You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Pitch speeds in 15...

11 days ago

I started playing in 16, how were the pitch speeds in 15?

11 days ago

Fast as [censored].  Loved it.

11 days ago

Yes, make people have to have a monitor to have a shot in hell, sounds like that's really showing who's "skilled."

Show Replies
11 days ago 1 Like

Yes, make people have to have a monitor to have a shot in hell, sounds like that's really showing who's "skilled."

Comment by ag1982
18 minutes ago

I play on a 55" Vizio with game mode dude.  Still get to WS.

11 days ago

Comment by ag1982
29 minutes ago

Only way you play on legend h2h is if you are WS playing another WS player in RS.  

Ramone said the drop off from legend to HOF is pretty significant.

11 days ago

Comment by ag1982
about 4 hours ago

Only way you play on legend h2h is if you are WS playing another WS player in RS.  

Comment by Chuck_Dizzle29
about 4 hours ago

Still doesn't change my point about them failing to understand where the skill gap should be. Anybody that you are using as a batter in DD, even the bronze guys (hell, even the common guys), know how to turn on an up and in fastball if they know it's coming. The skilled players should be those that recognize pitcher tendencies, sit on the pitch they know it's coming, and be correct.

Show Replies
10 days ago

Comment by ag1982
about 13 hours ago

about 12 hours ago

Still doesn't change my point about them failing to understand where the skill gap should be. Anybody that you are using as a batter in DD, even the bronze guys (hell, even the common guys), know how to turn on an up and in fastball if they know it's coming. The skilled players should be those that recognize pitcher tendencies, sit on the pitch they know it's coming, and be correct.

Comment by ag1982
about 8 hours ago

Not every hitter in MLB is a good fastball hitter.  Not every MLB is a good hitter.  An up and in fastball is one of the better pitches in the game.  Hard to time it accurately and get good extension on the pitch to drive it.

If you are expecting an up and in fastball in the game, get one, and don't execute your input I don't see how that's anyone's fault but your own.  

Do you not listen to Mark DeRosa?  "I used to sit fastball middle away, but that slider off the plate was a real nightmare for me".

10 days ago

about 13 hours ago

Comment by ag1982
about 9 hours ago

Not every hitter in MLB is a good fastball hitter.  Not every MLB is a good hitter.  An up and in fastball is one of the better pitches in the game.  Hard to time it accurately and get good extension on the pitch to drive it.

If you are expecting an up and in fastball in the game, get one, and don't execute your input I don't see how that's anyone's fault but your own.  

Do you not listen to Mark DeRosa?  "I used to sit fastball middle away, but that slider off the plate was a real nightmare for me".

about 1 hour ago

An up and in fastball is one of the better pitches because you can't just look for an up and in fastball and it will smoke you if you're not. Any major league hitter, however, will know to hit an up and in fastball if they know it's coming. Some will crush it more than others (power). Some are better at hitting fastballs than they are at hitting curve balls because all they are looking for is a fastball to crush regardless of the pitcher knowing that (dead red quirk). If you are hitting, not the batter, the dead red quirk (or the opposite) makes no sense because you are the one lining up the PCI and the hit should reflect that and not take the quirk into account.

Well that is the point. If the game thinks that that the way to show the skill gap more is to increase the difficulty of execution rather than to increase the precision of sitting on it (for example, shrinking the PCI size like you see in 18 but not enough and still having foul balls when your PCI didn't even touch the ball), that is a fundamental problem with the game.

Exactly, because he was sitting on a fastball and got the slider made him swing and miss because it looked like the pitch he was sitting on and then tailed outside.

Bottom line: a good pitcher might spam one pitch but they don't spam one pitch and location. Any hitter that knows a pitch and location is coming and still can't handle it would be back to the minors/cages fixing the problem because that's all they would get from pitchers IRL.

10 days ago

Comment by ag1982
about 11 hours ago

about 3 hours ago

An up and in fastball is one of the better pitches because you can't just look for an up and in fastball and it will smoke you if you're not. Any major league hitter, however, will know to hit an up and in fastball if they know it's coming. Some will crush it more than others (power). Some are better at hitting fastballs than they are at hitting curve balls because all they are looking for is a fastball to crush regardless of the pitcher knowing that (dead red quirk). If you are hitting, not the batter, the dead red quirk (or the opposite) makes no sense because you are the one lining up the PCI and the hit should reflect that and not take the quirk into account.

Well that is the point. If the game thinks that that the way to show the skill gap more is to increase the difficulty of execution rather than to increase the precision of sitting on it (for example, shrinking the PCI size like you see in 18 but not enough and still having foul balls when your PCI didn't even touch the ball), that is a fundamental problem with the game.

Exactly, because he was sitting on a fastball and got the slider made him swing and miss because it looked like the pitch he was sitting on and then tailed outside.

Bottom line: a good pitcher might spam one pitch but they don't spam one pitch and location. Any hitter that knows a pitch and location is coming and still can't handle it would be back to the minors/cages fixing the problem because that's all they would get from pitchers IRL.

Comment by ag1982
about 2 hours ago

How much have you played on legend difficulty this year?  I have played quite a bit both against the CPU completing the Conquest Extreme grind and h2h in the The Show Generations league.  The overall consensus is fastballs are too slow.  Our skill levels are pretty spread out as well, the majority of us are far from elite players at the game.  We have TV players and monitor players. 

Based on what they've told us, they've rebalanced the game in terms of difficulty to better match the skills of the users. The game was to hard on the lower difficulties and to easy in the upper difficulties.  It doesn't matter what players you use if you can't execute the inputs correctly.  This isn't a personal attack on you, but if you want to play at a high level against other players that is something you are going to have to be able to do.  If you don't show the ability to take something away, no one is going to give you a break.  

The other thing to account for is no one has played this game yet.  We have been told that timing and pitch selection will have more impact this year.  We'll have to see how that translates into game play.

I know you are using your experience in 17 and your own identified struggles against up and in fastballs.  I didn't have that problem when I played on my 55in TV or when I got a monitor, but I know some players felt that way.  Getting good timing wasn't the issue in that game.  The timing window was the problem.  It was hard to get good timing and keep the pitch fair.  In 18 the timing window to the pull side was opened up.  That doesn't appear to have been changed going into 19 either.    

10 days ago

Comment by ag1982
about 20 hours ago

I play on a 55" Vizio with game mode dude.  Still get to WS.

Comment by Ikasnu
about 19 hours ago

Glad to hear someone say that. I stopped playing on a monitor (and DD online) in August. Now my Playstation is in the living room hooked up to my 2017 65" 4k Samsung. It was a $2,300 TV a couple short years ago, so I'm hoping I can compete with it. Probably not gonna go back to a monitor this year.

Show Replies
10 days ago

Honestly I think at launch they will faster than 15 but they will patch it eventually to be 16  speed may be a little slower depending on reactions of people. I hope not cause I like a challenge.