You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

List of 30 special-edition diamonds

15 days ago 1 Like

I'm gonna have to pick (as of now) between Gehrig, Williams, Gwynn and Musial.

I've seen a few people leaning towards a pitcher and that to me is a head scratcher.  Why would you waste a free diamond on a pitcher when theres no guarantee he'll be auto selected to start any games for you?  

15 days ago
This comment has been deleted.
15 days ago

I guess these will be great in the first 2-3 weeks but will quickly be replaced by an upgraded card.

15 days ago

I guess these will be great in the first 2-3 weeks but will quickly be replaced by an upgraded card.

Comment by je8675309
7 minutes ago

I don't know, it seems to me that if you pick the right card this year he could remain in your lineup for a pretty long time. There are some pretty good cards here.

15 days ago

I've seen a few people leaning towards a pitcher and that to me is a head scratcher.  Why would you waste a free diamond on a pitcher when theres no guarantee he'll be auto selected to start any games for you?  

Comment by Easy_Duhz_It_
about 4 hours ago

I can’t speak for everyone else but for myself, it’s because you need 5 starting pitchers all year and a diamond SP has a good chance of remaining on my roster longer than a hitter does especially at a position like 1B. 

15 days ago

Comment by Easy_Duhz_It_
about 4 hours ago

I can’t speak for everyone else but for myself, it’s because you need 5 starting pitchers all year and a diamond SP has a good chance of remaining on my roster longer than a hitter does especially at a position like 1B. 

Comment by CaptainMal10
29 minutes ago

While thats true, you can still get high end golds without breaking the bank but getting a diamond 1B to replace someone like Gehrig won't be cheap.

14 days ago

I'm definitely picking Seaver and if I do what I have done since they started doing the GameStop special edition (the last two years I believe)  I'll get Jackie Robinson from that pack... especially hoping for some type of Jackie Robinson Day mission that requires use of one of his cards... but something tells me they might release a Moment or Moments for Jackie Robinson that day... which I'd be perfectly fine with as well.

Show Replies
14 days ago

From the latest Gamestop monday looks like down the road a future reward will be another choice of the 30. How sweet will that be. Makes sense since gamers will be bidding through the market for others.....so you could have another swing at a good player.

13 days ago 1 Like

Twins is the IV Dozier. 

13 days ago 1 Like

Tom Seaver was my favorite pitching Immortal in 2018. Depends on his fastball  vs off speed pitches and how much of a difference in speed they are. Big difference, Seaver all day, if not a big difference. Larkin is a top notch fielder, fast and gets his contact. Hit well with him in 2018 as well. Might be the move!

11 days ago

Updated 3/14

11 days ago

LMAO at Kerry Wood only being an 88 overall. You youngins that program these games need to go back and watch how good he was then. 

Show Replies
10 days ago

I think the smart play is Jason Kendall, but since so many people wanna go with who they like in real life or be biased to their favorite team, I'm guessing the Pirates are on the low end of the spectrum.

Since I preordered digitally and physically, I'm in line for a couple so I think I'm definitely leaning Kendall for one but it depends on if I get lucky at certain positions ripping the preorder packs. 

10 days ago

I was thinking I was originally going to take Gerhig, but his card does not look that great to me at all for a 1B.  He does have LF/RF too, but with defense so much more important, I think I'll pass on that.  His bat on that card just lacks big power that other 1B have.  He wouldn't be in the lineup for long before he would be replaced.

That being said, without seeing the last 10 cards, leaning toward the '94 Tony Gwynn or Chipper.  For Tony, 125/121 contact is amazing, and actually has sneaking power VS RH.  Chipper also has great contact attrbutes and solid power vs RH and a switch hitter.  3rd option is Kendall, who I agree is an awesome catcher with contact and speed.  Really good.  I think that these 3 card will sell for the most on the market and have a chance to stay in your lineup the longest.  Dont really want any pitching, more the reasons already mentioned in this thread.........Can't wait to see the final 10.    

4 days ago

Done 3/21

4 days ago

I really had a feeling they’d throw a Nolan Ryan in just to make everyone rethink the choices they had already made. Seaver, Wood, and Ryan for free....sheeeeesh

3 days ago

Who is gonna be the hero to gather the known attributes?? I believe in you guys.