You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

List of 30 special-edition diamonds

18 days ago 7 Likes

Overall, player, year/type, position, team

87 Frank Thomas 1991 B.O.   1st base, White Sox

89 Tom Seaver      1969 B.O.  Pitcher, Mets

89 Roy Oswalt       2001 Rookie  Pitcher, Astros

88 Stan Musial      1944 P.S.  RF, Cardinals

88 Kerry Wood      1998 H.W.  Pitcher, Cubs

87 Curtis Granderson  2007 B.O.  CF, Tigers

87 Ted Williams     1939 Rookie  RF, Red Sox

88 Tony Gwynn       1994 Veteran RF, Padres

87 Lou Gehrig        1925 Rookie 1B, Yankees

88 Jackie Robinson  1954 A.S.  LF, Dodgers

87 Jason Kendall     1998 A.S.  C, Pirates

87 Chipper Jones     2008 A.S.  3B, Braves

87 Steve Finley        2000 A.S.  CF, Dbacks

87 Barry Larkin        1990 P.S.  SS  Reds

87 Cliff Floyd           2001  A.S.  CF  Marlins

89 Bob Feller          1939  B.O.  P Indians

87 Buster Posey    2010 H.W.  C Giants

87 Joe Carter        1993 P.S.  RF, Blue Jays

87 Ian Kinsler        2008 B.O.  2B  Rangers

87 Mike Schmidt    1986 H.W.  1B  Phillies

87 Rickey Henderson 1980 B.O. LF A's

87 Johnny Damon   2000 B.O.   CF Royals

88 Evan Longo 2009 A.S.  3B Rays

87 Robin Yount 1980 B.O.  SS Brewers

89 Nolan Ryan 1974 Vet.  P  Angels

87 Matt Holiday 2007 A.S.  LF Rockies

88 Felix Hernandez  2010 H.W.  P Mariners

87 Cal Ripken  1983 B.O.  SS Orioles

88 Gary Carter  1981 P.S. C  Expos

87 Torii Hunter   2002 A.S. CF Twins

18 days ago

Thanks for the list.  I haven't been following the streams.  Have they shown the actual cards with the stats, or just the overall rating?  I thought Andruw Jones was going to be one of these starter diamonds, but maybe he was just announced as a new legend since Chipper is listed here.   Based on this list I'm torn between Chipper Jones and Lou Gehrig.  I loved the Chipper rookie card in 17.  I got the diamond left fielder version very late in the game's life, so he never got much use.  Never unlocked the 99.  A switch hitting 3rd baseman with pop early on could be very useful.  On the other hand, I'm a huge Yankee fan and would love to give Gehrig a shot.  Tough choice.

Show Replies
18 days ago

I plan on picking the card that is selling for the most on the market and get a decent amount of stubs from it to start building my team. Though I might just pick someone like Gehrig or Chipper to be on my lineup day 1.

Show Replies
18 days ago 1 Like

Overall, player, year/type, position. 

87 Frank Thomas 1991 B.O.   1st base

89 Tom Seaver      1969 B.O.  Pitcher

89 Roy Oswalt       2001 Rookie  Pitcher

88 Stan Musial      1944 P.S.  RF

88 Kerry Wood      1998 H.W.  Pitcher

87 Curtis Granderson  2007 B.O.  CF

87 Ted Williams     1939 Rookie  LF

88 Tony Gwynn      1994 Veteran RF

87 Lou Gehrig       1925 Rookie 1B

88 Jackie Robinson  1954 A.S.  LF

87 Jason Kendall     1998 A.S.  C

87 Chipper Jones     2008 A.S.  3B

Comment by thinkbluedgr
about 1 hour ago

great post very helpful and who else is excited for THE IRON HORSE

18 days ago

I was super happy to see Lou Gehrig, unless someone else is posted up in the 30 players, thats who Ill be getting

18 days ago

My plan is to go for a catcher, short stop, or pitcher.  Those are the positions that I have trouble filling my RS team with early on.  

We don't have a short stop, 2nd baseman, RP or CP yet.   

18 days ago 1 Like

Don't mean to mention this again, but none of these cards are pre-order rewards...

18 days ago

Don't mean to mention this again, but none of these cards are pre-order rewards...

Comment by seethe3
8 minutes ago

They are calling them "pre-order diamonds" in the streams.   But it's listed that they come with the game so I'm not sure.   

Show Replies
18 days ago

Comment by seethe3
24 minutes ago

They are calling them "pre-order diamonds" in the streams.   But it's listed that they come with the game so I'm not sure.   

Comment by thinkbluedgr
16 minutes ago

It's pretty clear on the order page(s). 

Show Replies
18 days ago

Comment by seethe3
28 minutes ago

Comment by thinkbluedgr
20 minutes ago

Special edition diamonds come with any edition above the standard edition and you don't need to preorder to get the choice pack. 

17 days ago

Thanks for posting the list!

Man, I am really torn on what card to pick so far.  I wish we could see the attributes of the card before picking.  

Show Replies
17 days ago

I thought I remember Ramone mentioned that these cards (call them pre-order or special edition) are available day one and sellable, but will also be available at a later date in some other form. 

Show Replies
17 days ago

This is going to be a very hard choice. Really leaning toward Stan Musial, but I'd love to have Kerry Wood as well. We'll have to see who else is going to be available for picking. Either way, it's going to be a very tough choice.

17 days ago 1 Like

The strat may be to pick a guy like Kendall.  That was his best year and will be his best card.  You never know how quickly they may add a better Musial, Gehrig, or Chipper card.

Show Replies
17 days ago

It would be awesome to have Tom Terrific, but unless they fix the random selection of pitchers which often skips your best pitchers for match up reasons,Kinda makes him obsolete. If contact is a thing in this game I will go with Jackie 42. 

17 days ago

You should add the team they are with, because it shows that you will pick the player based on the team.

Show Replies
17 days ago

It's between Gehrig and wood for me. Will we be able to see stats for the players before we choose? 

Show Replies
17 days ago
This comment has been deleted.
Show Replies
17 days ago

Chipper looks like my pick so far

17 days ago

WHAT?! No Pepe Alazar! 

*cancel preorder*

Show Replies
17 days ago

I plan on picking the card that is selling for the most on the market and get a decent amount of stubs from it to start building my team. Though I might just pick someone like Gehrig or Chipper to be on my lineup day 1.

Comment by DieHardDetroit
about 17 hours ago

It'll be between Chipper and Kendall for me, as the Pirates and Braves are my teams. I may pick Kendal solely based on the fact that getting a 87 catcher early would be great!

17 days ago

I will have to look at the individual stats before I make my choice...Chipper, Gehrig, Musial, and Thomas lol seem decent. I will also depend on the programs (i.e. BO, PS, HW, etc.) that may be available.

17 days ago 1 Like

Here are the images pulled from the streams:

http://acesdd.com/cards.html

16 days ago

I won't be picking a pitcher, but based on the cards so far and if fastball is king this year with offspeed effectiveness reduced, the 2 best cards might be Wood and Oswalt.

If that Chipper's power ratings take into consideration the amount of games he missed (22 HR in 128 games, 1.044 OPS), that might be the card to have with switch hitting and presumably positional flexibility.  The Thomas card could be the best raw offensive card so far considering he hit .318, 30+ HR and doubles, 1.006 OPS.  If I had to pick today I'd take one of these two.

16 days ago 1 Like

White Sox  Mets Astros Cardinals Cubs Tigers Red Sox Padres Yankees Dodgers Brave Pirates

Teams Left

1. Rays (Fred McGriff)
  2. Orioles (Brooks Robinson)
  3. Jays (Joe Carter)
  4. Twins (Harmon Killabrew)
  5. Athletics (Catfish Hunter)
  6. Mariners (Edgar Martinez)
  7. Reds (Barry Larkin)
  8. Nationals (Andrew Dawson)
  9. Phillies (Mike Schmidt)
  10. Dbacks (Luis Gonzalez)
  11. Giants (Willy McCovey)