You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Starting Pitcher Cy Young to Middle reliever

12 days ago

I went through my rookie season as a starting picture in RTTS, had a crazy low ERA (under .2), threw over 300 Ks, went 17-0, won the Cy Young, League MVP, and Rookie of the year. I go to start the next season and they kick me from the rotation, are you kidding me!!!!! Any team in baseball would make you their number one after that. Does anyone over there know anything about baseball? Then when I do decide to play as a reliever the announcer say I'm not a strikeout pitcher!?!?! I averaged over 15Ks per game this is ridiculous and someone needs to figure out how to fix this game. I have been playing the show and RTTS since 09 and this will likely be my last time ever picking up this game. This is the WORST. VERSION. EVER. You've lost a loyal customer with this piece of garbage. 

12 days ago

Its dumb rtts. Im doing a position player rtts for the final trophy until platinum. First season in AA, had a batting average around .340, had 21 hr and over 100 rbi, yet didn't get promoted to AAA.

The pitcher one was a bit easier. Had a 2.50 ERA, after the first year, got offered an AAA contract and around halfway through the second year, made it into the bigs.

Don't know why this position player RTTS im not getting promoted with good numbers. It's weird.

Show Replies
12 days ago

Same thing happened to me. Had an awesome rookie campaign, we even won the world series. I start the next year in the bullpen as the long reliever. What? I made three starts that year, and one was the all-star game. How does that figure?

12 days ago

They obviously want your player to progress like a real life player the fact that you probably had it on a low difficulty so you can dominate like you’re pitching to some kids isn’t fair and the game knows it. It’s not going to reward you for that even if you got awards, it wants you to play like a real player and have real situations that may happen to someone. There’s been great pitchers moved out of the starting pitcher spot, babe Ruth went 5-0 as a yankee but he only pitched those 5 games his whole career with them and his World Series record was 3-0 with and ERA under 1, everyone nowadays would have him as the star pitcher in the league but it’s not always the case, sometimes real life situations change what happens in a players career. It does that so you continue the road instead of going around the block and quitting once you’ve done everything in a couple seasons when it take a real player 15 seasons to accomplish the same things, just because you’re good at the game doesn’t mean you’ll beat it any faster than someone else it’s a program so it’s still the same length in total there’s always roadblocks or unusual circumstances in a players career unless they’re lucky. 

Show Replies
11 days ago 1 Like

They obviously want your player to progress like a real life player the fact that you probably had it on a low difficulty so you can dominate like you’re pitching to some kids isn’t fair and the game knows it. It’s not going to reward you for that even if you got awards, it wants you to play like a real player and have real situations that may happen to someone. There’s been great pitchers moved out of the starting pitcher spot, babe Ruth went 5-0 as a yankee but he only pitched those 5 games his whole career with them and his World Series record was 3-0 with and ERA under 1, everyone nowadays would have him as the star pitcher in the league but it’s not always the case, sometimes real life situations change what happens in a players career. It does that so you continue the road instead of going around the block and quitting once you’ve done everything in a couple seasons when it take a real player 15 seasons to accomplish the same things, just because you’re good at the game doesn’t mean you’ll beat it any faster than someone else it’s a program so it’s still the same length in total there’s always roadblocks or unusual circumstances in a players career unless they’re lucky. 

Comment by Chandaman625
about 15 hours ago

In case you haven't noticed, this isn't real life. It is a video game. With that said I feel that with RTTS being an off line game mode, how fast our player progresses should be of no concern to SDS. If someone wants to go through all the trials and tribulations then they can go to HOF level and move all the sliders up. If someone wants a fantasy of being the dominant player of the league then you should be able to do so by playing at rookie level and bringing the sliders down. That is the reason for different levels and adjustable sliders. RTTS stands for Road to the Show. Some guys want to take the slow back road and some want to take the expressway.

11 days ago

What was your overall?

10 days ago 1 Like

Cool story, bro. You'll be missed in 2019.  Buh-bye!