You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

MLB The Show 19 *Confirmed* New Legends (thru Mar. 21)

about 1 month ago 16 Likes

Here are all the confirmed legends for the new game and where they were first revealed. Speculate which cards you'd like to see of each player by checking out their BaseballReference pages. I'll update this list as more legends are revealed.

1. Christy Mathewson (First gameplay trailer)

2. Ty Cobb (First gameplay trailer)

3. Jason Kendall (First gameplay trailer)

4. Rob Dibble (First gameplay trailer)

5. Willie Mays (First gameplay trailer)

6. Jimmie Foxx (Defense Overhaul Twitch stream)

7. Iván "Pudge" Rodríguez (Hitting Twitch stream)

8. Cliff Lee (GameStop Monday RTTS video - Feb. 18)

9. Andruw Jones (RTTS Twitch stream)

10. Walter Johnson (RTTS Twitch stream)

11. Kerry Wood (Moments Twitch stream)

12. Cy Young (Moments Twitch stream)

13. Mark Prior (Moments Twitch stream)

14. Rogers Hornsby (Moments Twitch stream)

15. Lou Gehrig (March to October Twitch stream)

16. Hal Newhouser (Diamond Dynasty Twitch stream)

17. Bret Boone (Diamond Dynasty Twitch stream)

18. Don Mattingly (Diamond Dynasty Twitch stream)

19. A.J. Burnett (Diamond Dynasty Twitch stream)

20. Rickey Henderson (GameStop Monday Legends & Flashbacks video - Mar. 18)

21. Torii Hunter (Dev Tournament Twitch stream)

about 1 month ago

Are we counting returning legends?  Because if so...

6. Ken Griffey Jr (1st trailer)

7. Babe Ruth (1st Trailer)

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 1 Like

I'll take that 1955 Willy Mays... Thanks!

about 1 month ago 4 Likes

I hope contact hitting is better, otherwise cobb won't be much help

about 1 month ago 3 Likes

Rockies need a new Legend.  Only so many years can Dante Bichette do it.

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 4 Likes

Comment by Ikasnu
4 minutes ago

Larry walker or Helton would be nice

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

Comment by Ikasnu
about 7 hours ago

Larry walker or Helton would be nice

Comment by Quinn3_1_13
about 7 hours ago

I'm not a Rockies fan, but Larry Walker's MVP season, HW card would be awesome. 

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

Helton's steroid card ;)

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 1 Like

Are we counting returning legends?  Because if so...

6. Ken Griffey Jr (1st trailer)

7. Babe Ruth (1st Trailer)

Comment by SaveFarris
about 12 hours ago

Don't forget Tony Gwynn from the trailer as well

about 1 month ago

Looking forward to Dibble. I remember him from some game on Sega Genesis. Didn't have much stamina, but had the most powerful fastball.

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

Looking forward to Dibble. I remember him from some game on Sega Genesis. Didn't have much stamina, but had the most powerful fastball.

Comment by dcmo3
8 minutes ago

Yeah, he had high 90s fastball and a devastating slider that if I remember correctly touched 90.

about 1 month ago

Comment by jkippe
about 9 hours ago

I hope contact hitting is better, otherwise Jason Kendall won't be much help

FTFY

about 1 month ago

I would take any of these cards below

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrBrW4VAjiM/

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 1 Like

Comment by jkippe
about 9 hours ago

I hope when rebalancing attributes they relied less on HR's being so important for power. 

Ty Cobb had power, but he didn't like to play the game that way.  My favorite Cobb story is in May of 1925 he told a reporter that, for the first time in his career, he was going to swing for the fences. That day, he went 6 for 6, with two singles, a double and three home runs. The 16 total bases set a new AL record, which stood until May 8, 2012 when Josh Hamilton hit four home runs and a double for a total of 18 bases.  The next day he had three more hits, two of which were home runs. The single his first time up gave him nine consecutive hits over three games. His five homers in two games tied a record shared with Cap Anson.  Cobb wanted to show that he could hit home runs when he wanted, but simply chose not to do so. At the end of the series, the 38-year-old veteran superstar had gone 12 for 19 with 29 total bases and then went happily back to his usual bunting and hitting-and-running. 

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

Comment by dcmo3
about 1 hour ago

Yeah, he had high 90s fastball and a devastating slider that if I remember correctly touched 90.

Comment by nflman2033
43 minutes ago

I think we had a different game, or mine was just older. In mine he threw 109 or 111, which was almost unhittable. Made up a little bit for the NL not having any power pitchers, although Maddux's circle change was pretty good. Still the AL had Cone, Clemens, and someone else. You could pick the same pitcher more than once, and my so called bud never wanted to play the NL, so I never saw anything but pure speed.

about 1 month ago

Comment by dcmo3
about 1 hour ago

Comment by nflman2033
about 1 hour ago

I think we had a different game, or mine was just older. In mine he threw 109 or 111, which was almost unhittable. Made up a little bit for the NL not having any power pitchers, although Maddux's circle change was pretty good. Still the AL had Cone, Clemens, and someone else. You could pick the same pitcher more than once, and my so called bud never wanted to play the NL, so I never saw anything but pure speed.

Comment by dcmo3
5 minutes ago

Lol, I was talking about the real Rob Dibble.

Yeah games back then he had nasty stuff.

Not sure what game you are talking about, but probably played it. I played them all. 

Big ones that time was Sports Talk baseball and of course RBI baseball. 

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

How do you think they'll make the stats for really old pitchers like Matthewson? I mean the dude had nearly 400 innings in a season, and his k/9 was well below average for today's standards. But it was a different game back then

Show Replies
about 1 month ago 1 Like

My number 1 guy that I would love to see as a Marlins fan would have to be Sheffield! That would be so cool!

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

Comment by dcmo3
about 3 hours ago

Comment by nflman2033
about 3 hours ago

I remember Dibble (on the Dan Patrick and the Nasty Boy radio show) years ago claiming he threw 105/106 mph. At least he said that's what the stadium gun showed on the board.

about 1 month ago 1 Like

Comment by jkippe
about 12 hours ago

I hope contact hitting is better, otherwise Jason Kendall won't be much help

FTFY

Comment by Coach_Monk
about 4 hours ago

This is part of what they are pushing in regards to this years game... how it pans out when we get to the online h2h environment will be what ultimately tells the story. If they are able to pull this off it takes care of one of the main issues from 18.

about 1 month ago

Comment by dcmo3
about 5 hours ago

Comment by nflman2033
about 5 hours ago

I remember Dibble (on the Dan Patrick and the Nasty Boy radio show) years ago claiming he threw 105/106 mph. At least he said that's what the stadium gun showed on the board.

Comment by formallyforearms
about 2 hours ago

I think the highest I remember was like 101. That was back when 101 was jaw dropping. Not as much now

Show Replies
about 1 month ago

*Updated through 1:15 p.m. on Feb. 14*

about 1 month ago

I had to leave for work and missed the end of the stream. Happy to see Jimmie Foxx added.

about 1 month ago

*Updated through 4:45 p.m. on Feb. 14*

about 1 month ago

Returning legends seen in the last video: Boggs, Vizquel, Carew, R. Alomar