You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Kershaw immortal ?

13 days ago

How do you obtain this card?

13 days ago

How do you obtain this card?

Comment by mrCpops
about 1 hour ago

It was a ranked season's WS reward only. No other way to get it.

13 days ago 2 Likes

Yeah man kind of sucks to make an immortal only available for 1 month and contrary to the promo of all immortals could be earned offline. They should have at least made the ones from rs sellable so folks purchasing the game late in the cycle could have some shot at acquiring the card. Btw immortal Sandberg is the same.

Show Replies
12 days ago 2 Likes

Having immortals as WS rewards is complete BS.  One of the reasons I bought the game was they said Immortals would require NO ONLINE grinding.

12 days ago 2 Likes

Why complain when the best immortals are available offline? I never reached WS, and im ok with not having those 2 cards

12 days ago 1 Like

Having immortals as WS rewards is complete BS.  One of the reasons I bought the game was they said Immortals would require NO ONLINE grinding.

Comment by pootiecat
7 minutes ago

I would love to have that card too.  But they need to reward the best online players in the game somehow.  

You have so many cards available through offline grinding you shouldn't be complaining 

12 days ago 1 Like

Comment by pootiecat
about 1 hour ago

That's a lame way to look at things . entitlement much?

Show Replies
12 days ago 4 Likes

Comment by pootiecat
about 2 hours ago

Comment by sensi_ryda
27 minutes ago

I don't see the entitlement. SDS said what they said, and that no online play was required for immortals. Not only these two, but also Williams and Musial, went against what had been stated.

If they wanted to do what they did, that's not a problem, but don't tell us otherwise.

12 days ago

I think it was good. There has to be a reward worth getting for making World Series, plus every other immortal pitcher was easy to obtain, just time consuming

12 days ago 4 Likes

Imagine being gifted 10 of the best players in this game without having to play a single online game to get them and then having the audacity to complain that you weren’t able to get a couple more because heaven forbid you would have to play online games, the driving force of the game mode itself. Just gross.

Show Replies
12 days ago

Comment by pootiecat
about 3 hours ago

Comment by sensi_ryda
about 2 hours ago

I don't see the entitlement. SDS said what they said, and that no online play was required for immortals. Not only these two, but also Williams and Musial, went against what had been stated.

If they wanted to do what they did, that's not a problem, but don't tell us otherwise.

Comment by dcmo3
about 1 hour ago

So u want all immortals to be obtained by CPU grind ? 

You do realize that a lot of people have similar lineups already ?

I like the fact some guys have ikershaw and isandberg it's refreshing to see different lineups 

12 days ago 3 Likes

The folks that speak of entitlement and rewarding online players etc can't all be deficient in reading comprehension I hope. The point is not one of entitlement nor is it that we don't want rs players rewarded. The point is that during the promotion of the game sds stated that all immortals could be earned offline. I wouldn't play online versus randoms at all by choice. I don't enjoy it half the time. Anyway, another issue I had not thought of was the fact that if you purchased the game after those months there is now no way to obtain those game assets. Kind of lame I think. I think the rs players would have preferred at least the option to sell the cards to the collectors on the market. However sds did keep the promo promise that the immortals could not be sold which brings us back to the main point.....we were told one thing about earning immortals and it was not true.

12 days ago 2 Likes

Comment by sensi_ryda
about 2 hours ago

Comment by dcmo3
about 2 hours ago

So u want all immortals to be obtained by CPU grind ? 

You do realize that a lot of people have similar lineups already ?

I like the fact some guys have ikershaw and isandberg it's refreshing to see different lineups 

Comment by sensi_ryda
34 minutes ago

You and Skep are missing the whole point. The issue isn't whether all immortals should or could be obtained by playing the cpu, but with what SDS stated in the beginning. Either they honor their word or they don't, which in this case they clearly didn't.

If they hadn't come out in the beginning and stated online play wouldn't be required for immortals, then there wouldn't be a problem with what they did.

12 days ago 1 Like

There seems to be a couple of “points” being made here, so who is missing which one is a matter of opinion.

While I follow the logic of those of you arguing SDS did not keep to their word, I am more inclined to disagree with you.

How many immortal cards do you actually need? The few available via online wins/stats/events or reaching WS are hardly must-haves for every team. Sure, Ted is great, but there is no shortage of great lefty bats in the game. Musial is a card many players will bench if they have him, and WS rewards like Sandberg and Kershaw also have plenty of other cards you could lineup in their place. Sabathia and Snell are both very competitive LH starters, as is PS Price. There are plenty of middle infield options as good or better than Sandberg too.

I think you guys complaining about how those few immortal cards were not available to you without playing online are really missing the boat.

The whole point to building your DD team is to test it against other players and that happens online.

Otherwise what is the challenge, playing vs the cpu on HOF or Legend?

Show Replies
12 days ago 2 Likes

Tbh why do we even care that SDS didn't stick to their word? I'm an online player and personally I don't want to have to spend hours on end playing the Orioles on rookie over and over to get the best cards in the game. How can that even be considered fun?

Why is it such a problem that a small minority of immortals require a bit of skill to get? The whole year they were catered to offline players so for players like me it's a breath of fresh air to be able to unlock one without becoming a hermit in my basement for five days.

For instance, the online player got Ted, the offline player got Ruth. Ted is one of the best hitters in the game, but Ruth clearly outmatched him here.

The online player got Feller and Kershaw, the offline player got Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan, and Bob Gibson. Once again, Feller and Kershaw are good, but Seaver is the best pitcher in the game by a wide margin.

And btw the argument that you could just play offline to get these guys is stupid, because for players like me, it's not fun at all. There was no way in HELL that I was gonna sit through 200 innings against the Orioles with 85 Ruth, who was basically the most boring and generic pitcher in the game, and complete that mission. 

Show Replies
12 days ago 2 Likes

Anyone stop and think that what SDS really said was "No online play would be required for the immortals" meaning the ones we stared at for almost 4 months but were there from day one?

Just saying... 

12 days ago

Anyone stop and think that what SDS really said was "No online play would be required for the immortals" meaning the ones we stared at for almost 4 months but were there from day one?

Just saying... 

Comment by jreypr
11 minutes ago

That is a very good point and one that I would like to accept but they should have said these immortals instead of the immortals.  Anyway, it had been fun guys. I got a ton of enjoyment from the game and still play conquest on occasion. Rtts does not sound too good so when the baseball season starts I will start a braves franchise in 18. Hope 19 is all you guys want in a game. Get that Ty Cobb for me, lol.

Cheers

11 days ago 1 Like

The only immortals they said would be obtainable via offline only are the ones we knew at release. They kept their word with those. 

Stan, Ted, Sandburg and Kershaw were all announced later and never promised to be offline only. 

Get over it. 

11 days ago

Tbh why do we even care that SDS didn't stick to their word? I'm an online player and personally I don't want to have to spend hours on end playing the Orioles on rookie over and over to get the best cards in the game. How can that even be considered fun?

Why is it such a problem that a small minority of immortals require a bit of skill to get? The whole year they were catered to offline players so for players like me it's a breath of fresh air to be able to unlock one without becoming a hermit in my basement for five days.

For instance, the online player got Ted, the offline player got Ruth. Ted is one of the best hitters in the game, but Ruth clearly outmatched him here.

The online player got Feller and Kershaw, the offline player got Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan, and Bob Gibson. Once again, Feller and Kershaw are good, but Seaver is the best pitcher in the game by a wide margin.

And btw the argument that you could just play offline to get these guys is stupid, because for players like me, it's not fun at all. There was no way in HELL that I was gonna sit through 200 innings against the Orioles with 85 Ruth, who was basically the most boring and generic pitcher in the game, and complete that mission. 

Comment by RonCon1987
1 day ago

kinda sucks that the orioles are the only team able to be selected to play against.   

for you and ALL the other ones that are endlessly complaining that you can only play one team in one place on one difficulty to complete missions-here is my prediction  :  you guys were heard and are being taken seriously. all missions in 2019 will be completed on HoF or LED diff vs. teams that were 2nd place or higher in 2018, until middle of may when current standings will be used, no more XBH it will have to be 2B and 3B again, and you will face flashbacks of those teams so lowest rated player is at least gold. and you will have to play all the games in july 1pm at forbes field with still no batters eye, 

Show Replies
11 days ago

Imagine being gifted 10 of the best players in this game without having to play a single online game to get them and then having the audacity to complain that you weren’t able to get a couple more because heaven forbid you would have to play online games, the driving force of the game mode itself. Just gross.

Comment by skepple15
1 day ago

Gifted? Yeah because they cost no time, effort or money (sarcasm). Doing what you say you are going to do is what companies should be held accountable for. The problem is that by not offering the best cards in the game as a reward for making WS causes WS players to complain about the quality of the rewards. So basically everyone gets the shaft at times, great work by all.

11 days ago 1 Like

Oh no, I have to actually play different game modes and be decent at this game to get the best rewards, this is unfair!

11 days ago

I find it funny people complaining about what they said in the streams that they arent doing. This SDS we are talking about the streams before the game come out are only about getting preorders and sales. I don't think they are deliberately lying but they sure dont seem to concerned with doing what they said after the fact. 

They were also suppose to have a stream every few weeks or every month after launch and that never happened. I am sure there are other things that didnt happen. Bottom line is if you preordered the game you told SDS that business as it is now is ok and thats on you. IMO anyone who preordered shouldnt even be complaining.

10 days ago

The only immortals they said would be obtainable via offline only are the ones we knew at release. They kept their word with those. 

Stan, Ted, Sandburg and Kershaw were all announced later and never promised to be offline only. 

Get over it. 

Comment by casedogg310
about 15 hours ago

Exactly my thoughts and how I received it...