You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

How do you take videos, with commentary, and upload to a YouTube channel?

about 1 month ago

I apologize in advance if i'm posting this in the wrong section (it does have to do with making videos for my franchise) & if this is a simple procedure, but if someone is willing enough to walk me through it, that would be greatly appreciated!

I don't see it anywhere on these boards anymore, but posting "franchise stories/updates" used to be a popular thing. I haven't done one in years, but wanted to give it a go again this year. I'd post my game updates on these boards (if that's something people would be interested in) and i'd also have my youtube channel where people could view the game in its entirety at their leisure. 

That being said, I need to know where to get started. Figured i'd need a flash drive, so I bought one last year, still unused. Anyone have any experience and would be willing to walk me through it? Thanks!

(MODS if this is in the wrong section, again I apologize)

12 days ago

You can broadcast directly from PS4 to Twitch or Youtube without the need for saving to a flash drive. this can include your camera and mic content too. Having said that, be prepared to minimise the amount of downtime in your stream.

Alternatively, you can save your gameplay using the share button and dub the audio/video later. A lot more work but it means you can edit the downtime out and make your commentary a bit less spontaneous but more selective. Can be edited in SHAREfactory on the PS4 (still no flash drive required) or copied to a computer and edited from there.

SHAREfactory is very limited and cumbersome for doing lots of editing so you might find the computer option much more worthwhile. iMovie is a breeze. 

Good luck and have fun.

11 days ago

What I do to edit videos, is changed broadcast settings to 60 mins on saved video clips.  I play my game then upload to youtube (private so no one can see it).  Then download the video and take it into my editing program and edit from there and then reupload to youtube.

By the sounds of it you can just either go live on youtube, by hitting the share button on your remote and go to broadcast gameplay.  If you have questions DM me and I can explain in more detail.

11 days ago

Shameless plug... check out my YouTube series on how to stream the PS4 (it's geared towards Mac, so @Red_Ted_is_back, it might be of interest to you since you mentioned iMovie).  I've got 3 episodes up now covering the software you need, how to install everything, getting up and running with a basic stream, and adding some overlay components.  I also posted some of my MLB gameplay as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO9iZHS7abKWQQDC15gsrZA

Make sure to leave a comment if there's anything you'd like me to cover in future episodes :)

11 days ago

Shameless plug... check out my YouTube series on how to stream the PS4 (it's geared towards Mac, so @Red_Ted_is_back, it might be of interest to you since you mentioned iMovie).  I've got 3 episodes up now covering the software you need, how to install everything, getting up and running with a basic stream, and adding some overlay components.  I also posted some of my MLB gameplay as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO9iZHS7abKWQQDC15gsrZA

Make sure to leave a comment if there's anything you'd like me to cover in future episodes :)

Comment by jonny_bravo0311
about 7 hours ago

Thanks jonny_bravo, your shameless plug worked. Subscribed.  

I too upload the odd clip to youtube from time to time, mostly MLB The Show. Usually either short oddities or if there's something awesome I edit together like an unbelievable finish to a wildcard game or something.  One of my faves is an immaculate inning by Addison Reed (I pitch on HoF and only ever had one in well over 5000 innings pitched). I've also done an Astro Bot PSVR level (Hookshot Highway) in under 52 seconds that the best I can find online is 55 seconds so I'm proud of that for now. Another cool one is from Mad Max where chum drives into a boulder which then sends me (Max) flying. That's a classic. 

Here's my channel if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG7xQ6pmDjsN-A88trmSN_Q

Most clips I'll upload directly from the PS4, if there's basic editing to do I'll fire up iMovie. If some more precise editing is required I'll use Final Cut Pro.

Show Replies