You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

New to DD

12 days ago

Hey guys, long time MLB: TS player, but over the years have spent 95% of my time with franchise mode while RttS and a little online here and there have taken up the rest of my time. I've spent very little time with DD. Had a few questions before I start up in '19..

1) Would it be worth investing my time getting some play time in '18 to get the feel for things, or is waiting till '19 the move? Obviously this is opinionated, but just wanted to hear from you guys and what you think.

2) If anyone that spends majority of their time with DD could let me know what they love about it and what things that they feel needs improvement?

3) I'm sure their must be some strategic way to play. I just watched an 8 minute video on Youtube for beginners. Does anyone have any good links or their own tips for me just starting out?

Thanks!

12 days ago 1 Like

Keep your eyes on the ball.Btw! Hitting online sucks.Dont matter what type off cards you have.The show hitting will jerk you.I give this game online an F.

12 days ago

Keep your eyes on the ball.Btw! Hitting online sucks.Dont matter what type off cards you have.The show hitting will jerk you.I give this game online an F.

Comment by XEl-CaRteRoUsPsX
3 minutes ago

So, don't bother with online in DD?

12 days ago

DD has the potential to be very fun, collecting cards and seeing the stats of them as you play is unlike anything else if your a big mlb fan. BUT as the other dude said ranked season play (9-inning games) is so bad that it can make the game not fun

and this is coming from someone who only plays ranked season for the most part

12 days ago

Hey guys, long time MLB: TS player, but over the years have spent 95% of my time with franchise mode while RttS and a little online here and there have taken up the rest of my time. I've spent very little time with DD. Had a few questions before I start up in '19..

1) Would it be worth investing my time getting some play time in '18 to get the feel for things, or is waiting till '19 the move? Obviously this is opinionated, but just wanted to hear from you guys and what you think.

2) If anyone that spends majority of their time with DD could let me know what they love about it and what things that they feel needs improvement?

3) I'm sure their must be some strategic way to play. I just watched an 8 minute video on Youtube for beginners. Does anyone have any good links or their own tips for me just starting out?

Thanks!

Comment by madmann319
about 6 hours ago

1.  If you already purchased 18, then by all means, play.  If you haven't, I wouldn't spend the money...just wait for 19.

2.  I'm weird, but I loved the grind for Immortals.  I would fill my lineups with whoever I needed to advance and just beat the hell out of the White Sox, Orioles, and Marlins.  I just finally started playing online, and I'm terrible, but I take these online games with a grain of salt because its so late in the game.  Hitting does suck online, so that is something they NEED to improve.

3.  Just be patient.  Learn to track the ball.  First few games just use X to hit.

Show Replies
11 days ago

Thanks!

Comment by madmann319
about 22 hours ago

1.  If you already purchased 18, then by all means, play.  If you haven't, I wouldn't spend the money...just wait for 19.

2.  I'm weird, but I loved the grind for Immortals.  I would fill my lineups with whoever I needed to advance and just beat the hell out of the White Sox, Orioles, and Marlins.  I just finally started playing online, and I'm terrible, but I take these online games with a grain of salt because its so late in the game.  Hitting does suck online, so that is something they NEED to improve.

3.  Just be patient.  Learn to track the ball.  First few games just use X to hit.

Comment by Altoidman
about 16 hours ago

Thats exactly what i did/do now. I stopped playing in October and just picked it back up and I'm hooked. I don't have any immortals because I never really tried thta hard, however i have 4-5 career arcs, i'm trying to get Albert Pujols immortal just to do it, so right now I'm just beating the hell out of the Reds, Marlins and Orioles. It's pretty fun. i'm also trying to get to diamond level, i'm at like 92 gold. This was my first year playing and it's all i did. however i made mistakes by buying packs, selling souviners etc. My reccomadation would be to grind out the career arcs, you'll get great players, play the market. Don't rely on packs, buy them for fun every once in a while and hope you get a Trout (hope you have better luck than me)

11 days ago

So, don't bother with online in DD?

I'd play at least a couple of games after you've built your team up just to get a feel for it.  But with being so late in the year, most everyone has a super team.

My advice would be to:

A) do the Future Star and Postseason programs.  This'll get you a bunch of useable cards and Immortal Trout.

B) pick one of the Immortals you want to go after.  Then do that Immortal's Programs and Career Arcs.  

C) Conquest (original recipe) is fun and easy and a few of the cards (edmonds, hamels) are actually useable.

11 days ago

Thanks!

Comment by madmann319
1 day ago

Comment by Altoidman
about 22 hours ago

Lmaoo Who are you to give online advice. Shut ur mouth and speak about what you know offline grinding. Don’t mislead ppl Altoidgirl. And ur giving hitting advice ? To the OP if you need advice to hit the CPU on Rookie then Altoidgirl is the one otherwise just ignore his useless input 

Show Replies
11 days ago 2 Likes

I play almost exclusively DD and I have had a ton of fun in it.  Online hitting is a little bugged but it hasn't been so bad that I stopped enjoying the game.  If you aren't for grinding in missions or if you don't have a strong team to compete in ranked seasons, Battle Royale is a really fun mode that puts everyone on a generally level playing field (roster-wise).  If you want to play 2019 DD, I would probably play some BR in 2018 to get used to playing online competition with different types of players.

10 days ago

Grind out that George Brett double, definitely worth it.