was expecting more that were like the Joey Bats batflip too.  That was a fun one to work through and beat.

4/18/2019 1:35PM PDT

So let me guess you rather play the CPU 40 times? This community is just getting so bad man. 

Comment by NicholasHowardT5

Right?! I'd rather do these than pitch 200 innings with Babe again  

4/18/2019 1:36PM PDT

The community has been bad for about 5 years when DD came along and it became full of teenagers who think everyone else's opinion is stupid. 

Tediously playing moments over and over isnt fun to most people and has nothing to do with DD. Playing a 10 hour season mode that puts you in the same 3 situations over and over and over has nothing to do with DD isnt enjoyable to most people. As OP said, at least in previous versions you could work towards multiple goals while playing games in different parks against different teams, all of which were real baseball players not cheating youtubers. They added two features(multiple lineups and in game challenge tracking) that are now pretty much useless because they got rid of 99% of the reasons to use them.  They killed DD for offline players. 

4/18/2019 1:43PM PDT

Comment by Ikasnu

Ill take the actual reward that the 200 innings gives me instead of replaying that 1 inning 15 times before finishing it and getting my 100xp and 25 stubs. 

4/18/2019 1:46PM PDT

" So let me guess you rather play the CPU 40 times? This community is just getting so bad man. "

Yes. I would rather play the CPU 40 times.

At least against the CPU I am making progress.

I can work on multiple missions at a time.

I can enjoy hitting and pitching.

But.. here's a neat thought.

What if they actually found a happy medium between two silly extremes?

You know... give people things they can work towards but that don't take insane amounts of time and also don't involve the same bloody at-bat over and over and over?

Gosh, what an idea.

" Its called a challenge. "

No, it's called TEDIUM.

Especially with this year's no-power engine, and the obviously hacked sliders on these things, hitting home runs is more about luck than skill.

These "moments" come down to boring repetition until you get enough RNG to actually receive a hittable ball and then the engine is kind enough to randomly give you a solid hit that doesn't go right at someone.

4/18/2019 1:47PM PDT

Stop quiting after the first at bat. It’s held you guys back far too long. The game becomes easier as the pitcher becomes tired, and less confident. The computer AI is embarrassing, they will leave him in there for 14 runs with 120 pitches. Work the walk and stop swinging at garbage, the confidence will go down, the pitch count rises, the PCI gets bigger, the game becomes easier your next at bat. Score some runs your team plays better and you get more of them. 

Swing quit, swing quit, swing quit, might not get it done. 

4/18/2019 1:48PM PDT

Moments isn’t fun but it’s better than playing the cpu 9 innnings 

4/18/2019 1:53PM PDT

Stop quiting after the first at bat. It’s held you guys back far too long. The game becomes easier as the pitcher becomes tired, and less confident. The computer AI is embarrassing, they will leave him in there for 14 runs with 120 pitches. Work the walk and stop swinging at garbage, the confidence will go down, the pitch count rises, the PCI gets bigger, the game becomes easier your next at bat. Score some runs your team plays better and you get more of them. 

Swing quit, swing quit, swing quit, might not get it done. 

Comment by DeleteYourTTVBTW
4/18/2019 1:48PM PDT

While I agree with your overall thought process, I think the moments most people are complaining about are the ones that require a HR and/or are single at bat missions. In both of those examples, attempting to take a walk or wanting to continue playing after one at bat would make matters worse, not better

4/18/2019 2:01PM PDT

I think they can fix moments simply by making them playable in VS CPU. They can even make it more challenging. For example, the Wood mission could actually be “strike out 20 batters in a game” there would need to be some tweaking and/or you would have to have the traditional moments option but I agree as is it is really, really tedious. 

4/18/2019 2:04PM PDT

Comment by Ikasnu

I love how people are comparing a moment for 100 stubs to a grind for a 99 OVR player that was the best at his position.

4/18/2019 2:46PM PDT

I'd prefer something that at least felt like the reward was worth the effort. I've pretty much stopped playing all moments including my CAP player (pretty sure most people who have a decent CAP were able to do it when sliders were in effect). The reward to time spent is just not acceptable to me. I'd probably be another 10 levels higher and 5 away from silver 20 which has a player I CAN actually use.

My issue is the time commitment for the average or lower player for the crappy rewards. I expect better hitters to do them quicker and that's fine but they are pretty much a waste of time for the majority of average hitters.

4/18/2019 2:56PM PDT