You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Immortals by another name

11 days ago 1 Like

Sorry SDS, the signature series are just immortals where you eliminated an outlier split and are going to ruin the endgame just like in 18.  The problem is not all players were created equal and thus while there may be more signature than immortals, the reality is there will be clear cut favorites at each position and whoever has those cards will have and edge. I really don’t see why they couldn’t have just stuck with 17’s model of using single years, which would also have the side effect of keeping the LS cards relevant (which they won’t be after April this year). 

Other than the new immortals the stream/game look great from a content standpoint. 

11 days ago 3 Likes

No it really isn’t... everything that made immortals a problem is gone for SS cards. You guys really just refuse to read the established differences mentioned by SDS

11 days ago 1 Like

No it really isn’t... everything that made immortals a problem is gone for SS cards. You guys really just refuse to read the established differences mentioned by SDS

Comment by SwaggyD4803
7 minutes ago

You have to be kidding. These are based on a combination of career averages and prime years and thus are exactly like immortals but for taking out that one odd year where a lefty killed lefties. And the bigger point is that because of how these are made, there are going to be some way better than the others that everyone will need to compete (ie same lineups in WS). Sorry, but Duke Snider’s best year was a 170 wins created Trouts career average is 172. They are immortals. 

Show Replies
11 days ago 2 Likes

I mean let's be honest, everyone has the same 20-30 cards in their lineups at the end of the season anyway so...

11 days ago 4 Likes

This is an ultimate team game, there is going to be a group of cards that are simply the best. Name them whatever you want, Immortals/Signature, it doesn’t matter. Players will play the game in order to get them and I gurantee you, and I don’t care how many there are to choose from, by later in the game the best of the best and most popular of these cards will be figured out and you’ll see those same cards more times than not in your games. Why do you think we see all year long....”who should I get?” posts. Players want to run what everyone is because they feel like that’s the thing to do in order for they’re best chance to win. 

They can’t make every card end game worthy hence why you see these kinds of cards (Immortals/Sig) in these games. Madden has Ultimate Legends and Golden Tickets, these cards are just the same. I would get used to these high end cards being in the game every year, they’ll just have different names. I’m not surprised one bit of the Sig Series, in fact I expected it, there has to be cards like this in these types of games. 

11 days ago 3 Likes

This is an ultimate team game, there is going to be a group of cards that are simply the best. Name them whatever you want, Immortals/Signature, it doesn’t matter. Players will play the game in order to get them and I gurantee you, and I don’t care how many there are to choose from, by later in the game the best of the best and most popular of these cards will be figured out and you’ll see those same cards more times than not in your games. Why do you think we see all year long....”who should I get?” posts. Players want to run what everyone is because they feel like that’s the thing to do in order for they’re best chance to win. 

They can’t make every card end game worthy hence why you see these kinds of cards (Immortals/Sig) in these games. Madden has Ultimate Legends and Golden Tickets, these cards are just the same. I would get used to these high end cards being in the game every year, they’ll just have didn’t names. I’m not surprised one bit of the Sig Series, in fact I expected it, there has to be cards like this in these types of games. 

Comment by chuckers_09
25 minutes ago

Very well stated... IDK why/how people don't understand this concept! It's the same theme every year yet people just continue to whine and complain. 

Show Replies
10 days ago

Do you like complain about everything? Why dont you make your own baseball game, you seem like a whiner(winner).

Show Replies
10 days ago

Is all you do complain? 

10 days ago

Sorry SDS, the signature series are just immortals where you eliminated an outlier split and are going to ruin the endgame just like in 18.  The problem is not all players were created equal and thus while there may be more signature than immortals, the reality is there will be clear cut favorites at each position and whoever has those cards will have and edge. I really don’t see why they couldn’t have just stuck with 17’s model of using single years, which would also have the side effect of keeping the LS cards relevant (which they won’t be after April this year). 

Other than the new immortals the stream/game look great from a content standpoint. 

Comment by GradektheBard
about 16 hours ago

Immortals didn’t ruin 18.  Not even close.

Random pitching and hitting ruined 18.

Show Replies