You must have Javascript enabled to view this content.

Finest Lindor vs. Baez

2 months ago

I have one position on my team I can't seem to find the right guy for.  Shortstop!  I currently have iChipper in that position with Pujols, who has better defense but is slow, at third.  That means I also have Schmidt available but he pulls out some weird animations every now and then that take him forever to throw the ball to first so he's out!  

I'm looking for someone with good fielding, with some quickness, but also someone who still has a good bat.  I think I've come down to either Lindor or Baez being the best choice.  I just wanted to get all of your opinions on which one you prefer and why.  Any help you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks everybody!  

2 months ago

Lindor over baez any day. Switch hitters are OP.

2 months ago

Baez’s pci gets very small against tough pitchers with good /9’s. I think his vision is like 50 or something. If Lindor’s is better, I second the above.

Show Replies
2 months ago

Baez for the price imo. I actually hit better with Baez, but then again I like a small pci. And on top of that, Baez has much better fielding than Lindor. 

All around I think the best option is Baez. If they were the same price I might take Lindor but only because he's a switch hitter. Baez is just as good imo

Show Replies
2 months ago 1 Like

I picked up Baez regardless. I’ve had LS Baez in my lineup for a while and his vision is even worse than finest (40?) so it’s still an upgrade.

Show Replies
2 months ago

Lindor . I put Baez vs. Ramirez . Lindor ls and finest have always been better than baez and Ramirez imo.  I even think I like Ramirez offense better than Baez ... Everybody is gonna say something different 

2 months ago

I have both finest in my lineup. Finest Baez will hit more home rubs idk why but he does. However as a tool player and switch hitter you really can’t do anything better then Lindor. If you can afford finest. However, if your talking about live series I’ll take Baez gold over diamond lindor any day.

2 months ago

Why does it matter that Lindor is a switch hitter?  Do you personally see the ball better batting opposite the pitcher?

2 months ago

They are both really good. If you are thinking this is definitely for shortstop and stubs are not an issue Lindor is the choice. If you really want position flexibility Baez is really fun.  He hits well for me so I sub him into tons of different positions just for variety. He has played rf over vlad cf over trout and of course all infield positions. He really is good in the outfield. He actually saved a game for me recently throwing the tying run out at the plate from center. Trout would not have gotten the guy but Baez did.  The thing for me with Baez is I had to give it time. My first few games with him stunk but I kept reading how good he was so I forced myself to stick with it.  He is good for 2 hits a game now and a lot of home runs. Lindor has been great for me since the first day. Tons of power. 

2 months ago

If it's strictly shortstop I say Lindor all the way. If it was a utility guy I'd say Baez. You can never go wrong with a switch-hitter though