You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Pre Order Diamonds, Is anyone not going to choose Kerry Wood???

10 days ago

I didnt see any other diamond worth having over a decent amount of time in the game? Most of them were at best a platoon player

10 days ago 1 Like

I know there are still 10 left, maybe they are leaving the studs for the end???

10 days ago

I'm going back and forth between a SP and a C.  I'll wait to see what the attributes are for the cards before making my final decision.  

10 days ago

If I were planning on keeping my pre order diamond (at this point I think I will probably sell right away), I would likely take one of the Catchers considering the lack of good depth with no really good ones being shown so far as being available right away.

10 days ago

I haven’t watched much of the streams, so I don’t know if they’ve shown any of the actual attributes for those cards. Going in blind, I’m thinking Lou Gehrig since I’m a Yankee fan. I know there will be other good first basemen early on, but I’d still love to use it before really OP 1st basemen come out. Who knows how difficult it will be to get a better Gehrig further down the line. Chipper Jones and Kerry Wood are close seconds for me. I may change my mind based on who I get in my pre-order and digital deluxe packs.

10 days ago 5 Likes

With a bb/9 of 34, I will pass.  

10 days ago

You kidding? That card is sick! Been waiting for yrs for K-Kid, to be honest only reason I pre-ordered...SDS broke me lol! Why can’t I quit them?

10 days ago 2 Likes

No because there are no diamond live series catchers

10 days ago

I was a dead no......to get the game like last year. Last year the babe and vlad sucked me in......this year Kerry Wood has be drawn in....plus a card i most certainly keep in my lineup ALL year long......the others not so much

10 days ago 2 Likes

I wouldn't waste a diamond pick on a pitcher but if i did, I'd probably lean more towards Bob Feller.

10 days ago

Joe Carter is where my heart is as a Jays fan 

Gwyn, Wood, and Thomas all have me intrested 

I will be keeping my pick as I am really going to collect the cards I want this year. Andrew Jones will be my 1st inning pick this I already know

Show Replies
10 days ago 3 Likes

Their are 10 left to show and no way I pick wood with that terrible control and BB/9 tbh

10 days ago 1 Like

With how they have stated control is going to affect your secondary pitches, Wood seems like a huge risk.

10 days ago 2 Likes

I didnt see any other diamond worth having over a decent amount of time in the game? Most of them were at best a platoon player

Comment by murrdawg777
about 4 hours ago

I think you are overvaluing Kerry Wood.  After watching the stream, I think at least  half of those cards could be useful .  2B and C are dog crap this year (at least live series).  Posey would probably stay in my lineup for awhile.  Starting pitchers, to me, just aren't as valuable.  Especially when you're trying to fill out a lineup early in the year.  

10 days ago 1 Like

So....I don't see anyone saying they are going to take barry larkin.....is power really the only thing that matters in the game for hitters? 

Show Replies
10 days ago 4 Likes

One of the reasons why I’m not choosing a SP is because of how frustrating it can become when they are not chosen after 4 games played. I want a card that I know for a fact that I’ll be able to use right away. One specific starter is just randomness when it comes to playing in DD.

10 days ago 1 Like

Tom Seaver... Kerry Wood would be someone I'd get down the line

10 days ago 1 Like

I am considering (at this point) taking a catcher. All live series catchers are golds and below. Posey would be a good first month or so catcher.

It also depends on the last 10 cards I suppose.

10 days ago

Can't see myself choosing a pitcher. Unless it's Oswalt because ASTROS. I'm leaning toward Kinsler or Posey since LS players are junk in those positions except Altuve which means he'll be hella expensive. I'm had a good experience with Frank Thomas so maybe him. Not too concerned bc we can pick these up throughout the year.

10 days ago

Where can I see a list of these diamonds?

10 days ago

Where can I see a list of these diamonds?

Comment by MyLaWrZ099
2 minutes ago

https://theshownation.com/forums/10001-diamond-dynasty/topics/130567-list-of-30-special-edition-diamonds

Show Replies
10 days ago

Finley, Chipper, The Big Hurt-Tough choices out there.  I do wonder what they'll be worth in the market, at least initially? 

10 days ago 1 Like

Back in the day, I used to try and draft Kendall for my fantasy baseball team, so right now I'm leaning towards him for nostalgia's sake.

10 days ago

So....I don't see anyone saying they are going to take barry larkin.....is power really the only thing that matters in the game for hitters? 

Comment by TICKTOCKPRIME
about 1 hour ago

Power is king in real life baseball. 

10 days ago

2nd base will be the weakest position right out of the gate this year again. Yes C has no LS diamonds, but the golds are still better than the 2nd basemen.  And the only diamond 2nd is Altuve and he will cost a ton and doesnt have a lot of power. So that Kinsler will probably be the top pick.  I am guessing.

Show Replies