You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Event

about 1 month ago

So I tried the new event today, I like the idea. Live Series only, makes it somewhat interesting. The problem I've had with events is the gameplay seemed totally different from Ranked or vs CPU. It's still trash. I had Yelich and Cain both take huge leads, get a nice break and literally watched them pause halfway and get successfully thrown out by Realmuto. I know he's a decent catcher, good arm but the lead combined with the break I got off the pitcher should not have resulted in this outcome. I likely won't try another event game after witnessing this.  I got frustrated and it went downhill from there. Lost 4-1. The previous years I would've had more interest in their online but seeing things like this or the other issues that have been mentioned many times before mine, make me more inclined to try RTTS.

about 1 month ago 1 Like

So I tried the new event today, I like the idea. Live Series only, makes it somewhat interesting. The problem I've had with events is the gameplay seemed totally different from Ranked or vs CPU. It's still trash. I had Yelich and Cain both take huge leads, get a nice break and literally watched them pause halfway and get successfully thrown out by Realmuto. I know he's a decent catcher, good arm but the lead combined with the break I got off the pitcher should not have resulted in this outcome. I likely won't try another event game after witnessing this.  I got frustrated and it went downhill from there. Lost 4-1. The previous years I would've had more interest in their online but seeing things like this or the other issues that have been mentioned many times before mine, make me more inclined to try RTTS.

Comment by parky_8
14 minutes ago

First, they don't just pause unless user hits a button, so that would of been your fault.

Second, Yelich has 45 stealing and only like 75 speed and Cain has 80ish speed and like 54 stealing. They should get thrown out by a decent catcher. 

Stop hating on the game and play better, its simple.

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 2 Likes

ITT: Someone complaining that stealing is too hard? Good grief.

I have a good catcher, use button accuracy well, and still have guys running all over the place and I have no chance to throw them out. It's ridiculous.

If Dee Gordon gets a single, it might as well be a triple. I almost lose games to crappy players because of bloops and out of control baserunning. Had a game earlier where the guy managed 0 hits in 3 innings and still almost managed a run.

Anyone have any tips for dealing with this silliness? Thanks if so.

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 1 Like

First people were complaining about how you can't get thrown out.  Now we have people complaining about getting thrown out...  I should quit too because I had Dee Gordon get thrown out.  It should be an automatic steal.  I think this solves it! 

People just like to complain. 

about 1 month ago 1 Like

I actually threw out Billy Hamilton at 3rd last night with Sanchez, it felt pretty damn good. But yeah he stole 2B on me with ease.

ITT: Someone complaining that stealing is too hard? Good grief.

I have a good catcher, use button accuracy well, and still have guys running all over the place and I have no chance to throw them out. It's ridiculous.

If Dee Gordon gets a single, it might as well be a triple. I almost lose games to crappy players because of bloops and out of control baserunning. Had a game earlier where the guy managed 0 hits in 3 innings and still almost managed a run.

Anyone have any tips for dealing with this silliness? Thanks if so.

Comment by Qeltar_
17 minutes ago

Exactly. The stealing in this game is rampant and not to mention unrealistic for a “Sim” baseball game. I got opponents stealing with guys like Aaron Judge or even guys with like 50ish speed. They do it because they know they have a good chance since the animations/fielding is bad. 

If stealing is this easy next year and players exploit it, I’m done. I won’t play a game that considers itself a Sim baseball game when in reality it’s just a cheese fest. 

Stealing is WAY too easy in this game and that's made worse by the fact that pitchouts are useless because apparently nobody does any gameplay testing before release.

about 1 month ago

That said, this event is still way better than the last one, since the teams are much more balanced.

The last guy I played, who cheesed a run using Gordon, lost 2-1 because he (like it seems most players) had no idea how to pitch.

I'm continually amazed at how little people know about pitching in this game.

I'm actually 5-0 and on the leaderboard. I should quit now, while I'm ahead. :)

about 1 month ago

Or u could be like me and have no LS cards left! I put together a team of silvers just to partake in this event. Everyone will be sold once again after 

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 1 Like

Low key a silver squad might be the best bet. You've got guys like gallo, Schwarber, etc that absolutely rake.

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

Wasn't a steal glitch that happened to me. Had runners at 1st and 2nd with no outs. Hit a deep-ish fly ball which advanced the runners to 2nd and 3rd...until Acuna kept rounding 2nd and got tagged out between 2nd and 3rd. Had never seen anything like it. 

about 1 month ago

I just wish pitching was consistent with “offline” play on DD. I finished up the play vs cpu for the Finest card (got Baez), and pitched a combined 3-hitter (I think) against Boston on HOF. 7 innings pitched with Hershiser, giving up 2 or 3 hits, 2 of which were solo shots off pitches in the black. 

Then I jumped on RS, Hershiser selected again, and it had a completely different feel. I didn’t get any of that last year on 17. 

about 1 month ago

Comment by parky_8
about 4 hours ago

Thats probably one of the things that I have noticed... if you aren't taking bigger leads and/or opponent isn't totally oblivious that you are running then you tend to get thrown out on a straight steal and/or hit and run attempt after a swing and miss. Always feels like your baserunner gets stuck in the mud... not much you can do about it except sign up for 19's Alpha and if this is an issue in the Alpha give that feedback to SDS.

about 1 month ago

i really enjoy this event - i need 1 more bobblehead from stan musial program - super fun idea to mix it up get back to playing with Scary Gary again, the gold Bellinger rocks hard too - first event game with him he hit a cannon out of baltimore